Corsair Community

ASUS Motherboard Integration *BETA*

asus z270i works...only ram left to go :D thx for this feature!

Can you confirm you're talking of the ROG STRIX Z270-I GAMING?

I tried and couldn't make it work.

I see on your profile you mention you have the Z370-I.

Thanks

EDIT: Actually made it work with a Phanteks RGB strip plugged in too.

Edited by imat

I tried setting this up with the Asus ROG STRIX X570-E Gaming and it worked flawlessly.

The motherboard is controllable (as far as the limited leds on it will allow) and the animations even look smoother than similar aura ones.

It doesn't control anything addressable obviously like my phanteks case leds but the two standard RGB headers show up (though i don't have any non-addressable stuff i can test with)

However, due to the limited control I decided to go the other way around and use Aura/Armory Crate to control the Corsair Dominator ram rather than have iCUE control the mobo so that I could have everything sync. Aura integration isn't a beta feature according to Corsair support, but they say you have to enable "SPD Write" in bios which doesn't seem to be a common option on motherboards anymore and would require patching the BIOS with a hex editor in exactly the right spot.

has anyone else tried this method of Aura/Corsair integration and gotten the RAM to show up in Aura?

I tried setting this up with the Asus ROG STRIX X570-E Gaming and it worked flawlessly.

The motherboard is controllable (as far as the limited leds on it will allow) and the animations even look smoother than similar aura ones.

It doesn't control anything addressable obviously like my phanteks case leds but the two standard RGB headers show up (though i don't have any non-addressable stuff i can test with)

However, due to the limited control I decided to go the other way around and use Aura/Armory Crate to control the Corsair Dominator ram rather than have iCUE control the mobo so that I could have everything sync. Aura integration isn't a beta feature according to Corsair support, but they say you have to enable "SPD Write" in bios which doesn't seem to be a common option on motherboards anymore and would require patching the BIOS with a hex editor in exactly the right spot.

has anyone else tried this method of Aura/Corsair integration and gotten the RAM to show up in Aura?

If SPD Write is disabled, iCUE won't be able to control the RAM either.

This was an option in earlier (z170/z270 motherboards) but now seems to be both enabled and hidden these days.

Hi guys, sorry if this has been covered. new to the party

Asus R6E user. I cant get the corsair software to control the individual zones on the board. They all seem "linked", ie if I select static color, all the zones go to one color. if I select "sold", none of the lighting works at all, all the selection boxes are "grey"

What gives? Also does the FC_Menu profile (ie red white and blue flickering) wont work on the mobo (works on keyboard and mouse pad)

Is there anyway to "unlink" the motherboard completely from the iCue software so that Asus Aura controls is? Do you think I need to have uninstalled Asus Aura for the features of ice to work on the mobo?

Thx!

Edited by skypine27

It works, but this is where it fails and blows the whole thing up: "We don't support individually addressable headers at this time."

The only way this can be successful, for me, is if it can control everything the Aura software can. Otherwise, I still have to fire up Aura to make changes. Pointless to go only one step in, instead of all the way in. I guess for people that don't have an Asus graphics card or addressable RGB strips...

EDIT: I really just want to be able to turn off all of the lights (icue and Aura) in my case with one click. This change does not accomplish this.

I'm regretting trying this out, now only 4 of my 21 corsair LL 120 Fans are lighting up and none of my aura lighting is changing through iCUE or AuraSync. I've even fresh installed windows and am about to try flashing both of my CoPros, any ideas? Also, in iCue I have three devices called "Corsair Obsidian 1000D(1)" New PC and went to **** after installing iCue :(

That file horse didn't seem like legit files, all the .exes it downloaded were 3.5 MB, no way I was running them. What it did to tho, was let me know the exact version numbers. I googled the previous version and there were lots of places that had the full 360MB file up

Thx!

Edited by skypine27

If SPD Write is disabled, iCUE won't be able to control the RAM either.

This was an option in earlier (z170/z270 motherboards) but now seems to be both enabled and hidden these days.

Thanks! Do you know where you found out about this? Since I can control my ram via iCUE, i guess i'll consider it enabled, i'd just like to have a reference for talking with Corsair support about Aura controlling the RAM (which isn't considered a beta feature like iCUE controlling Aura)

Is there anyway to "unlink" the motherboard completely from the iCue software so that Asus Aura controls is? Do you think I need to have uninstalled Asus Aura for the features of ice to work on the mobo?

I'm using a mix of both Aura and iCUE.

iCUE can control:

Asus X570-E mobo

Dominator RGB ram

Aura can control:

Asus X570-E mobo

Evolv X case aRGB strips

Sapphire RX 5700 XT GPU

So i went back to iCUE just for RAM and Aura (via Armory Crate since you can make custom effects) for everything else and am working on getting Aura to control the RAM to see if that's any good until iCUE can control aRGB headers.

For my situation, whichever app applied a setting last takes priority (with the occasional conflict that makes the lights flicker and requires a couple re-applys / restarts to fix.) But that applies to everything, meaning when iCUE takes over (which has to be left running in the systray to control the mobo) the aRGB stuff goes off. I haven't found a way to have Aura control the aRGB strips and iCUE control everything else including the mobo.

I have had nothing but problems with my X570-F GAMING since I got it in October.

Really don't think its a hardware issue since it works fine other than the RGB. The version of Aura we are asked to download doesn't detect it, Armoury Crate does(which now should be uninstalled) but the RGB doesn't work.

Icue obviously doesn't see it at all, however my GPU RGB lights up if the lighting service is stopped and I open ICUE though it doesn't appear in ICUE itself.

The ASUS forums have been uselss, not sure if anyone here can help. No idea if I can even exchange it for a different motherboard(I have an extended warranty but obviously that won't help if its a software issue). That and I REALLY don't wanna have to diassemble my entire tower.

Appreciate any help

This plugin worked for me for a while, but after the latest iCue update (3.25.60) and possibly some update that came from ASUS armoury crate on the same or next day (did not notice what was updated from ASUS) - the motherboard now does not show up in iCue anymore or in Asus Aura. The MB now continues cycling through the default rainbow.

MB: Asus Maximus Gene XI

Would anyone from Corsair help to understand if the problem was caused by iCue or if this is something I should take up with ASUS support?

Is there any log saved on my system by iCue to understand if the plugin is even loaded up during iCue startup?

Can provide more details if needed.

Thank you.

This plugin worked for me for a while, but after the latest iCue update (3.25.60) and possibly some update that came from ASUS armoury crate on the same or next day (did not notice what was updated from ASUS) - the motherboard now does not show up in iCue anymore or in Asus Aura. The MB now continues cycling through the default rainbow.

MB: Asus Maximus Gene XI

Would anyone from Corsair help to understand if the problem was caused by iCue or if this is something I should take up with ASUS support?

Is there any log saved on my system by iCue to understand if the plugin is even loaded up during iCue startup?

Can provide more details if needed.

Thank you.

I have had no issues with the plug in, but then again I do not use alot of the ASUS bloatware other than AI sutie 3.

Reading these threads I see alot of people use alot of the asus add-on's, and from what I gather thats where alot of the issues start.

I have removed the Asus plugin out hee folder to check. After removing it, Battleye doesn't knock out my RGB fans or my ST100 now. It is something in the .dll. Maybe how it is executed is causing the trigger.

I tried what you said and you're 100% right there's something wrong with "asus_motherboard_plugin.dll" I hope it will be fixed soon (even if it's still in beta phase)

Did you drop the extension into the folder? And upgrade your iCUE version?

I can't seem to get it working with my Maximus X WiFi which is on the list. I know I have the latest Corsair version and I already had the Asus folder in my Plug-Ins before even seeing this thread but downloaded the zip and reinstalled anyway. I don't know why but I cannot seem to find the version number for the Aura software that's on my PC anywhere. I guess I will just have to download Aura again. As for the latest Bios, do you know if there a date on what the 'latest' means/is? Not a big fan of changing Bios unless absolutely needed.

@DevBiker what exactly is the 'extension' you mentioned here and which 'folder' exactly are you referring to? Thanks

Hello, I updated iCue and recognized my ASUS X570 TUF Gaming Plus (WiFi) was recognized...wow.

At the beginning I had installed Armoury Crate and not Asus Aura.

When I was changing colors in iCue the only LEDs that responded were the backplates, but the Argb header (that is recognized) doesn't change at all.

Then I tried in Armoury crate to unlink the argb header thinking that maybe it was overriding iCue, but nothing changed.

Then I installed Asus Aura 1.07.79 (without running the software), MoBo still recognized, but same situation can change the backplates but the ARGB header is not responding.

Then I unistalled Armoury Crate, and again same situation.

Then unistalled Asus Aura and reinstalled.

Plugin is in the correct folder.

So whatever I do iCue recognizes my MoBo and recognizes 2 rgb headers and backplate leds, but the header are never responding.

What can it be ?

I read some users saying that argb header is recognized but not working, is it true ? if so for me is useless as my all devices are connected to that port.

Thanks

Edited by Ssxgaming

C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE\plugins\Asus

You have to have it listed like that. There has to be a folder named "Asus" in the plugins folder. The .dll will be in there named "asus_motherboard_plugin.dll."

Or simply right-click the compressed download and select extract to Asus and drop the whole folder in the listing provided.

I'm not "DevBiker" but trying to help you out.

Software\plugins

@DevBiker what exactly is the 'extension' you mentioned here and which 'folder' exactly are you referring to? Thanks

C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE\plugins\Asus

You have to have it listed like that. There has to be a folder named "Asus" in the plugins folder. The .dll will be in there named "asus_motherboard_plugin.dll."

Or simply right-click the compressed download and select extract to Asus and drop the whole folder in the listing provided.

I'm not "DevBiker" but trying to help you out.

Software\plugins

ok thank you...yes, that has all been done but still not working for me.

I'm guessing you stopped and restarted corsair's ICU a few times. I had to do it a few times before mine started working. I went from the Asus Sync to the later Armoury Crate as well.

ok thank you...yes, that has all been done but still not working for me.

I'm guessing you stopped and restarted corsair's ICU a few times. I had to do it a few times before mine started working. I went from the Asus Sync to the later Armoury Crate as well.

Well, I finally got iCue to work with the motherboard showing but now when I try and start Aura I get a message that says 'AuraService is currently unavailable. Please close Aura and check if AuraServikce is installed and started correctly'. I've tried uninstalling Aura and reinstalling...no difference.

Sigh...always something it seems

and just as I was finishing this comment i caught out of the corner of my eye iCue disappearing from my taskbar, I'm guessing it has quit/crashed....ugh