Corsair Community

iCUE (MacOS) Now Available as Open Beta!

Corsair James

I can confirm, that my Void Wireless headset, along with my Harpoon RGB mouse is no longer detected in iCue [ It was detected in the previous version]. Although both still function with my mac, they DO NOT show up in iCue V3.17.94
I am having the same issue

Hello

So I've seen a bunch of people struggling with the latest driver updates and I had them too (my VOID Wireless and my ST-100 stopped being recognized with 3.17.94 while they worked perfectly with 3.15.101).

Hopefully most of these issues can be fixed by downgrading your version. Oddly enough, this is less trivial than it should be. But thankfully, it can be processed with a few steps.

DISCLAIMER: While there is no reason this guide would create an issue for you, I am not responsible if your stuff works less well than before after following them. Don't bother DMing me, I won't provide support on this matter.

1. Backup your profile config. To do so, open a finder and press cmd+shift+G and type "~/Library/Application Support/Corsair" and copy (don't move) the CUE folder on your desktop or anywhere you want

2. Download the driver version you want. Most of them are currently all available on corsair's download center (if it's not the case at the time you read these lines, welp, sorry for you). For me, the driver that worked was iCue 3.15.101 and the one that created the issues was the 3.17.94 so the link I needed was

http://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUE-3.15.101-release.dmg

If you want another version, just change the version number in the URL and pray that it's still available.

3. Quit iCue. You can either do it by the menu in the top bar of your system or with the Application Monitor app.

4. Open the icue uninstaller, that you can find in your application folder, under the Corsair subfolder (this is the non-trivial part). If you struggle to find it, open a finder, press cmd+shift+G and type "/Applications/Corsair"

5. First, select "cleanup" in the uninstall list

6. Reopen the icue uninstaller and now select "uninstall"

7. Reinstall the version you want, reboot at the end

8. Quit iCue after the reboot

9. Copy back the CUE folder you've backuped at point 1 at the same place (you can select only certain subfolder if you want, like the profiles one)

10. restart iCue, you should be good

Hello

So I've seen a bunch of people struggling with the latest driver updates and I had them too (my VOID Wireless and my ST-100 stopped being recognized with 3.17.94 while they worked perfectly with 3.15.101).

Hopefully most of these issues can be fixed by downgrading your version. Oddly enough, this is less trivial than it should be. But thankfully, it can be processed with a few steps.

DISCLAIMER: While there is no reason this guide would create an issue for you, I am not responsible if your stuff works less well than before after following them. Don't bother DMing me, I won't provide support on this matter.

1. Backup your profile config. To do so, open a finder and press cmd+shift+G and type "~/Library/Application Support/Corsair" and copy (don't move) the CUE folder on your desktop or anywhere you want

2. Download the driver version you want. Most of them are currently all available on corsair's download center (if it's not the case at the time you read these lines, welp, sorry for you). For me, the driver that worked was iCue 3.15.101 and the one that created the issues was the 3.17.94 so the link I needed was

http://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUE-3.15.101-release.dmg

If you want another version, just change the version number in the URL and pray that it's still available.

3. Quit iCue. You can either do it by the menu in the top bar of your system or with the Application Monitor app.

4. Open the icue uninstaller, that you can find in your application folder, under the Corsair subfolder (this is the non-trivial part). If you struggle to find it, open a finder, press cmd+shift+G and type "/Applications/Corsair"

5. First, select "cleanup" in the uninstall list

6. Reopen the icue uninstaller and now select "uninstall"

7. Reinstall the version you want, reboot at the end

8. Quit iCue after the reboot

9. Copy back the CUE folder you've backuped at point 1 at the same place (you can select only certain subfolder if you want, like the profiles one)

10. restart iCue, you should be good

Thanks for your guide , i'm sure it will help alot of people with this issue.

I have a K95 connected to my Mac Mini with the beta installed and I cannot get all of the keys to work at the login screen. I literally can't type my password in, I press the keys on the k95 but they don't register, I have to connect a Mac keyboard and disconnect my K95 to it so I can login; even the mac keyboard will have issues with certain keys as long as the k95 is connected.

I didn't have this issue before I installed iCue on macOS, I don't have this issue on PC, I'd like to be able to use the backlits with macOS.

The K95 works once it's logged in, but before login most key presses aren't recognized, and the ones that are recognized I'm not sure if they are the right keys.

This issue has been happening for months now, none of the updates have fixed it so I created this account looking for help.

Anyone else have this issue?

Hi,

got the beta to work regarding that iCUE could find my K63 Wireless keyboard on my Mac Pro (2016). A very interesting issue though.

If I restart my computer, some keys work but far from all. So far, I have found that the following keys seems to work: HRPZX

When I have logged in (using another keyboard), everything seems to work fine. Have tried both the wireless mode and the USB wired mode which works after login but not during login. This is only when you restart your computer, if you logout without restarting, it works fine.

I have the latest firmware version of the keyboard (3.07) and the latest iCUE version (3.11.114).

Only me who has this issue?

Yes, i have this issues with my K95 RGB Platinum. It's updated to the latest firmware 3.21.7168 Edited by klxz79

You sure that's the right version? Latest version seems to be 3.17.94, with lots of bugs.

See attachment, that's what's listed under device settings. But yes the iCUE software is 3.17.94. However this issue has been happening since the day I installed iCUE a few months ago. Issue didn't happen before I install iCUE.

5477525_ScreenShot2019-07-01at11_51_41PM.png.de6513fc0cbc2ab243bc4751d6e9dda1.png

I have a K95 connected to my Mac Mini with the beta installed and I cannot get all of the keys to work at the login screen. I literally can't type my password in, I press the keys on the k95 but they don't register, I have to connect a Mac keyboard and disconnect my K95 to it so I can login; even the mac keyboard will have issues with certain keys as long as the k95 is connected.

I didn't have this issue before I installed iCue on macOS, I don't have this issue on PC, I'd like to be able to use the backlits with macOS.

The K95 works once it's logged in, but before login most key presses aren't recognized, and the ones that are recognized I'm not sure if they are the right keys.

This issue has been happening for months now, none of the updates have fixed it so I created this account looking for help.

Anyone else have this issue?

Yes, i have this issues with my K95 RGB Platinum. It's updated to the latest firmware 3.21.7168

Also facing this issue. I upgraded my Strafe RGB (older model) to the new V3 firmware. Even with the latest beta of iCUE, it did not show up in the iCUE device list. I uninstalled iCUE and restarted. Can't type anything at the login screen, and the scroll lock light just continuously blinks. Once I login with another keyboard, it seems to work fine. I submitted a support ticket to get old firmware download... sigh.

I was excited to see the iCUE software available for OSX. I have a dual boot Windows/OSX system that I'm building. I recently purchased 32GB of Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4, Lighting Node PRO, HYDRO Series H115i Platinum, and 2 LL140 RGB fans. Today, I was sick to read this -

2.) Why does iCUE for macOS not support DIY products?

We use Windows Service to control DIY products and we also use CPUID SDK to do so. Unfortunately, neither of these are compatible with macOS at this time. We are looking at alternative methods but as most people are using macbooks and mac desktops, we don’t think there is a strong enough demand yet to support DIY with users who have Hackintosh’s. However, we are carefully monitoring feedback as well as investigating how to improve the overall experience when it comes to device support.

Does this mean it will be impossible to control Corsair RGB through the iCUE OSX App? If so, are there plans to implement this? Thank you.

After building a hackintosh for my wife and buying more LL120 fans (now 12 total between our two computers), this was also disappointing to me to read. Doesn't seem like it has changed in months, either. Any updates on future support for MacOS and LL120/Lighting Node Pro?

After building a hackintosh for my wife and buying more LL120 fans (now 12 total between our two computers), this was also disappointing to me to read. Doesn't seem like it has changed in months, either. Any updates on future support for MacOS and LL120/Lighting Node Pro?

So i ended up putting the hackintosh right up against another windows machine I have, plugged the lighting node pro into the USB socket and sata power on the windows machine in some unholy RGB transfusion, ran iCUE on the windows machine and set the lighting effect I wanted, updated the firmware, unhooked it all and now the fans run the last setting used while booted to osx. Without having to dual boot windows.

So that’s a thing I did. Please add support for the fans in OS X.

Edited by skylined45

Same situation here.

Corsair products are one of the most common on hackintoshs and on hack buying guides as well. The company should review that.

So its there a comprehensive list of what is support and what isn't?

I was about to move over from NZXT to Corsair iCUE when I change from an All in One cooling solution to a Custom Loop on my Hackintosh. The main reason for going with Corsair was getting support inside iCue for Mac for Fan curves, and Lighting....

Sounds like lights and fans and such aren't supported in iCUE for Mac??

Thanks for any pointers to a supported list of items...

So its there a comprehensive list of what is support and what isn't?

I was about to move over from NZXT to Corsair iCUE when I change from an All in One cooling solution to a Custom Loop on my Hackintosh. The main reason for going with Corsair was getting support inside iCue for Mac for Fan curves, and Lighting....

Sounds like lights and fans and such aren't supported in iCUE for Mac??

Thanks for any pointers to a supported list of items...

I think the original post is updated with what is supported. There is community software that's been developed to support keyboards as well. As far as I can tell though there is nothing that supports internals - fans, light strips, anything else attached to the LNP, AIO coolers, etc.

This is disappointing. While I totally get Corsair or other manufactures not going out of their way to support Hackintosh machines I was still hoping we would get a pull through on this one. Was kind of hoping the internals would get support right along with the other items.

It's funny how the folks who make this hardware for the PC industry seem to treat the software as a second class citizen. When it really comes down to it the software isn't particularly good for any of the manufactures, and it's also not hard to create at all.... It has always seemed amazing to me.

The amount of entitlement here is disgusting. No one here should have bought Corsair products thinking it'll be a great macOS peripheral b/c I can't find one product Corsair makes that actually says macOS compatible.

Most if not all of you either purchased Corsair products for Windows and knew you would deal with it on mac/hackintosh systems.

As a hackintosh user (more than 6 years), be grateful they even opened up a beta and are trying to expand into the Apple Ecosystem. The hackintosh community is not as big a market as some of you think. Hate to break it to you guys but literally no one cares much about the hackintosh community b/c if someone did it would be Apple and they would have shut down it a long time ago.

The amount of entitlement here is disgusting. No one here should have bought Corsair products thinking it'll be a great macOS peripheral b/c I can't find one product Corsair makes that actually says macOS compatible.

Most if not all of you either purchased Corsair products for Windows and knew you would deal with it on mac/hackintosh systems.

As a hackintosh user (more than 6 years), be grateful they even opened up a beta and are trying to expand into the Apple Ecosystem. The hackintosh community is not as big a market as some of you think. Hate to break it to you guys but literally no one cares much about the hackintosh community b/c if someone did it would be Apple and they would have shut down it a long time ago.

Expressing disappointment in the limited functionality of a product isn’t entitlement, and Corsair obviously welcomes the feedback. It’s typically better then customers just disappearing. Your ‘be grateful for what you get’ mentality in a thread meant for community feedback seems, uh, a little misplaced.

I mean, I shouldn’t have to hook up my fans to a windows machine to get them to display the default rainbow coloration out of the box. It’s obvious the LNPs firmware can be preloaded to do this on its own.

I'm grateful for Corsair testing the mac beta, my only issue is the lack of feedback given to us, would be nice to know if they are working on correcting the issues that broke a functioning version, to a dysfunctional beta. As I said, I'm grateful for them taking the challenge, but maybe proving us tester some feedback also would be nice.

Expressing disappointment in the limited functionality of a product isn’t entitlement, and Corsair obviously welcomes the feedback. It’s typically better then customers just disappearing. Your ‘be grateful for what you get’ mentality in a thread meant for community feedback seems, uh, a little misplaced.

I mean, I shouldn’t have to hook up my fans to a windows machine to get them to display the default rainbow coloration out of the box. It’s obvious the LNPs firmware can be preloaded to do this on its own.

This isn't limited functionality of a product, this is an expansion of many products' functionality and use cases. You purchased a product knowing this compatibility didn't even exist for macOS. And now your complaining that it still doesn't? That's not feedback that's just ignorance. Feedback is like "hey could we get iCue to use less system resources? It's a bit on the heavy side."

What a lot of people are doing here is the equivalent of someone buying a minivan and then being disappointed and complaining to the manufacture why their minivan still isn't capable of going off road yet.

My keyboard and mouse worked fine on Windows with iCue. I purchased these products knowing very well I wouldn't have their support in macOS. Now suddenly I do and I'm grateful for that. Then there's you with your fans and having expectations of compatibility in macOS. RGB fans and macOS, think about that for a second. I can't wait for the Apple Store to start selling Corsair RGB fans with Apple Care so the genius bar can help people figure out where they go on Macs.

This isn't limited functionality of a product, this is an expansion of many products' functionality and use cases. You purchased a product knowing this compatibility didn't even exist for macOS. And now your complaining that it still doesn't? That's not feedback that's just ignorance. Feedback is like "hey could we get iCue to use less system resources? It's a bit on the heavy side."

What a lot of people are doing here is the equivalent of someone buying a minivan and then being disappointed and complaining to the manufacture why their minivan still isn't capable of going off road yet.

My keyboard and mouse worked fine on Windows with iCue. I purchased these products knowing very well I wouldn't have their support in macOS. Now suddenly I do and I'm grateful for that. Then there's you with your fans and having expectations of compatibility in macOS. RGB fans and macOS, think about that for a second. I can't wait for the Apple Store to start selling Corsair RGB fans with Apple Care so the genius bar can help people figure out where they go on Macs.

You’re whining that people are giving feedback about the product compatibility in the thread about product compatibility.

You’re whining that people are giving feedback about the product compatibility in the thread about product compatibility.

Your feedback is not on compatibility. It's wanting compatibility with parts that aren't listed here or are even meant for Macs.

• Corsair Employee

Hi team,

I have updated iCUE Beta to v3.18. As we start gearing up for launch (and with the expectation that the audio driver will be reimplemented back into iCUE v3.19), this may be the second to last update on this thread. As always, feel free to DM me with any feedback or concerns.

Hi team,

I have updated iCUE Beta to v3.18. As we start gearing up for launch (and with the expectation that the audio driver will be reimplemented back into iCUE v3.19), this may be the second to last update on this thread. As always, feel free to DM me with any feedback or concerns.

I can confirm this latest update (3.18.) has NOT corrected the issue where the Void pro headset is not detected like it previously did in version 3.15, so back to downgrading, I go once again. Hope these issues get corrected before releasing the software with existing issues.

Edited by BlackScorpion