View Single Post
Old 01-06-2018, 11:31 AM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 934050
DevBiker Reputation: 88

Top mounted? Definitely exhaust. Yes, there are good reasons for having a radiator as intake but you also need to consider the overall case airflow.
You will definitely need to manage the waste heat from that GPU. That'll be the key thing that you need to deal with. If you don't, the air that's supposed to be cooling your radiator will actually warm it up.
For me, I have a temp sensor from my CoPro about 1" over the GPU and I actually use this temperature to control most of my case fans. I've found that having a good rear exhaust is the best way to actually manage that. YMMV, of course, but with the CoPro, you can place those sensors in strategic locations inside the case and get pretty good real-time feedback on the impact of increasing the fan speeds. By the way, I also have a temp sensor just below the radiator intake as well, to measure the air cooling the radiator. My radiator is top mounted, exhaust as well.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.