Corsair Community

Can't save a profile to K95 keyboard

biggins845

I have a K95 keyboard and I can't see a way of saving a profile to the keyboard's memory.

Other threads mention a "SD card" icon in the drop-down menu but I am not seeing one even after selecting the K95 keyboard first.

I tried deleting one of the default stored profiles to see if this would "free up" a memory slot but it did not.

15VrU9F.png

Please help, as I am finding iCUE a nightmare to use.

Two of the three you need are right below the default profile (3 and 4 down from the top). This is K95P HW2 and K95P HW3. Yeah, I am not sure we can refer to it as an "SD icon" anymore. No one will no what that is. It will always have a name with the device and the HW designation. HW is for hardware and is the indicator this is for saving to the keyboard or other device only. You cannot use these when running the software.

The reason for this versus the classic "save to device" mechanic is the lighting/macro/customization options with the program are vast. However, if you close the software and remove the CPU from the processing chain, then the little chip in the keyboard has to do the work. Obviously this reduces capabilities by quite a bit. There are special rules written into the HW profiles so you can only select lighting and options that are capable of being saved to the keyboard. In times past, you would create a profile, click save to device, and then wonder why a lot of it wasn't there or wouldn't work. This HW save profile guides you through it, but only use the HW profiles to create profiles to save to the board. You can't use it for software.

There is one final step. Just creating HW1, HW2, HW3 will not automatically save it to the device. When you click on any of those, an additional "ONBOARD PROFILES" tab will appear at the bottom of the left side of the app. When you click that, the three HW "SD icons" will appear at the bottom. That is your save mechanic. When you are in K95P HW1, clicking on any of those three SD cards will save the device to the matching slot number on the keyboard. You do not have to save HW1 to slot 1, but it does make it easier to keep things straight and avoid some otherwise pesky reminders.

This HW save profile guides you through it, but only use the HW profiles to create profiles to save to the board. You can't use it for software.

So it's not possible to download lighting profiles from the internet (like I've done), import them into iCUE and then save them to the hardware slot?

Wow, that is a massive limitation.

Hey, hey!

That's correct. It would require more on-board memory to store the .XML data for unique and complex lighting that software profiles offer, which would raise the price of the cost of the keyboard.

You can do your best to duplicate the effects of a software profile, but the storage of the hardware can only support so many effects. It will let you know when you've reached the limit when you attempt to save to the on-board memory.

You may only have 5 custom effects or 1 predefined effect on a hardware profile.

Edited by PJH