Corsair Community

My Function and number keys are triggering macro shortcuts

Goolog

Hi

Since the new version of iCUE was released (v3.22.74), my Corsair K95 RGB keyboard has been triggering macro shortcuts that are triggered by its macro keys (G1, G2, etc) when the function keys (F1, F2, etc), as well as number keys (not the ones on the keypad), are pressed. I do not know why this is happening but as far as I know, I did not do anything to my iCUE software for this to happen. It started happening right after I had updated my iCUE software.

For example, when I press G13, this opens the Geforce Share overlay. The problem is that pressing 1 on the keyboard will also do this. I have checked my keyboard bindings for Geforce Experience already and everything is fine.

G4 opens Discord but for some reason, so does F2.

G11 opens my Dropbox folder but so does F4.

Can somebody please help me fix this?

Thanks,

Goolog

I'm having a similar problem. I was trying to set up my action macros on my scimitar mouse. When i got to the 'F' keys, It was recording multiple 'F' keys at a time.. So for some reason, my f1 key is also my f4 key and my f2 and f3 are the same. Thankfully i had a previous profile that i could just copy over for now. I have done 0 actions on my keyboard because I just got it and haven't even fooled around with macros yet. Someone help XD

having same problem on K70 RGB MK.2 LP as well as my Scimitar Pro as it's also tied to the number keys by default.

if anyone has the previous version of iCue I've been looking everywhere

EDIT: Mine aren't trigger macros it's just gibberish.

Number Row: 192132435x6w7890

Number Pad: 123456789

Row should match Pad...

Edited by Droid8Apple
additions

Yes, I too am having an issue with this on my K95 RGB Platinum. It's definitely something with the iCue 3.22.74

Esc also triggers G1

F1 also triggers G2

F2 also triggers G3

etc.

I don't seem to have an issue with the number keys (thank god).

I "fixed" it by going back to 3.12.118, which is the only older version of iCue that I had... I don't have the direct previous version. I wish Corsair would make available an archive of their previous versions so at least if they break something we can go back to a working copy...

I thought I was going nuts. I bought the k95 last week and downloaded the latest icue. I noticed the problem when I was loading and saving in Duke Nukem 3d.

I have a G key linked to launch steam and it would launch steam every time I saved.

I went to a keyboard tester website and noticed function keys using the macros I made.

A G key I set as ALT+F4 would always use CTRL too. Went around looking for the problem that was causing this. Glad I am not alone with this issue.

Downloaded version 3.21.88. Problem is solved now.

You can find older versions here : https://drivers.softpedia.com/get/Other-DRIVERS-TOOLS/Others/

The one I downloaded : https://drivers.softpedia.com/get/Other-DRIVERS-TOOLS/Others/Corsair-Utility-Engine-iCUE-Software-3-21-88.shtml

Note : You won't be able to use your profiles with an older version.

[K55 RGB]

Chiming in to say the latest update has also made numpad unusable, especially in games that have hotkeys associated with it. Uninstalled and went back to previous update and the issue's aren't there, but it also means my profiles aren't usable and that's a big bummer. :/ Really hope there's a fix for this pronto.

mine does the same crap its activating the toggle and wont shut off... mine even activates the toggled macro whenever i close ESO makes it real hard to close icue. idk if it its random button presses or something holding true in the macro function that makes it randomly activate... this brings about my idea though for a keyboard with a toggle switch built in maybe do like a missle launch switch where as on would use the held function of the macro...

idk if thatd solve our problem though as far as i can tell its the toggle macros doing this ive even deleted the macro and restarted there is just something in the program triggering it

I thought I was going nuts. I bought the k95 last week and downloaded the latest icue. I noticed the problem when I was loading and saving in Duke Nukem 3d.

I have a G key linked to launch steam and it would launch steam every time I saved.

I went to a keyboard tester website and noticed function keys using the macros I made.

A G key I set as ALT+F4 would always use CTRL too. Went around looking for the problem that was causing this. Glad I am not alone with this issue.

Downloaded version 3.21.88. Problem is solved now.

You can find older versions here : https://drivers.softpedia.com/get/Other-DRIVERS-TOOLS/Others/

The one I downloaded : https://drivers.softpedia.com/get/Other-DRIVERS-TOOLS/Others/Corsair-Utility-Engine-iCUE-Software-3-21-88.shtml

Note : You won't be able to use your profiles with an older version.

That seems like a good idea. I'll give the softpedia link a shot.

I went back to 3.22.74 and as some of the other threads about this have mentioned, I deleted all the actions in the Action Library - all my actions are still in their respective Profiles. That seems to have "fixed" the problem - but obviously they have some work to do on this.

To download previous versions of iCue check this post:

https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1024789&postcount=32):

downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_{version}_release.msi

replacing {version} with the correct one you want to download - i.e. 3.22.74, 3.21.88, etc.

Official ICUE 3.21.88 Download

I’m having these same wacky problems. Wasted a few hours thinking it was something I did. Please update this, I nearly sent my new mouse back thinking it was defective.

Same. I was on the line with Amazon to send back my brand new k95 because the googled description of the issue made it sounds like key switch "chattering" or "contact bouncing" - which for all I know that's something the current iCUE is somehow screwing with.

For such robust software it sure consistently fails to deliver on the basics.

I found THIS, and it finally fixed my issues!

Basically, reinstall (the newest version of) iCue from absolute scratch...

Uninstall

Delete Folders

Delete Registry Items

Reboot

Install from scratch.

For what it's worth, my issues were of the keyboard kind...

Specifically, my K95 Platinum would start macros (set to G keys) by typing random keys (normally the F keys or Esc key).

I'm back up and running all of my macros/actions with the G keys, and my other keys (F keys, etc.) are behaving as normal. Huzzah!

Edited by Sisukas
Thank you for posting the link, Gigz!

I found THIS, and it finally fixed my issues!

Basically, reinstall (the newest version of) iCue from absolute scratch...

Uninstall

Delete Folders

Delete Registry Items

Reboot

Install from scratch.

For what it's worth, my issues were of the keyboard kind...

Specifically, my K95 Platinum would start macros (set to G keys) by typing random keys (normally the F keys or Esc key).

I'm back up and running all of my macros/actions with the G keys, and my other keys (F keys, etc.) are behaving as normal. Huzzah!

I just close corsaire en delete folder and registry item in your link and its seem working

thanks

• 4 weeks later...

I found that my issue was actually being caused by the 'actions.cuelibrary' file found at %APPDATA%/Corsair/Cue/libraries/actions.cuelibrary

I found this by cutting the 'CUE' folder to Desktop & reopening the iCUE app. The iCUE software regenerates that folder on start and the problem went away. I continued to open & close iCUE after copying over a new folder/file until I found the culprit. Not sure why the actions library was causing the issue. Maybe the issue is specific to the type of custom action I had in there.

This beats deleting the entire folder and losing all my custom profiles, etc.

Hope this helps someone else!

• 2 months later...

I seemed to have a similar problem and it also probably began when I upgraded my iCUE to 3.22.74. I started noticing that the ESC and F1 buttons on my Corsair K95 RGB PLATINUM keyboard were triggering the same autoclicking macros that I have programmed into my Corsair M65 PRO RGB mouse.

I finally started investigating the issue after enduring it for a while and found this thread and I was about try what Sisukas suggested, but right before starting to uninstall my iCUE I saw that there is an update available (Software version 3.27.68). That made me feel very hopeful that this update will solve the problem, so I installed the update and voilà! Problem solved!

So if some of you have this issue, try updating iCUE to the newest version. It worked for me at least.