Corsair Obsidian 500D SE

Zotty

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice..the case is official released..but no date for the SE version..so we have to wait like 2 more months :(

I really hope you are wrong. I am planning on pulling the trigger on my new rig at the end of March. Planning on going with the 570x, but am certainly interested in the 500d se.

For me, I don't really care about mounting a radiator in the roof, front is just fine so the additional headroom is not really a big deal. The two positions have been tested and there is really no difference in performance between the two. Plus the front is the only place you can mount the h150i. And I like how the 570x also has tempered glass on the top, which i can understand is not for everyone. It does not appear the 500d se does. So even if it is released, I might still go for the 570x. Very sexy case, especially if you are going all out on rgb which I am.

I have also read some forums where people are saying that they are now getting 570x cases with a front shroud for the PSU? That is huge if that is true.

Edited by Mikeisu

• 2 weeks later...

As we've learned, no commments on unreleased products. But still listening, that there are people waiting for the 500D SE!:winking:

Would be awsome, this case gets released soon!

I personally don't need the (maybe) included fans, as I already ordered my LLs to sweaten the waiting time.

I was also interested in the 570X, but with the 500D SE in mind, I'll wait.

• 2 weeks later...
Although the 500D SE is yet to be released, I honestly think the 500D is, IMHO, the best Corsair case ever made. I recently got mine with ML Pro RGBs and an H115i Pro and Commander Pro, and building with it was a great deal of fun. I love this thing so much.

Although the 500D SE is yet to be released, I honestly think the 500D is, IMHO, the best Corsair case ever made. I recently got mine with ML Pro RGBs and an H115i Pro and Commander Pro, and building with it was a great deal of fun. I love this thing so much.

did you have a hard time getting the back panel to close with all the cables back there?

did you have a hard time getting the back panel to close with all the cables back there?

Not really. all I had to do was removing one of the SSD trays in order to get it to close. I even decided to remove the 2nd tray since I'm only using 1 M.2 SSD for the whole system storage.

• 4 weeks later...
we have no word on 500D SE yet. The glass front panel is not likely to be compatible with the original 500D.

Thats funny because the corsai employee on youtube ces 2018 video said word for word «*expect these in q1*».... Same thing can be said about the 1000d, we are now roughly 1year later without a single info...

Bad news guys... I called corsair to ask about the 500d se... I was transferred to tech support. I asked him if he knew anything about a potential release for the 500d se and he indicated that there are no blueprints or parts list for the case. They usually receive blueprints and parts list a while in advance before the case comes out. If it does come out, it likely won't be soon. Vaporware? I'm going to try emailing them to see if anyone else might know, cuz I want this case so bad it hurts. It checks all the boxes for me.

Would it be possible to replace the front panel of the 500D with the glass front from the 500D SE?

Considering this as a work around.

Order and use the 500d now and wait for if/when the 500D SE ever makes it to production to purchase the glass front.

we have no word on 500D SE yet. The glass front panel is not likely to be compatible with the original 500D.

not looking like its a interchangeable item guys

and remember... it's Corsairs Policy not to talk about unannounced/unreleased products.. doesn't matter who you speak to,, you will not get any facts,,

but keep up talking about it... the more that talk the more likely it is to speed up the process...

Edited by Zotty

Fair Comment if that's your stand point.

But ultimately.

Hype/buzz

Call it what You will

Keep up the good work lol... it all adds to the urgency of this Product line being needed asap.

Food For Thought..

Do You think Corsair want to miss out on

A, supplying such awesome products?

B, Making profits from said product lines which in turn funds other 'Concepts'?

something is slowing things down it's as simple as that dude... all we can do is hope it happens ;)

Edited by Zotty

• Corsair Employee
I totally understand where you're coming from, I'd probably feel the same being in the same situation. I do appreciate you standing behind our products, how I wish I could make a comment about this, unfortunately I can't.

Man this is painful... I got some extra cash from the tax return so I'm planning on starting my build. The Obsidian 500D se is the only case I really want. It's either that or the new Lian Li Der Bauer which is a distant 2nd. If there's no announcement soon then I gotta part ways with my plan.

Same here sold my 570x so now I'm caseless again waiting on this case.

I was in the same situation, was caseless since june 2017 waiting on the obsidian 1000d. I finally took thermaltake view 91. I think corsair won’t release either the 500d se nor the 1000d. One year later and no news, if they wanted to release it they would already done it. Either theres a problem with the yields of the front curved tempered glass and/or the cost doesn’t cover corsair profit. Anyways, don’t wait much longer, these will be abandonned.