View Single Post
Old 03-24-2019, 03:53 PM
Stavos914's PC Specs

POST ID # = 998821
Stavos914 Reputation: 10

I should note that when the lights do not come on, the NoPro is not visible in the iCue program, even though I see it on USBDeview as disabled. When the lights are on, it is visible.

It is directly connected to the motherboard. Its going into an 1112 USB port. I do not have any splitters between the NoPro and the MB. Can it be a bad port if one time it works and the next it doesn't? Is this the right port to plug this into?

I did swap where the SATA power cables of the fan splitter and the NoPro connected so that the fan splitter was closest to the power supply (they are connected to the same sata cable, as well as my HDD). That seemed to have worse results. The lights just were not turning on at all after a restart when I did that. I flipped them back so that the NoPro was closer to the PS and the lights turned on as they did before. Do you think I should have a dedicated SATA power cable just for the NoPro?

If they don't turn on and I don't restart it before logging in, I can usually disconnect the USB and sata cable from the NoPro and reset it in some way. Either by pressing and holding the reset button on the NoPro or just unplug and replug the mini USB going into the NoPro and the sata cable connecting to the power supply cable. I really don't like doing this because I have to take the back panel of my case off every time.

When I see it enabled on USBDeview, I can disable and enable it all I want. Can it be some RegEdit settings?

I'll try connecting the mini USB to the I/O soon. I just don't know what to do at this point. I'm at my limit with this crap. I have never experienced hardware this dodgy before in my life. What can be stopping the NoPro from initializing SOMETIMES!?

Thanks

Last edited by Stavos914; 03-24-2019 at 04:00 PM.