View Single Post
Old 01-27-2017, 01:32 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 888743
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackietools View Post
Thanks. So the way it looks now my cooler is functioning properly and I am within safe limits? Just wish it ran cooler like my old 17-3770K but guess it's mot meant to be. You have been very helpful and Ill check out those articles you sent. Thanks again. I read the article ( i am also a Tom's Hardware member. Good stuff) and according to the article (please correct me if I am mistaken) the temps seem to be in the limits of their tests correct? I hoe so as I am going crazy thinking what I can do to cool this down. I do have room for a 140 MM intake fan at the bottom if that would help. Thanks
More case fans well help case ambient temperature, but likely nothing for CPU temps, particularly since I think Kaby Lake (and all other recent CPUs) are limited by voltage temperature and not how much heat the cooler can dissipate.

I am not sure exactly what you are asking about the temps in the article. However, most of those tests are extreme and do not reflect real world use. The one thing that did catch my eye was higher than expected CPU temps for gaming (Watch Dogs 2). Obviously, gaming temps are quite dynamic but it was higher than I would have guessed. Perhaps it is because Intel has made more of the core power available for those tasks whereas on older CPUs, the core would lie dormant. I do think your temps are similar to everyone else's, but I am hopeful you can knock them down a little by setting a specific Vcore. What that value should be, I have no idea. The overclock arena may be able to give you a target that is successful for them.

1 members found this post helpful.