Corsair Community

Corsair Service High Memory usage?

dustzzzz

Hello, I just noticed that my Corsair.Service is using 565mb worth of memory. It seems quite high, is this normal for the process? I've tried looking around but havent seen anything.4a05b021a8abe2629e1cf3be0be9b0dd.png

My specs:

Asrock AB350

EVGA 1080ti

AMD Ryzen 5 1600

H115i Pro

Corsair Vengeance RGB pro 16gb

ICUE 3.14

Windows 10 (64bit)

Edited by dustzzzz

Mine is also more like 20MB, although I loaded up Steam to compare and the Client Webhelper process is also only using about 20MB compared to your 370MB. You might as well upgrade to 3.14.100 before taking on more difficult troubleshooting procedures. While it may not matter for this problem, you could try a new install. Download the 3.14.100 .msi file from the Corsair downloads section on the main website. Uninstall your current version (keep the settings!), restart the PC, install 3.14. I think you are probably looking for another cause, but we'll see.

Mine is also more like 20MB, although I loaded up Steam to compare and the Client Webhelper process is also only using about 20MB compared to your 370MB. You might as well upgrade to 3.14.100 before taking on more difficult troubleshooting procedures. While it may not matter for this problem, you could try a new install. Download the 3.14.100 .msi file from the Corsair downloads section on the main website. Uninstall your current version (keep the settings!), restart the PC, install 3.14. I think you are probably looking for another cause, but we'll see.

Uninstalled and installed the newest version. Corsair.service is still using about half a GB of memory.

• Corsair Employee

Only using 24mb on mine....

You have a lot of processes here taking up more than the average memory.... May I ask, how many different products do you have connected to iCUE?

Also, I would suggest running a virus scan using Malwarebytes or something. You might have something inflating your RAM usage.

Only using 24mb on mine....

You have a lot of processes here taking up more than the average memory.... May I ask, how many different products do you have connected to iCUE?

Also, I would suggest running a virus scan using Malwarebytes or something. You might have something inflating your RAM usage.

I have the lightning node connected with two fans, RGB Pro ram and H115i pro. I also just ran malwarebytes and eset yesterday all came up clean.

I have the lightning node connected with two fans, RGB Pro ram and H115i pro. I also just ran malwarebytes and eset yesterday all came up clean.

*%$& We should have asked. Can you go into the app settings at the top, click on the RAM, and see if you are using "full software control"? If it is checked, untick it and see how that changes things.

I have the same Corsair items with the addition of a 3rd fan, all LL, and a K70 MK2 keyboard. Below are task manager values for CPU and MEM usage with Software Control turned ON and OFF:

Service, Software Control(SC) OFF CPU%, SC OFF MEM USE, SC ON CPU%, SC ON MEM USE

iCUE, 0.1-0.2 CPU, 409 MB, 0.1-0.2 CPU, 409 MB

Corsair.Service, 0.3-1.0 CPU, 21 MB, 0.6-1.3 CPU, 21 MB

Corsair.Service.CpuIDRemote, 0.1-0.2 CPU, 12 MB, 0.8-1.5 CPU, 12 MB

The only difference I see when turning RAM Software Control ON is increased SPU usage for Corsair.Service and Corsair.Service.CpuIDRemote services.

Edit: My initial post mixed up memory usage between iCUE and Corsair.Service services.

Edited by RiverM

*%$& We should have asked. Can you go into the app settings at the top, click on the RAM, and see if you are using "full software control"? If it is checked, untick it and see how that changes things.

Yes i've read this in the forums somewhere. I have it unticked already.

10mb after relaunching iCUE. Then it will ramp up randomly.

Edit: It doesn't ramp up after ending corsair.service and relaunching iCue, but none of my devices show up and I cannot control the colors.

Edited by dustzzzz

There is an option to restart the corsair.service in the Settings. Select Restart Corsair Service.

Does nothing to change it.

iT has gotten even worse. Is there a way for me to save the color profiles for the lightning node pro without actually having to run iCUE? Like my ram and cpu cooler saves the color without running icue. be14df7460228fd78e0a4ea5c226878b.png

If you click the lighting channel 1 or 2 in iCUE, it should reveal a 'hardware lighting' option in the left menu. This is what you see at boot as well. There are some limitations, but you can set the colors there and they will run without iCUE. The RAM is already saving to the device each time. The H115i Pro will do it's thing as long as you are using coolant temp as the control variable for your curves.

However, This may be ducking the issue. Just from I can see in your task manager snippets, your other programs are using considerably more memory than the same on my PC. My Steam Client WebHelper and Discord are using drastically less memory and those are the only ones I can see. These amounts of memory usage are fairly pitiful in comparison to the whole, so trying to reconfigure to run without it to save a few Chrome tabs worth of memory seems a bit drastic, but that is your call.

If you click the lighting channel 1 or 2 in iCUE, it should reveal a 'hardware lighting' option in the left menu. This is what you see at boot as well. There are some limitations, but you can set the colors there and they will run without iCUE. The RAM is already saving to the device each time. The H115i Pro will do it's thing as long as you are using coolant temp as the control variable for your curves.

However, This may be ducking the issue. Just from I can see in your task manager snippets, your other programs are using considerably more memory than the same on my PC. My Steam Client WebHelper and Discord are using drastically less memory and those are the only ones I can see. These amounts of memory usage are fairly pitiful in comparison to the whole, so trying to reconfigure to run without it to save a few Chrome tabs worth of memory seems a bit drastic, but that is your call.

So I have set the boot lighting so everything is the color I want even with iCUE closed. Even with icue closed I still have corsair.service and I cannot end the service. I normally have a bunch of steam windows open so it explains the high steam usage but heres a picture with google chrome and steam open. 365a3909e24078ba82f90cceeb6de5c4.png

That may explain the discrepancy with Steam. I only ever have the main window open. Chrome is way too variable to know what's going on and obviously the web page has a dramatic effect on how many resources are in use. You can't right click and "end task" for the Corsair Service? If you go to the start-up tab and disable iCUE from the launching at boot, the service should also not load.

That may explain the discrepancy with Steam. I only ever have the main window open. Chrome is way too variable to know what's going on and obviously the web page has a dramatic effect on how many resources are in use. You can't right click and "end task" for the Corsair Service? If you go to the start-up tab and disable iCUE from the launching at boot, the service should also not load.

Yeah I'm unable to end the task if its running. Currently the fix is to not run iCUE at all on start up, I have the color profiles loaded to the hardware. Rip software.

If the "iCUE application" is still running when you try to quit the services, they will instantly relaunch. If you quit the iCUE app first and this still happens, something is wrong. The last time you did the re-install, did you delete all the settings? Obviously that should not be necessary, but rogue behavior seems like some type of corruption somewhere. Go to C:User/(name)/App Data (hidden folder)/Roaming and copy the Corsair/CUE folder to a safe place. Those are all your profiles, settings, icons, and links. Uninstall iCUE through the Windows uninstaller. Check the box the delete all settings. I guess if you have Revo, IOBit, or any of the other professional uninstaller, give it a run. I am curious if it will find anything left over. Reinstall 3.14 without the setting folder and see if behavior has changed. If it works, quit iCUE and drop the Corsair/CUE folder back into the Roaming folder. Next time you launch iCUE the settings will have returned.