Corsair Community

ST100 RGB Problems

Dylan Gunner

I recently received a ST100 RGB as a gift to go along with my Strafe RGB, Scimitar RGB, and Void Wireless headset and so far I loved all my cosair products but this ST100 is a nightmare that won't respond to any commands in CUE (reinstalled CUE 4 times) it stays on its default rainbow mode even though all other devices follow the lighting link. If I download the ST100s firmware it will work and follow lighting link for a few minutes at best before reverting back to default and not changing anymore. Also when I plug my Void Wireless dongle in the St100 port it makes sounds and my mic to other people garbled and choppy. I was wondering if anyone else has this problem and if they know how to solve it since corsairs support link on the ST100 page doesn't work and neither does the support ticket for its part number. I love corsair and hopefully a software update or rma will fix this problem.

I recently received a ST100 RGB as a gift to go along with my Strafe RGB, Scimitar RGB, and Void Wireless headset and so far I loved all my Corsair products but this ST100 is a nightmare that won't respond to any commands in CUE (reinstalled CUE 4 times) it stays on its default rainbow mode even though all other devices follow the lighting link. If I download the ST100s firmware it will work and follow lighting link for a few minutes at best before reverting back to default and not changing anymore. Also when I plug my Void Wireless dongle in the St100 port it makes sounds and my mic to other people garbled and choppy. I was wondering if anyone else has this problem and if they know how to solve it since corsairs support link on the ST100 page doesn't work and neither does the support ticket for its part number. I love corsair and hopefully a software update or rma will fix this problem.

This product is problematic, and unfortunately...Corsair support just goes immediately to replacement rather than passing on our information to the experts. We'll just have to do the best we can here.

First off, and as a tech professional, there isn't anything wrong with your ST100 hardware-wise if it's connecting via USB and lighting up. I began noticing problems with mine immediately as well, and these problems could be fixed with the proper drivers and firmware if they ever cared to update it.

I had similar problems as you. However, I downloaded the corsair utility engine, updated it, and was able to find some tweaks. I couldn't get the color RED to stay on single...but I could get it to pulse red (good enough, I guess). And the RGB rainbow seems to be the default setting UNTIL after you log completely in with Windows 10. (Honestly guys, we can do better than this.) I moved my VOID dongle back over to the PC rather than on the ST100, and the headset works totally fine.

However, the biggest problem for me came with gaming. If I start a gaming session (say on Destiny or Overwatch), after about 15 minutes the ST100 just cuts out and starts reconnecting/disconnecting every 15 secs. Seems to be power draw related, as these games are graphically intensive. But I can't be sure. I've tried multiple USB ports, multiple USB 3.0 to micro cables, and multiple computers. All produce the same result.

Add to it the fact, like you said, there isn't even a section in the support categories for this product...means that its either so new that they haven't gotten to adding it yet, or that it doesn't sell well enough to merit its own section, or worse...that they just DGAF.

Either way, I'm pretty close to being permanently disappointed in Corsair products because of this. Which is a shame, bc I've been pretty exclusive on my Corsair peripherals for a number of years now. If any rep from Corsair reads this, the ST100 is currently a very disappointing product, and we need you guys to properly support it.

Edited by jjs026

Not that i am aware of. Most CUE related issues e.g. Device not detected, device disconnecting, effects not running are usually resolved when the device is plugged into a AMD/Intel controlled port rather than a third party one.

If that is not available, you can try and update the drivers for the third party chipset and see whether that helps.

Yep, you were definitely right about checking the zones. That's so weird that they all default to Off when choosing static color. But highlighting all of the zones in the picture turned them all on. So that fixed that problem,well done and thank you!

I'm still having trouble with power issues though. It seems to be failing with code 1167 in the logs. It'll shut down and then continuously try to start up again but never make a good connection.

I talked with support but wasn't able to fix the issue. I have the most updated BIOS and chipset drivers for my mobo, windows claims USB controller drivers are the best. I've enabled USB legacy support, disabled XHCI handoff, disabled USB selective suspend. Still having the issue though. Just completely cuts out and error codes 1167.

Since you nailed the other one, thought I'd ask if you had any other ideas?

Alright, it took while working with Corsair support, but I wanted to come back here and post some results here in case anyone else had problems with the ST100.

Code 1167 is a USB related error code.

The ST100, for whatever reason, seems to work best with only partial USB initialization, for me that meant going into the BIOS and enabling Fast Boot.

However, I can't solely place a fix on that alone, because I also tweaked other settings at the behest of Corsair support. They are as follows:

-Enable USB legacy support within the BIOS

-Disable XHCI handoff within the BIOS

-Disable USB Selective Suspend, located within the Advanced Power Options of the Windows Control Panel

Hope this helps anyone having issues with this. Best of luck!

• 6 months later...
Alright, it took while working with Corsair support, but I wanted to come back here and post some results here in case anyone else had problems with the ST100.

Code 1167 is a USB related error code.

The ST100, for whatever reason, seems to work best with only partial USB initialization, for me that meant going into the BIOS and enabling Fast Boot.

However, I can't solely place a fix on that alone, because I also tweaked other settings at the behest of Corsair support. They are as follows:

-Enable USB legacy support within the BIOS

-Disable XHCI handoff within the BIOS

-Disable USB Selective Suspend, located within the Advanced Power Options of the Windows Control Panel

Hope this helps anyone having issues with this. Best of luck!

So did this also fix the wireless headset USB dongle in the ST100 Base or does that still not work?

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 10 months later...