Corsair Community

34C coolant temp

TheTiesThatBind

Is it normal for the coolant temp to reach as high as 34 degrees while playing League of Legends (31-32oC idle) ?

Room temp: 26.5-27.5C

Kind regards

Configuration: Front mounted H115i PRO @ Push/Pull.

Exhaust fans: 2 top, 1 rear @ 1000 RPM approx.

Internal case temp: 35.74C

Is it normal for the coolant temp to reach as high as 34 degrees while playing League of Legends (31-32oC idle) ?

Room temp: 26.5-27.5C

Kind regards

Configuration: Front mounted H115i PRO @ Push/Pull.

Exhaust fans: 2 top, 1 rear @ 1000 RPM approx.

Internal case temp: 35.74C

Given your warm ambient temperature, 34C under load sounds about spot on to me. If anything, it is your case temperature that maybe a little high (not sure what you are measuring though?). Can you fit any more fans in your case, possibly as intake(s) at the base or lower front or possibly internal above the PSU?

My setup is very similar to yours, same mobo, CPU, rad layout, etc., and my coolant temperature, at idle, is typically 4C above ambient as measured at lower case front intake. Running AIDA64 stability test, coolant rises to 11C above ambient with CPU maxing out at 82C @5.1GHz. My pump profile is balanced. I also have a lot of low RPM ML case fans keeping the internal components cool via profiles, PCH, VRM, GPU, NVMe, etc.

Edited by Yemble

No, that looks about right. 31-32C idle coolant, +3-4C rise on a light game. Your case temps are not out of line for Summer conditions. The front mount is saving your 3-4C as well. If it was top mounted, the minimum coolant temp would be the same as the rest of the case.

• 2 weeks later...

it's very warm where I live right now (30c ambiant, i'm dying) and my coolant is around 34c to 35 just when browsing / working.

My cpu is between 40 with peaks at 47c ..

My fans are on a high profile (around 1500rpm, with the fan cooling the room I don't hear those)

But during gaming haven't seen the cpu going higher to 60c (8086k @ 4.8ghz, vcore 1.23)

Is all this fine?

Edited by Asryan

it's very warm where I live right now (30c ambiant, i'm dying) and my coolant is around 34c to 35 just when browsing / working.

My cpu is between 40 with peaks at 47c ..

My fans are on a high profile (around 1500rpm, with the fan cooling the room I don't hear those)

But during gaming haven't seen the cpu going higher to 60c (8086k @ 4.8ghz, vcore 1.23)

Yes. +4-6C above your room temperature is about as low as you can be after the PC has been running for a while. The internal ambient case temperature will be the minimum coolant temperature. The coolant temperature is also the minimum CPU temperature with no load. So the 34-35C browsing is absolutely normal and as low as you can be under those conditions. You probably see an idle CPU temp around 40C. Your load coolant temps are likely to be +6-10C over that, with the higher values only possible when heating up the case further with a lot of GPU activity.

*Be aware - if you are on the default fan curves (Quiet/Balanced/Extreme), you will get an involuntary maximum fan blast at 40C coolant. This is not a fail/danger point. Every curve has to have a room or base temperature is was designed for. The presets were designed for a 20-23C room. Anyone in a warm climate is not going to want to use those. You will want to make your own curve. You can't make the PC go below the room temp, so use 28-30C as your baseline temperature and slowly ramp up the fans to a level that is tolerable around 42C or so or whatever you highest recorded value.

On the other hand, if it is really hot and you have a bunch of house fans blasting on you, the PC won't be so noticeable and you may not be overly concerned.

That is another good way to handle things during warm times and I have been doing this as well lately. Just set them to a fixed speed below the annoying mark and leave it while playing/load conditions. Most possible airflow from the start.

41C is still a safe coolant temperature. If you had started at 20C, a +21C increase would be a massive amount. However, when you are starting from 32C, it isn't. Room/case temperature is always the minimum and any increase there will be additive to all your temperatures. Room temp goes up +5C? Coolant temp goes up +5C. With the record heat in Europe right now a lot of people are going to be hitting temperatures in their system they have never seen. Your end CPU temps are still well below the worrying point, but I would keep the fans on a leash so they don't go out of control. You do not need 2400 rpm fan speed.

Faster is only louder, so it is going depend on both you and the case enclosure. Each one is a little different. Are you on a H115i as well? For 140mm fans, I start getting annoyed around 1100 rpm. Specifically for 140s, you can probably still get 1-2C more coolant reduction up to around 1300 rpm. After that, it usually flattens out quite a lot and its hard to get more on standard thickness radiators. On 120mm fans, 1500 rpm is about the most I can stand. You'll have to experiment a bit to see how much difference you see, although since we are talking about 1-3C at most, I would go on noise.

Anyways I noticed that the coolant temp rises with ambiant temp but the CPU Max temps does not changes.

Got 38c on coolant during gaming but the cpu temp was at max 62 to 65c which is not a lot more than during winter actually