Corsair Community

Getting the 570x RGB Case fans to light up

bcbird

Hey, made an attempt at getting creative with some of the fans, and having to backtrack now.

The problem is: I can't get the rgb's to properly light up again on the front 3 fans (they are spinning fine). What's strange is it seems that they will randomly seem to light up based off randomly reorganizing them on the RGB Hub. I cannot seem to identify a pattern. At one point the bottom one was lit, now the middle one is lit (by itself). Also, I've added two additional SP fans, and at one point they were lit up just fine - but I've moved them around and now they won't light up. I also tried a different hub since they fans came with one.

At one point I had installed corsair link and put in a commander pro - I've since removed the commander pro.

Is there a possibility of a software related issue interfering?

Do you have this with the push-button controller that comes with the case?

Yes, it is plugged in through that - and the ones that are lit are functioning properly / the buttons on the controller and on the top of the case are working

Next, try rearranging the fan on the RGB Fan Hub.

The fans run in series - one fan passes the control signal to the next. So one bad fan can take out the next ones on the fan hub.

That does seem like a good direction to test, but I don't think it fully lines up. At one point the bottom middle was the only one working. Now the front middle is the only one of the the front three that's properly lit. Also, I already tried significant reordering. One additional info, if I try to plug them in while running - I see a red ring pop-up (initially I did this without the system running - but now I'm getting more desperate).

I'm adding a photo to try to show the current look. Please excuse cabling. The rear fan is non-rgb, and thus not attached to the controller.

Thank you for your help, I'll be gone for most of this week for a conference. Returning thursday evening.

IMG_1608.thumb.jpg.9726b9dee7ca800f56269e86d523bdf1.jpg

Edited by bcbird

What we'd need to do is not talk about the fan's physical location but which port it is plugged into on the fan hub. That's more relevant.

Of course, if you rearranged them, then how do you know that they bottom middle isn't plugged in where the front middle was? I know that it gets really difficult to keep track of them with the wires going every which way - I recommend marking the ends so that you can. I, personally, like to use colored electrical tape but masking tape with numbers written on them also works.

What we'd need to do is not talk about the fan's physical location but which port it is plugged into on the fan hub. That's more relevant.

Of course, if you rearranged them, then how do you know that they bottom middle isn't plugged in where the front middle was? I know that it gets really difficult to keep track of them with the wires going every which way - I recommend marking the ends so that you can. I, personally, like to use colored electrical tape but masking tape with numbers written on them also works.

Interestingly, I turned on my desktop once i returned home and the bottom front fan is now on - but only displaying green. This is what it did last time it was turned on - and is not controllable via the physical buttons. I'll confirm with your recommendation to see what's plugged in where - but its weird that 3 of the fans are currently able to be controlled by the physical buttons - but one is on and is not.