Corsair Community

MP510 stickers

Hello!

Simple question - am I allowed to remove the stickers from my brand-new Corsair Force MP510 without losing warranty?

Since none of the two stickers have "warranty void if removed" warning, I guess it's allowed?

Hello!

Simple question - am I allowed to remove the stickers from my brand-new Corsair Force MP510 without losing warranty?

Since none of the two stickers have "warranty void if removed" warning, I guess it's allowed?

Personally, I wouldn't, because (AFAIK) those MP510 stickers may be thin copper heat spreaders (I'm not certain). Does you mobo have integrated heat sinks on the NVMe slots? If not, then stick-on heat sinks are readily available for these drives and they work pretty effectively as long as you have good airflow in your case. However, I very much doubt that the cooling would be any different with the stickers removed.

The integrated heatsinks on my Aorus Master mobo keep my two MP510 drives at 28C and 33C respectively at idle, with an ambient temp of 21C. The warmer one does not get as much airflow due to its unfortunate position under the GPU (poor slot placement by Gigabyte IMHO). Note that these drives are rated up to 70C... I've never come close to that! Under AIDA64 stress testing, the temps top out at 34C and 44C respectively.

Edited by Yemble