Corsair Community

570X case and H115i Pro

Wakers

So it looks like i won't be able to mount the radiator on top because I'm getting a z370 Taichi with a VRM heatsink.

If I mount the radiator at the front, do I have to remove the 3 case fans that are there to start with?

you should still be able to get the top fans in dude... i have the h150i in the front of mine push/pull and got the fans up top no issues... top of both coolers will be in the same place if that makes sense

Cool, thanks for the image. You didn't need to do that.

I'll mess around with my case and fans and cooler when it arrives tomorrow. Building the whole thing gradually over the week anyway, I can take my time with it.

Cool, thanks for the image. You didn't need to do that.
.. no worries dude.... happy to help ;)

I'll mess around with my case and fans and cooler when it arrives tomorrow. Building the whole thing gradually over the week anyway, I can take my time with it.

cool... maybe take some pictures of the cooler installation for helping others with same question in the future?

One last question - seems weird to me that it doesn't come with a rear exhaust fan - did you bother putting one in?

yeah.. 570x responds well to that as the only exhaust fan and the other 5 as intake,,, the filters minimise the dust n fluff and the gaps around the glasses edges allows excess pressure to escape...

• 1 year later...
Shame I can't get a higher res version of that image.

Still, that looks fine to me, I think if I can't have any top mounted fans because of the tubes I'll need the push/pull on the front for airflow.

Could someone care to explain to me what the "push/pull air flow" means? Probably going to have to mount the AIO to the back of the 3 stock fans on the 460X and want to make sure I position them correctly.

No, your set-up is correct and the picture is a matter of perspective. My initial thought is to certainly use the top as exhaust to get the H150i heat out of the case. However, there are quite a few 460/570 owners who will use the top as intake for dust control purposes. The only way to know it to flip the top ones over and see for yourself. I suspect it is quite fine either way for most people.

as said.. a lot of us run the 570x with top and front as intake.. just a single rear fan as exhaust.. me personally i have ran the tops as both intake and exhaust. imho my gpu/Ram/M.2 ran warmer when i had the tops as exhaust, i think it was because the top fans was dragging any heat from the front mounted rad across and above those items.. now the tops are intake i find all 3 of the above items to run cooler.. and as an added bonus much less dust too. i think the top fans mixing their cool intake with the warmer air from the rad mounted in the front is a good thing in this case.

another point.. why make the top filtered if they wanted you to run that case as exhaust up top? i mean.. no filter on the rear fan ;)

as said.. a lot of us run the 570x with top and front as intake.. just a single rear fan as exhaust.. me personally i have ran the tops as both intake and exhaust. imho my gpu/Ram/M.2 ran warmer when i had the tops as exhaust, i think it was because the top fans was dragging any heat from the front mounted rad across and above those items.. now the tops are intake i find all 3 of the above items to run cooler.. and as an added bonus much less dust too. i think the top fans mixing their cool intake with the warmer air from the rad mounted in the front is a good thing in this case.

another point.. why make the top filtered if they wanted you to run that case as exhaust up top? i mean.. no filter on the rear fan ;)

The concept of running cooler with the 2 top fans as intake makes sense but the Dust control? Isn't it more convenient to push the air out for better dust management?

How is pushing Air in the case from 2 directions giving you a better dust control? That doesn't make sense to me.

The only reason i put the top fans as exhaust in the first place was for dust to go out of the case, not push in from both front and top.

I know there is a dust filter that helps with dust management but exhausting it instead of pushing it in sounds more logical having less dust that way doesn't it?

Am i missing something?

Am i missing something?

yeah.. the fans pull the dust in in the first place..

if you have more exhaust than intake then you are running negative pressure meaning the case will be sucking air in through all unfiltered gaps.

Given your front 3 fans are restricted by the Radiator and the other 3 fans have no restrictions. negative pressure. even worse if running 140mm's up top as exhaust

as the 570x is not a sealed case and has plenty gaps around the glass's edges etc, it likes it suck air in.

remember this is all what works for me and a few others... every build is different and you should do what works for you...

Burn an incense stick and move it around your case while running GPU and CPU stress tests. Front and top intake fans will likely show smoke only entering the case through front and top fans and filters and smoke being blown away from the case at all open, unfiltered edges of the case. Front intake and top exhaust may show varying smoke entry or egress around the edges depending on CPU and GPU load, depending on if your AIO is top or front mounted since case fans will likely ramp up in speed and thus airflow CFM much higher than AIO fans controlled by water temperature. A top mount radiator, whether intake or exhaust, and front intake and rear exhaust case fans will likely be easier to get positive case pressure, which does not necessarily mean better thermals.

This may sound like a stupid question but in mounting the the h115i pro against the front 120 intake fans. Does doing this cause any issue with the 120mm fans? like cause a "whirring" sound. only reason i ask is i plan to change my h80v2 out for a h115i in a ryzen 3k build once its released in the summer and use it in the 570x i recently moved my system to or is this a perfectly safe way of doing this and im overthinking and over complicating it :laughing:

Thanks Zotty i figured as much i just didnt want to potentially run into the issue.

On a side note: thanks for your 570x wiring diagrams they've been a huge help when doing mine with the commander pro