Corsair Community

1:XD5 pump rpm random drops on Commander Pro, 2: Two XD5 Pumps on one Commander Pro?

kcdc

Hello, loving my corsair hydro-x/RGB build. I am, however, seeing pump RPM drops randomly on the commander pro, from 4.7k down to the 3k area. The drop is dramatic enough that I can hear the pump struggle during the rpm drop making a whining sound. I've decided to use my X299 TUF Mark1's Pump header for now at 100% constant, and the pump works just fine with zero drops, so it must be something with the current firmware. I use % instead of a curve, but the fluctuation happens on both. Temp is on #1. All fan headers are being used with one attached to a powered 4-pin Silverstone fan controller, which has had zero issues before installing the hydro-x hardware. The others control singular noctua A14 PWMs.

My other question, if this issue gets resolved, is if you can add two XD5 pumps to one Commander Pro? Thank you!

There is no reason you can't add another XD5 or other separately powered pump. It is just a tachometer and PWM wire on that connector. You only need to be on #6 if you want to use the Corsair Hydro X presets. That does not seem to be a concern for you.

Not sure on the speed drops. Since it doesn't seem to happen on motherboard, it does not seem to be motor related. I am a little surprised it happens on the C-Pro when using fixed %. When I usually do this to myself, it's because I switched to a profile without the proper pump curve in place. You can resolve that by using the "copy to all profiles" feature in the drop down menu, Performance Tab. Aside from that, is there any accompanying drop in fan speed on the other devices connected to the C-Pro?

<snip>

You can resolve that by using the "copy to all profiles" feature in the drop down menu, Performance Tab. Aside from that, is there any accompanying drop in fan speed on the other devices connected to the C-Pro?

Haven't heard of that feature c-attack, how do you access that because I can't see it?

I can't link a picture from my phone but...

Commander Pro tab -> Performance -> Go to the Fan speed left of the C-Pro picture.

The three horizontal lines on the right edge will yield a drop down menu. The first two are about pinning it to the dashboard. The third and fourth ones down should be "copy to all profiles" and the "copy to all folders". This takes your currently applied curves and makes it the active curve on all of your profiles. Invaluable for people like me who change fans on a monthly basis.

Commander Pro tab -> Performance -> Go to the Fan speed left of the C-Pro picture.

The three horizontal lines on the right edge will yield a drop down menu. The first two are about pinning it to the dashboard. The third and fourth ones down should be "copy to all profiles" and the "copy to all folders". This takes your currently applied curves and makes it the active curve on all of your profiles. Invaluable for people like me who change fans on a monthly basis.

Thanks for that c-attack... wasn't aware of that feature. If I changed profiles in the past I went through and fixed my fan curves in the new profile. This option will save some time in the future!

There is no reason you can't add another XD5 or other separately powered pump. It is just a tachometer and PWM wire on that connector. You only need to be on #6 if you want to use the Corsair Hydro X presets. That does not seem to be a concern for you.

Not sure on the speed drops. Since it doesn't seem to happen on motherboard, it does not seem to be motor related. I am a little surprised it happens on the C-Pro when using fixed %. When I usually do this to myself, it's because I switched to a profile without the proper pump curve in place. You can resolve that by using the "copy to all profiles" feature in the drop down menu, Performance Tab. Aside from that, is there any accompanying drop in fan speed on the other devices connected to the C-Pro?

I've tried multiple profiles using the same pump settings on each, but maybe I'll try a new one instead of a copied modified one, doesn't seem to be a common problem around here that I'm having. If that fixes the issue I'll post the results. Thank you.

Wow. How have I never noticed that? Thanks man!

• 2 weeks later...
When the pump was on the Commander Pro, the did the other Commander Pro controlled fans drop with the pump? Or just the pump?

It was just the pump fluctuating, everything else was functioning normally. I decided to just keep the pump controlled by my mobo. Appreciate the input!

• 2 weeks later...
By any chance, have you tried to plug a fan to port #6 and experienced the same fluctuation?

I'm using all ports for fans now and from what I've monitored they all work normally.

I actually have a new problem now, my corsair Link from PSU will decide to stop functioning, forcing my Ax1500i fan to not operate as if it's defaulted to silent mode. The fan never turns on, I've visibly checked as I render something. It's using the comm port, not the usb port. All monitoring will freeze as well. In order to fix it, I have to shut the PC down, switch off the power on the PSU quickly then back on. Then the Link and PSU monitoring/fan work normally. If I leave the switch off all day on the PSU, this doesn't fix it, this leads me to think it's an issue with the Link dongle, but I can't seem to find a way to purchase a replacement.

Something else that's strange, with the dongle completely removed, Commander Pro will still think it is installed, with all monitoring frozen. Strange stuff! I keep the dongle installed because if I dont, the PSU will not let the fan turn on. I tax this machine a lot with my build, so not having the PSU fan turning on is a big problem.

EDIT: This is what's running off my Commander Pro

USB Ports: Lighting Node Pro (working fine), Link Dongle (working weird, I've switched ports already)

Fans

1: Silverstone Powered PWM Fan Hub for 8 fans

2-6: PWM Fans

LED port 1: 2 corsair strips

LED Prot 2: 6 corsair strips

all temp probes are being used with what came with the Commander Pro, one is from the Hydro-x xd5

Edited by kcdc