Corsair Community

Every time iCUE updates my fan sensors reset

SaHaRzZz

What is your sensor source for the fan curve?

And can you define what temperature qualifies as "overheat"?

My graphics card built in sensors, and it normally stays under 76c under heavy load, it got up to 98c because of it.

I didn't connect any sensors to the commander pro.

And what does it reset the sensor source to? The CPU?

I would suggest - strongly - that you actually use the temp sensors that come with the Commander Pro rather than the GPU temperature. You can place them somewhere near the GPU if you want to monitor the air surrounding the GPU. This is the usual recommendation anyway and there are good reasons for it - though your issue isn't one of them.

But consider this - no matter what, the case fans do not directly cool the GPU. They are there to cool the case internal temperature. That's what you should control them on. Once you do and you manage the interior case temperature, your GPU temps should fall into line. Your VRMs will thank you for it too.

And what does it reset the sensor source to? The CPU?

I would suggest - strongly - that you actually use the temp sensors that come with the Commander Pro rather than the GPU temperature. You can place them somewhere near the GPU if you want to monitor the air surrounding the GPU. This is the usual recommendation anyway and there are good reasons for it - though your issue isn't one of them.

But consider this - no matter what, the case fans do not directly cool the GPU. They are there to cool the case internal temperature. That's what you should control them on. Once you do and you manage the interior case temperature, your GPU temps should fall into line. Your VRMs will thank you for it too.

Both my GPU and CPU are being cooled by an AIO, one for each, the pump is on a fixed speed so that's that, but there are fans on the radiator and one fan directly on the VRMs (GPU's not MB), and yes they reset to the CPU every update.

And I wanted to use the temp sensors, but there isn't any guide or anything on the internet, and I don't want to accidentally damage anything.