Have issues? Unofficial FAQ and Quick Fix Guide

Inheritance

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey, I have the same problem with macro execution not being available (scimitar) as someone else already mentioned, but cant manage to fix it, I have done all the things you mentioned in your guide. This thing happened after I used CHKDSK earlier today, any idea how to fix this?

That all i got, try contacting Corsair Support. I won't have anything more solid till CES is over and everything is back up and running at Corsair.

Hello

Just a question any idea how i could make my k95 rgb to switch off the lighting if the Caps Lock is pressed? is it even possible to do that ?

Thanks

you can rebind the capslock so it changes to a blank profile but you will loose the function of the caps lock.

• 3 weeks later...
Inheritance: Define CAPS LOCK to switch to a profile where the lighting is all off' date=' and define each key to act as though CAPS is pressed. In this second profile, define CAPS LOCK to switch back to your default profile. This way you do not lose the function of the CAPS LOCK key.[/quote']

Ummmm, not sure how one would define a key as a caps A. but yea if you could that could be a work around.

So I just connected my K95 and Scimitar Pro through the Lapdog and using the newest version of CUE, but every time I start CUE it says the profiles didn't save and have to be reloaded. And everytime I hit update the app says there was an error when trying to update. Also, while the app is running, the keyboard will not switch over to M2 or M3. Is there any way to fix that? I found all the previous versions of CUE 2 and downloaded them just in case one is the most functional version. I bought the keyboard and mouse so I can use them with the Lapdog lapdesk and wanted the peripherals to brand match.

hello, my corsair rgb 95 is malfunction. today i use last cue 2.9.53 i can't update firmware 2.05 cause stack on 3%

my spec is

windows 7 sp1

motherboard asus PQ5 DELUXE

intel quadcore Q6600

memory is corsair twin dominator 4gb

my vga SAPPHIRE Radeon RX 460 NITRO 4GB

casing dazoomba

power suply corsair TX 750

i love corsair

please help me

hello, my corsair rgb 95 is malfunction. today i use last cue 2.9.53 i can't update firmware 2.05 cause stack on 3%

my spec is

windows 7 sp1

intel quadcore Q6600

casing dazoomba

i love corsair

please help me

all led is on when i close cue

attachment.php?attachmentid=27692&stc=1&d=1486558860

IMG_20170208_194915.thumb.jpg.60a80e1d28e67df2ec7404e484073df1.jpg

So I just connected my K95 and Scimitar Pro through the Lapdog and using the newest version of CUE, but every time I start CUE it says the profiles didn't save and have to be reloaded. And everytime I hit update the app says there was an error when trying to update. Also, while the app is running, the keyboard will not switch over to M2 or M3. Is there any way to fix that? I found all the previous versions of CUE 2 and downloaded them just in case one is the most functional version. I bought the keyboard and mouse so I can use them with the Lapdog lapdesk and wanted the peripherals to brand match.

Try clearing out this folder. C:\Users\(Your User)\AppData\Roaming\Corsair\CUE

Note it will delete all of your profiles and settings.

The update function doesn't work yet. As for the M keys, I believe that's the way they're meant to function now because the mode/profile system was changed in CUE 2. If you want to use those keys you would have to use a Cue 1 build.

my spec is

windows 7 sp1

intel quadcore Q6600

casing dazoomba

i love corsair

please help me

Unable to Update Firmware

If your firmware update is stuck at 3% or doesn't work at all the the following

1. Use a different USB port or configuration. Remember if you are using USB 2.0 plug the one with the arrows in first followed by the one with the keyboard.

2. Try running CUE in compatibility mode

2. Make sure that if you use USB 3, use Intel port and not 3rd party vendor like ASmedia.

3. Go to your Corsair installation folder in program files; right click on the Corsair folder and select Properties

4. Then select the Security tab

5. Click on Edit button

6. Make sure that Users and also Trusted Installer has full control

7. Restart CUE and update firmware.

Unable to Update Firmware

If your firmware update is stuck at 3% or doesn't work at all the the following

1. Use a different USB port or configuration. Remember if you are using USB 2.0 plug the one with the arrows in first followed by the one with the keyboard.

2. Try running CUE in compatibility mode

2. Make sure that if you use USB 3, use Intel port and not 3rd party vendor like ASmedia.

3. Go to your Corsair installation folder in program files; right click on the Corsair folder and select Properties

4. Then select the Security tab

5. Click on Edit button

6. Make sure that Users and also Trusted Installer has full control

7. Restart CUE and update firmware.

still not work for me. when open cue device not detected

hum, you would be best off contacting Corsair Support. They would be better equipped to help you. I mostly deal with common issues, so this is a little out of my field.

i try reinstall cue, rgb led is work but only for 5-10 second, always. still can't update firmware . when i open cue, keyboard will not detected

• 3 weeks later...

I can't get the CUE to work with the 800 mousepad and when I uninstalled and reinstalled my k95 Platinum has only a handful of lighting options and none of them work. The only way I can get it to work is to exit out of cue and I at least have my 3 saved ones. The mousepad just has the random glow going.

Is there a way to manually remove the drivers so I can try a fresh install?

Edited by texmaster

I can't get the CUE to work with the 800 mousepad and when I uninstalled and reinstalled my k95 Platinum has only a handful of lighting options and none of them work. The only way I can get it to work is to exit out of cue and I at least have my 3 saved ones. The mousepad just has the random glow going.

Is there a way to manually remove the drivers so I can try a fresh install?

yes, delete the files in your installation folder, Delete the C:\Users\zhere\AppData\Roaming\Corsair\CUE folder

scan the registry for any entries with the word Corsair. Delete them all.

Restart, Reinstall CUE.

You would define A to be a SHIFT+A; the caps-lock acts as if the shift key were held down.

See the Tutorial: Switching Modes by Modifier Keys and Modifier Key Combos

Ah yes, but while that would output a capital A, It's not the same as directly outputting the letter A. Also rebinding 40+ keys oh god lol. If a game accepted multiple inputs it would register a Shift + A combo instead of A. But it's a good solution. however, I heard Corsair has a better one coming ;):

image.php?u=120134&dateline=1425168004

Inheritance

Cuddly Beta Nayn Cat

Ah yes, but while that would output a capital A, It's not the same as directly outputting the letter A. Also rebinding 40+ keys oh god lol. If a game accepted multiple inputs it would register a Shift + A combo instead of A. But it's a good solution. however, I heard Corsair has a better one coming ;):

Hello Inheritance,

The Universal Serial Bus HID [Human Interface Device] Usage Tables, Version 1.12, 28 October 2014 in Chapter 10, Keyboard/Keypad Page (0x07), lists ALL the standard keycodes defined for a keyboard, and you can see that there is no single keycode for a shifted A character,as both uppercase "A" and lowercase "a" both send "usage id 4" from the keyboard to the host computer. (The footnote in this table indicates that usage id 4 is typically remapped to other letters if you are using a different language.)

My post was describing exactly how to program a macro that could be bound that would send a SHIFT + A. This is not supposed to be the same as directly outputting the letter A. Depending on the application that is receiving the keyboard input, the computer might not "output a capital A"; it depends on what the application does when receiving an A while the shift key is held down, so if a game does something different for shifted A than unshifted A, the macro will work.

I am not privy to Corsair's plans, but any better solution than

SHIFT (keypress)
A (keystroke)
SHIFT (keyrelease) 

will be a UI or ease-of-use issue for the person wishing to program this functionality, and will not be "better" than the solution I gave, in terms of functionality, simply because to make a shifted A that will be recognized by a host computer, the keyboard must follow the standard.

P.S. I see your tagline, "Cuddly Beta Nayn Cat." When you are production quality, will this become "Cuddly Nyan Cat?"

Edited by Comet ☄

My post was describing exactly how to program a macro that could be bound that would send a SHIFT + A. This is not supposed to be the same as directly outputting the letter A. Depending on the application that is receiving the keyboard input, the computer might not "output a capital A"; it depends on what the application does when receiving an A while the shift key is held down, so if a game does something different for shifted A than unshifted A, the macro will work.

ddd

I am not privy to Corsair's plans, but any better solution than

SHIFT (keypress)
A (keystroke)
SHIFT (keyrelease) 

will be a UI or ease-of-use issue for the person wishing to program this functionality, and will not be "better" than the solution I gave, in terms of functionality, simply because to make a shifted A that will be recognized by a host computer, the keyboard must follow the standard.

P.S. I see your tagline, "Cuddly Beta Nayn Cat." When you are production quality, will this become "Cuddly Nyan Cat?"

I think they will be doing exactly what you said but in software and hidden so theres not a whole action chain to setup.

Sure if CUE ever stops being developed lol

have a problem with my k70 rgb lux with brown switches.

recently the keys that I use the most for gaming (WASD) seems to be sunk in. as I'm typing this, the white plastic part on my S key broke off and is now loose. I've only owned this since Christmas time and it's already showing signs of wear with random keys being higher or lower than the others. Is it like this or should I contact customer service about this?