Corsair Community

iCUE won't detect any of my devices.

Asylum

I have a Commander Pro with 3 HD120 fans installed, a H100i v2, and a hx1200i. None of these devices will show up in iCUE. I have went through the various threads and googled possible fixes but none of the fixes or suggestions i found seemed to work for me. I even completely reinstalled windows and tried installing iCUE before any other drivers or programs and it still refuses to detect any of my devices but, corsair link works just fine. lol

Which version of Corsair Link are you using? If iCue is installed, Link should surrender control of the devices; if it's not doing this, you have an older version of Link and it's causing conflicts.

Otherwise, can you export your logs and system info from iCue? (Under Settings ... there is a button at the bottom).

Thanks for the help.

The version of CL I'm using is "4.9.7.35" there doesn't seem to be a newer version available.

+here are the logs from iCUE

edit:i tried version 3.2.87 and it still is refusing to detect any of my devices.

log1.zip

Edited by Asylum

OK, that's the correct version of CL.

And to confirm ... CL sees your devices but iCue doesn't? Is CL surrendering control once you have iCue installed?

With your HD fans, are they controlled by a Lighting Node Pro or the push button controller?

I had this kind of problem but after I shut down EVGA led sync from booting on windows start then the problem was solved. If you have EVGA led sync on try to stop it from running on windows start and restart your pc. Hope this helps!

OK, that's the correct version of CL.

And to confirm ... CL sees your devices but iCue doesn't? Is CL surrendering control once you have iCue installed?

With your HD fans, are they controlled by a Lighting Node Pro or the push button controller?

correct, CL works just fine but iCUE doesn't. what's even stranger is yesterday i just installed a brand new x470 C7H motherboard and reinstalled windows and just installed iCUE and still it refuses to detect any of my devices. my HD fans do use the lighting node that came with them in the box which is then chained to my commander pro.

OK, take a look at USBDeView (http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html) and see what it shows.

Corsair devices have a Vendor ID of 1b1c. This will tell us if the system is detecting them on USB.

ok, here is what USBDeview is showing for my devices with that device ID.

As far as i can tell everything is showing up mostly.. the blank one at the top is probably my power supply.

usbview.thumb.png.1e9065b79f013aaa3a3abbb6db8e684c.png

Is there a service_error.log as well?

The trace seems to indicate that the service isn't detecting them either. Which is odd ... but could possibly be due to WMI database corruption/issues. I would hope that we'd see something in the error log from that.

Is there a service_error.log as well?

The trace seems to indicate that the service isn't detecting them either. Which is odd ... but could possibly be due to WMI database corruption/issues. I would hope that we'd see something in the error log from that.

There isn't any "service_error.log" files in that location there is only that "service_trace.log" file. There's a "debuglogging" file in the settings folder but that's about it for the ProgramData folder.

And can you verify that the Corsair Service is running? This is quite odd.

And Link picks everything up just fine? For the Link devices, both iCue and Link use very similar, if not identical, detection routines. So it's truly strange that one sees them and the other doesn't.

And can you verify that the Corsair Service is running? This is quite odd.

And Link picks everything up just fine? For the Link devices, both iCue and Link use very similar, if not identical, detection routines. So it's truly strange that one sees them and the other doesn't.

link works great for controlling and monitoring my devices. I attached a couple more screenshots verifying that the service is running. the other two are what i see when i use CL vs what i see when i use iCUE.

CLservice.png.0a089a0d0200840f1aadfaa2533f3bcf.png

link.thumb.png.649060512d4124eeb402feb0199ec94d.png

cue.thumb.png.ff0de9bc8ccde8586f4e55c9c214a3cb.png

Unfortunately, at this point, I'd have to suggest that you stick with Link and give the next iCue build a shot. :-(

We've got nothing from the logs that would help us understand what the error is - and it's truly bizarre that Link picks up the devices but iCue doesen't.

Hey just out of interest, are all of your non responsive devices connected through the commander pro? If so, is there anything connected to it that does work with iCue?

no, nothing works with iCUE at all unfortunately. I tried plugging my h100i v2 into the second internal usb header instead of the commander pro but that also didn't work. This is happening with both my Asus Crosshair 6 and 7 so I'm starting to think it might have something to do with how Amd's new chipsets handle usb or something like that. ill just use corsair link for now (hope it's still going to get updates) thanks for all the help!

here is what I'm seeing when I install icue over CL. Corsair link says that my devices are now controlled by iCUE but then iCUE says no devices are detected.. i exported a new log and so i attached that new log file to this post.. It seems to have some kind read out now that says:

2018-04-29T17:46:52 W cue.sensors.system_info: Values request failed: 5 "Request timeout"

icuelog.zip

nodevices.thumb.png.59059af969d50a0434a090a4b71a9242.png

here is what I'm seeing when I install icue over CL. Corsair link says that my devices are now controlled by iCUE but then iCUE says no devices are detected..

Right ... and that's what I would actually expect. CLink looks for a registry key that's added when iCue is installed to see which devices it should "ignore" if it detects them. It doesn't actually "know" if iCue is seeing them.

i exported a new log and so i attached that new log file to this post.. It seems to have some kind read out now that says:

2018-04-29T17:46:52 W cue.sensors.system_info: Values request failed: 5 "Request timeout"

Any service_error log though?

It's not in the archive. It would be under %PROGRAMDATA%\Corsair\Cue\Service Logs.

OK I understand. it's suppose to be in program data. but because of my luck no error log there either.. :roll: so I'm still in the same boat. lol thanks again man!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi, everyone. After 3-months + with Corsair support the answer is simple when devices do not show as they should in Corsair Link. The answer is not iCue, which I was told by support.

Here you go!

Step 1: Run Winver in Run command.

Step 2: Uninstall iCue complete and if you have Link installed, that too.

Step 3: Restart Windows. (Yes I know its windows 10 but this is hardware related. Do it).

Step 4: Install Corsair Link 4.9.9.3 for Windows version 1809 OS Build 17753.557 or later.

Step 5: If you want iCue for your keyboard RGB and other accessories install that now.

You should have all devices showing in Corsair Link!

Enjoy.