Corsair Community

Maybe someone can help me.

I am looking to find a great graphics card that will support the following build.

Ryzen 9 3950 (pending of course)

Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi

2 x 16 Vengeance DDR4-3600 CL16

H150I Pro Cooler

Corsair HX1000i PSU

2 - M.2 MP600 SSD

My monitors are "3" ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q 27"

This build is going to be for streaming/gaming. Being I am running 3 monitors that are rated up to 165hz refresh rates, I figured I would go with a good GPU.

I have been looking at the MSI GeForce 2080 TI Gaming Trio, but have heard some bad reviews but also some good ones. I just want something that is good quality, and will last.

The reviews I read say mainly they have failed after a few days or a few months of use. I don't know what MSI reputation is, and how good their product is, but I want something of good quality and something that is known to last, especially since I am spending such a high amount of money for the GPU.

Any help would be great. Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but since most of my product relates to corsair, I figured this would be a good place to start, and since I have other posts here where people have helped me greatly, I'd like to continue here.

I have the same 3 monitors, running two 2080tis under water. These cards run pretty hot, stable at 2100/8000ish. Gigabyte Waterforce Xtremes. If you want longevity, I would go for a hybrid water/air option, and since this puts the card at a higher bracket, you have a better chance of getting samsung memory and A chips, which are known to be more stable over time and can possibly OC better. From what I've read, the failing cards isn't necessarily the vendor/brand, but poor micron memory. This is speculation however.

There won't be a huge difference in overall performance with the cards unless you really luck out and win with a super chip. Your main goal is to keep the heat down, so either a card with a ton of airflow or a hybrid watercooled card. For the AIO versions, you have a few options, but I would go for the Gigabyte:

https://www.aorus.com/GV-N208TAORUSX-W-11GC

or the EVGA: https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=11G-P4-2384-KR

If you are doing a watercooled system, I would get what I have:

https://www.aorus.com/GV-N208TAORUSX-WB-11GC

The only downside with Gigabyte is their software is absolute garbage. MSI Afterburner software is the way to go for OCing the card.

These monitors are great!!!

Yea. I am totally debating between my AIO H150i cooler with a push/pull setup, or going with Corsairs Hydro X. Will there be a huge difference between the 2?

I was going to go with Nvidia's GPU (Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 Ti Founders Edition) that I would have to tear apart and add in the cooling option from Corsair, XG7 RGB 20 SERIES (Ti FE)

Will that one you recommended be better, and I won't have to take anything apart? Will it just plug and play with the water lines from Hydro X?

My next thing with the Hydro X is either going with Hardline or Softline. I never bended any hardline before, but I have seen a few videos on doing it. Any suggestions. Pros/Cons

Yea. I am totally debating between my AIO H150i cooler with a push/pull setup, or going with Corsairs Hydro X. Will there be a huge difference between the 2?

I was going to go with Nvidia's GPU (Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 Ti Founders Edition) that I would have to tear apart and add in the cooling option from Corsair, XG7 RGB 20 SERIES (Ti FE)

Will that one you recommended be better, and I won't have to take anything apart? Will it just plug and play with the water lines from Hydro X?

My next thing with the Hydro X is either going with Hardline or Softline. I never bended any hardline before, but I have seen a few videos on doing it. Any suggestions. Pros/Cons

These days, it will be difficult to get a RMA honored if you put your own cooler on, EVGA used to be cool about this but even they won't deal with warranty claims if you do your own waterblock. This is why I went with one that is preinstalled. The EVGA Hydrocopper is almost 200 bucks more for the same board layout, same phases etc as the gigabyte I got.

My last upgrade, I got the 1080ti founders from nvidia and put my own blocks on them from EK, they were great but didn't OC as well as others with aftermarket boards. The 2080tis don't OC as well as previous cards, so I would just go for a card with a preinstalled waterblock so that you can keep your RMAs safe in case it goes belly-up. Both of my Gigabyte cards are A chips with samsung memory, thankfully.

As far as tubing goes: I have done soft and hard, I started with soft clear tubing, moved to glass tubing, cutting it etc, and have finally moved to the black ZMT tubing from EK. I stand by this tubing and will only use it from now on. It's easy to work with, doesn't leech plasticizer into your system (which all other soft tubing will do) and makes for easier upgrades down the road. Hard tubing is great, but you have to remember that you will need to redo your loop every time you upgrade. My best looking build was with glass tubing, but now it all sits in a box because I upgraded. I plan to use the glass for another build., maybe a media server, but not for my daily driver.

EDIT: Make sure you get a cooling system that can handle the wattage for this board, so at least 4-450 watts.. and even then overcompensate so the fans aren't running full tilt at all times.

Edited by kcdc

DO you recommend any type of bending kit to help with the hardline kit for corsair?

XF Hardline (12mm OD compression)

I think I am going to stick with Corsair and give it a shot.

Someone also mentioned to make sure I shave the edges of the tubing that insert into the compression fittings. Is this needed? That way they aren't sharp.

Do you recommend any kit that will help with this?

Personal choice bud... for me. and i am thinking from an aesthetics point, i would prob go with a 360 front and 240 top before i would put a rad in the rear,, seen a few builds with all 3 too lol... i suppose my advice would be.. If you can.. Why not :).. MOAR is better right?

Yea very true. I just may. lol.

Speaking of tubing...

There are 2 options on site to choose from as seen in picture below.

One is labeled PMMA. Is this just the bendable hard tube? NON ACRYLIC?

I do not want acrylic, as it is a pain to cut.

But I do want a hard line, and want to bend it to look like clean lines. I just don't want acrylic. Any advice here?

1842150626_ScreenShot2019-09-09at2_42_28AM.thumb.png.4316e92fbf52b0de67eb13e100fcacb6.png

I do not want acrylic, as it is a pain to cut.

Any advice here?

Yeah dont believe the hype.. its easy to cut!, just need the right tools dude. a fine tooth hacksaw zips through it with ease with no adverse effects!. then just clean up the edges with a deburring tool..

My first attempt at cuts and bends. if i can do it.. you can ;)

http://i.imgur.com/kxImEypl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/LxD4pdOl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/de4NnlEl.jpg

ignore the 'droop' in last pic.. its not connected at the other end.....

Edited by Zotty

Very nice. Just makes me nervous lol. So when you heated that same tubing up, it bent very easy without breaking? Acrylic just seems so fragile.

If I chose to go PETG, would this work in the image below? With the 12mm fittings from Corsair?

PETG just seems a little bit easier, and I dont think there is much benefit going acrylic over PETG to be honest.

Also, is this using a NVIdia Geforce 2080 ti FE? by chance?

If so can I get some more pics of it. It will help how I run/bend lines

821814756_ScreenShot2019-09-09at2_51_20AM.thumb.png.bc561e9dcdb441853185b7428417a495.png

flow path does matter with certain items such as the CPU block, Rads it doesnt matter. pump has an in and an out. so. out of pump into gpu. out of gpu in cpu. out of cpu into rads and back to pump inlet is a fairly normal set up, you could have a Rad between the GPU and CPU.. its all your call