Corsair Community

Commander Pro/LL RGB Bugged/Broken?

W-O-P-R

I recently set up some LL Fans connected via Node/Commander Pro

I think there is a problem with the Commander Pro but I can't tell for sure.

I have replaced the Node, checked and re-checked fan cable order, as well as changing fan placement/order. The results are all essentially the same.

This is best illustrated by all fans on a static setting and one to an alternate color.

Why is fan 2 (middle) and 3 (top) in the image showing colors from each others channel?

http://dragonfly-media.com/_img/misc/fans.jpg

http://dragonfly-media.com/_img/misc/cpui.jpg

The Commander Pro is running the latest firmware 4.9.4.28 . LINK does NOT seem to have a way to update the Node firmware.

Edited by W-O-P-R
pics

That's certainly odd.

Questions for a bit more detail:

• Is the "bleedover" between fan 4 and 5? Or 5 and 6? I think it's 4 & 5 but want to be sure.
  • Does this only happen with Fan 5?
  • What happens if you rearrange the fans on the hub? Does the issue move with the physical fan or is it always the fan in Port 4/5 on the RGB Hub? You've said "essentially the same" but let's be more specific.

Thanks DevBiker,

The bleed over is consistent. The first fan is correct. Each subsequent fan has segment of color that is from the previous fan.

#1 is OK

#2 has some of #1

#3 has some of #2

#4 has some of #3

#5 has some of #4

#6 has some of #5

(determined by setting all to a different static color)

I said "essentially" just because the visual nature of the error displays differently depending on effect (Visor, Arc, etc). Static is just easiest on photos

I can reorder the fan plug in order and the error remains (but out of order since it I am not remounting the fans proper).

I have not tried connecting the Node directly.

I can try that but very irritating given the $70 a Commander costs

Well, what I'm trying to narrow down is if it's the CoPro or if it's the software. If you have the exact same behavior using a Lighting Node Pro, then I think it's safe to say it's the software. If, however, it works correctly with a NoPro, then we know it's the CoPro.

This seems very close to my problem except mine get frozen/stuck, I have 3 LL120 and three quarters of one fan responds quickly the rest either don't at all or take minutes to hours and randomly change part of their LEDS.

What happens if you try to do a Channel Effect?

The behavior for me is consistent.

If I run a channel effect each fan displays a portion of the previous setting.

Arc is totally broken. The inner and outer ring are the same color and the 'background' of the outer ring is the color of the inner setting but only on about 25% of the ring.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I replaced the Node and that did not change the circumstance.

At this point I'd have to replace the Commander to be 100% certain it is not software … but as the Node is what controls the lighting it seems like there would be little impact. The Commander otherwise works fin with fan speed/temps/etc

Corsair seems uninterested on commenting which is pretty s***ty for a company after they took almost 200 bucks (Commander + LLFans)

The CoPro actually has a NoPro as a component. It's the exact same in each. If both a NoPro and a CoPro are doing the same thing, then it's most likely a software issue. The LLs are, btw, software controlled. The crazy thing is ... it's almost like you are missing LEDs in the chain. What happens if you put fan #1 on fan #6?

The LLs are, btw, software controlled. The crazy thing is ... it's almost like you are missing LEDs in the chain. What happens if you put fan #1 on fan #6?

Thanks DB,

I have dismounted and reordered the fans and the effect is identical.

The issue is in whatever is telling what to do/display.

System:

Asus Zenith X399

AMD Threadripper 1950X

Enermax TR4 360

Asus 1080Ti Strix

128MB GSkill RGB

Windows 10

Commander Pro

Node Pro

LL 120 x3

3 Corsair LED strips

I have run this with and without Asus Aura lighting the ram.

All of the fans are connected directly to the Commander and work fine.

Aaaaaaaand … the new as of today LINK 4.9.5.25 build did not fix it.

Honestly, I've given up and these will be the last Corsair products I buy. Premium price and horrible performance.

• 1 year later...

I'm sorry for digging up this old topic, but after searching for this issue, this was the only one I could find.

Same thing started happening to me as of today. I usually have a solid blue light setup when during gaming, one of my fans started showing red.

After swapping colors and testing, I couldn't find the issue. Reboot, reflashing of firmware, etc, nothing seemed to fix the color from being shown incorrect.

Then I saw on a secondary fan, that 1 LED of it was slightly flickering.

So I started thinking that it might be the cause. And behold, after testing, I found out that 1 LED from another fan, completely messed up the other fan in the loop that came after it.

As shown and described here:

[ame]

[/ame]

So I guess my only option is to take out that fan, send it back and get a replacement?