View Single Post
Old 12-27-2018, 11:48 PM

POST ID # = 987297
CTOverton Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nh_790 View Post
Sure.

Honestly I didnt even solder. these things run on such low power, I think they just need to not touch other wires or metal...

I just twisted the wires together and wrapped with electrical tape. I'm sure someone will give me crap about that, but seems to work fine.

Anyways, the setup:

The connector used on the mini and lighting node is called an I2C or IIC connector. These days I think they are used for Arduino devices mostly. It also happens to be the exact same connector as was used on the old audio cables you used to have to use to on IDE Optical drives before XP.

I happened to have a couple of these old audio cables still so that's what I used.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

The cables I had had 1 thicker wire and two thinner ones, i took 2 cables apart so i could use the slightly thicker wire (one at each end x2 cables)

So i ended up with 4 of these:

[IMG][/IMG]

So, I remove the red and white wires, and put in the other 3 black wires, and connect some extra red, green, blue, and black wires that I had from an old motherboard front panel connector.

The result looks like this:
[IMG][/IMG]

Make sure you get the order right, Corsair is not using the standard order.

Corsair:

12v
B
R
G

Standard:

12v
G
R
B

Then i got a 5 meter spool of 5050 RGB LED lights from ebay, probably similar to what you are looking at, as well as a 10 pack of solderless connectors. Total cost about 25 bucks.

[IMG][/IMG]

Around the front of the case you need to connect the red, green, blue and black wires to one of the solderless connectors and connect the solderless connector to the led strip. I just cut one of the connectors in half.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Then around your case however you want, cutting custom lengths and using the solderless connectors where needed, corners etc.

[IMG][/IMG]

I need to stick some double sided tape on the solderless connectors so that they dont peel away but the end result works pretty well. Hopefully this helps.

[IMG][/IMG]
Don't know if you are still on this subject four years later but I was wondering if you have any idea if this could work with the Corsair Lighting-Node-PRO? This being becuase you said the LED strips standards are

Standard:

12v
G
R
B

The NZXT LEDs that come with the H700i case are four pin, but the Lighting Node Pro is only a three pin.

As well however, the LL120mm and LL140MM come with the "RGB Lighting Hub" to connect the fan LEDs and these are 4pin.

So... could you connect to either or these and how so?