Corsair Community

Temp Sensor not Reporting (XD5 pump sensor)

rxman4453

I have every thing working except my temp sensors on the commander pro. I have tried resetting it and changing out the temp sensors. I have the pump/res sensor in #1 and three other temp sensors placed through out my pc case. None of the sensors are reporting. I have a 9900k/Asrock PG9 mobo. I figure for the loop to run the most efficiently I need these temps to be reporting. Oh and another questiong does anyone know what the max rpm is on the pump for the XD5? I don't want to run it too high. I may just have a bad commander pro. I noticed there are alot of issues being reported.

Capture.thumb.PNG.237ed59208bbf3aac2bab2b05de90036.PNG

There are not a lot of issues with Temp probes not showing up in the software. It doesn't matter which way you turn the connector at the pins. It is strange that all of them are missing vs just one like if you had a bad sensor. This makes me wonder if it isn't a UI issue in the app. I have seen this before with my 12/5/3.3 voltages on the Commander Pro.

1) Quit iCUE.

2) Open up C:Users/(name)/AppData (hidden)/Roaming/Corsair/CUE/Sensors and either delete or cut and paste that UserProps file to the desktop.

3) Restart iCUE. It will re-create the file. You will have to set up and dashboard or related data.

You could also achieve this by uninstalling iCUE, deleting its settings, and reinstalling, but that will also affect all of your devices.

Did the temp probes come back?

Max RPM on the XD5 is 4800 rpm or so. There is no reason to ever run that speed for cooling purposes. There isn't going to be a meaningful difference in temperature between 3000 rpm and 4500 rpm.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm also experiencing the pump Temp Probe not discovered by iCUE software...

I've tried a few things but with no luck

also: Side note

I can't get my ML120 Pro Fans to run at a fixed speed in iCUE

they pulse faster and slower - gradually speeding up and slowing down

weird as heck

I'm also experiencing the pump Temp Probe not discovered by iCUE software...

I've tried a few things but with no luck

also: Side note

I can't get my ML120 Pro Fans to run at a fixed speed in iCUE

they pulse faster and slower - gradually speeding up and slowing down

weird as heck

You'll have to be more specific on the temp probes. I have used half a dozen different brand thermistor wires and never had one not show up, unless the wire was physically broken. Make sure you are not running additional monitoring software like HWiNFO, AIDA, etc. that are polling the same data. This is the root cause far more often than actual hardware problems.

Fixed speed controls are available under any custom curve. Performance Tab, +, a new curve will appear. Fixed % and Fixed RPM are two choices. Make sure you actually apply the curve to each fan individually. These do not automatically apply like lighting patterns.

I have a similar issue, I actually have the CP reporting the temp, but not allowing me to use it for the HydroX pump custom curve. But I just use the extreme setting, as my fliud doesn't fluctuate much, jumps between 31-32 under prolonged load.

The Hydro X curves can only use Temp 1 as the control source. I can't remember if it even shows you the sensor choice, but I suspect not. If you want to use the Hydro X curve, pump must be on C-Pro #6 and Temp Sensor on #1.

I don't think AI Suite/Fan Xpert would cause an issue with this. It's not looking for it the way HWiNFO or another full spectrum monitoring program would. It will look for the MB origin temp sensor and you might have 1-2 of those, but they will not conflict with the native temp probes for the Commander. You should have 4 in the box. If it won't read one, grab another and see if you can get a value from any of the sockets 1-4. If not, then I think there is a problem with the hardware.

I don't think AI Suite/Fan Xpert would cause an issue with this. It's not looking for it the way HWiNFO or another full spectrum monitoring program would. It will look for the MB origin temp sensor and you might have 1-2 of those, but they will not conflict with the native temp probes for the Commander. You should have 4 in the box. If it won't read one, grab another and see if you can get a value from any of the sockets 1-4. If not, then I think there is a problem with the hardware.

I just uninstalled the ASUS AI Suite...

Now I'm going to - in earnest - try to understand the iCUE software and get my set-up dialed in

:sunglasse

The Hydro X curves can only use Temp 1 as the control source. I can't remember if it even shows you the sensor choice, but I suspect not. If you want to use the Hydro X curve, pump must be on C-Pro #6 and Temp Sensor on #1.

I am 95.7% sure it is :biggrin:but I have to work on other wiring and clean up in the back compartment this Sunday so I will check that out to make sure I did not just plug it into #2 by mistake. I so hate wiring work, and man with 10 RGB fans its like a snake orgy back there.