Corsair Community

Hydro X XC7 CPU block and Asus x570-I mini-ITX

jrwininger

No, it wont. The reason the included universal 1151/AM4 backplate is not compatible due to the board having lots of components on the backside of the PCBA. See encircled in red:

...Unless you're willing to modify it by cutting away parts of backplate. Dremmel recommended :)

Ih0J3dq.png

No, it wont. The reason the included universal 1151/AM4 backplate is not compatible due to the board having lots of components on the backside of the PCBA. See encircled in red:

...Unless you're willing to modify it by cutting away parts of backplate. Dremmel recommended :)

Ih0J3dq.png

Thanks for the response. Looks like I'll have to go with another company's cpu block. :(

Thanks for the response. Looks like I'll have to go with another company's cpu block. :(

There's a quick D.I.Y. solution for you. You can technically use UNC 6/32 screws and use existing backplate on the motherboard. Use the spring + spring washer from the XC7 water block. Like so, see below:

Kt9Qd23.png

Four UNC 6/32 screw in appropriate length (let's say around 20mm) should be less than one $ USD.

The only thing you need to know is that this kind of kludged mounting system is now old-school approach, where you need to make sure to equally tighten down all four screws, preferably in the cross pattern.

Again, this is D.I.Y. solution :biggrin:

There's a quick D.I.Y. solution for you. You can technically use UNC 6/32 screws and use existing backplate on the motherboard. Use the spring + spring washer from the XC7 water block. Like so, see below:

Kt9Qd23.png

Four UNC 6/32 screw in appropriate length (let's say around 20mm) should be less than one $ USD.

The only thing you need to know is that this kind of kludged mounting system is now old-school approach, where you need to make sure to equally tighten down all four screws, preferably in the cross pattern.

Again, this is D.I.Y. solution :biggrin:

Looks like I'll be going the EK route, since they actually support my motherboard with their blocks.