Corsair Community

Really slow Windows boot up since buying K70 & M65

markob53

Bought the K95 RGB, It is a beautiful keyboard. Unfortunately the software has a lot to be desired. I also consider the drivers lacking somewhat. Before I installed CUE 2.6.79 My PC was booting in less than 25 seconds in normal startup. The PC has a Samsung SSD 880 EVO. After installing CUE 2.6.79 and plugging the USB headers in two UBS 2.0; ...suddenly, I notice that the computer was taking 3.20 Minutes to boot. I then stopped the software (CUE 2.6.79) in System Configuration and unplugged the K95 RGB. I rebooted again and then it booted in 25 seconds like before. So? What's the problem??? I am not a happy camper!!! Note: I spend weeks researching what Gaming KB to buy. I chose the Corsair K95 RGB because Corsair made all this claims and reviews. So now I am heart Broken!! :mad: and :(:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is not with CUE, but the with motherboard instead. Do you have a USB 3.0 port? If so try using that instead of 2xUSB 2.0.

I also recall that there should be a setting you can try switching off in the BIOS to make it faster, I think it is called LEGACY USB or something similar (depends on the motherboard). Hopefully someone with the same issue can share here what he changed.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
Asus Maximus VII Hero

intel i7 4790K

looooong boot, sometimes i need to reboot my computer.

Solution ? We are in 2019...

I'm in 2020, I too have Z97 based motherboard, but Asus GENE VII here, I'm seeking solution. I'm trying to workaround boost hangs with Corsair K95 Platinum without having to manually disable 1000Hz polling rate via F1+Lock combo.

• 10 months later...

I also experienced very slow boot times (~3 minutes) on my PC with the K70 RGB MK.2 Low Profile Keyboard, but after a day of troubleshooting and trial and error, I finally found that setting the option "Boot from Storage Devices" under Boot menu "CSM (Compatibility Support Module)" to "Ignore" solved my issue.

I have an Asus ROG Strix B450 I-Gaming motherboard.

Hope this can help you guys!