Corsair Community

H100i RGB Platinum | Pump header does not illuminate with MSI x470 Gaming Plus

Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a Corsair H100i RGB Platinum cooler and connected it to an older intel board, same manufacturer as my current one (MSI). It was an MSI z87-gd65 Gaming mobo and I was successful in illuminating all sections of the cooler. Today however, I upgraded my ancient dino system to new parts.

Here are the parts that were installed:

MSI x470 Gaming Plus

AMD Ryzen 7 2700x CPU (8 core 16 thread)

Corsair H100i RGB Platinum (plugged to CPU_FAN1 header)

G.Skill F4-3220C16-8GTZR

These parts were all new (except the cooler as I had it 2 days before updating the mobo / ram / processor)

After getting everything up and working without much issue, the only issue I have now is that the RGB node surrounding the actual pump head does not illuminate. The fans illuminate and work with the iCUE software (and it recognizes the h100), but the pump will not illuminate whatsoever.

I'm wondering if the pump needs to actually be plugged to W_Pump 1 header or leave directly on the CPU_FAN1 header.

Does anyone have this issue, or has anyone had the same issue with this? I would really like to keep the cooler as I just purchased it from Fry's locally the other night and it worked flawlessly on my old system. Just not sure why the LED's on the pump head all of a sudden will not light up or work.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

It would be greatly appreciated, as after scouring the forums for an hour, I cannot seem to locate anyone else with this issue on these parts.

My first reaction would be that the pump LEDs are out. But ... you've already has them working so ... that's weird. And since the fan LEDs work and the fans spin, the pump isn't dead.

Have you installed iCue yet? Check your profile and make sure that the lighting is applied to the pump head.

Plugging the fan cable into another fan header won't help anything; that cable only provides a tach signal; the cooler gets no power from it at all.

Buenos días,

Me ocurre exactamente lo mismo, mi placa es MSI X370 GAMING XPOWER TITANIUM, funciona todo correctamente pero no los Led de la bomba.

Desinstale el OURUS ENGINE, RGBFUSION y GAMING APP por si hubiera conflicto de Driver´s pero todo sigue igual.

Hello!

I'm having the same issue, but my motherboard is a Gigabyte Z370... I was having issues with my H100i Pro RGB, so RMA'd it and upgraded to the H100i Platinum. I just finished installing it a few hours ago, but I can't get the pump led's to turn on. They do nothing, not a flash, not a blink, I mean NADA! The led's on the ML fans seem to work just fine tho.

Buenos días,

Me ocurre exactamente lo mismo, mi placa es MSI X370 GAMING XPOWER TITANIUM, funciona todo correctamente pero no los Led de la bomba.

Desinstale el OURUS ENGINE, RGBFUSION y GAMING APP por si hubiera conflicto de Driver´s pero todo sigue igual.

Me olvide detallar que es el segundo que pruebo, devolví el primero pensando que era fallo de fabrica y con el segundo pasa lo mismo.

So has anyone found a solution or just returned it?

Yo me estoy comunicando con el Servicio de Corsair.

Me pidieron número de versión iCue

firmware de la bomba

Sistema operativo.

Me aconsejaron que pruebe otro usb

También me aconsejaron que repare la instalación en panel de control

ya les conteste y estoy esperando respuesta.

Edited by fineros

• Corsair Employees

Hello Everyone,

Can you attempt a force update of the firmware within iCue? See if this helps and if you have any troubles performing this, please let me know. If you have a ticket going for something similar, can you please PM your ticket numbers.

Hello Everyone,

Can you attempt a force update of the firmware within iCue? See if this helps and if you have any troubles performing this, please let me know. If you have a ticket going for something similar, can you please PM your ticket numbers.

Buenas tardes Jam.

Ya he probado todo, nada hace funcionar el led de la bomba.

el número de ticket 816182, ya conteste el mensaje hoy.

es el segundo H100i RGB que pruebo por que pensé que el primero era fallo de fabrica, funciona todo bien, pero la luz led no.

Muchas gracias

Hello Everyone,

Same issue here, only installed the cooler today. LEDs on the fans work, just not on the pump.

I've forced an update of the firmware and also updated to latest version of icue, still isn't working.

Motherboard is an ASUS STRIX Z270F so not an MSI like the above.

Also tried trouble shooting of uninstalling, running ccleaner, restarting and re-installing and this didn't fix the issue.

Me pasa lo mismo a mi. La cambie por otra y sigue igual. El programa icue detecta la bomba y funciona correctamente pero no se ilumina.

Mi equipo es:

Gigabyte z390 gaming x

2x8gb corsair vengance

Gigabite 2080 gaming oc

Tracers mars vulcano 750w

Y todo montado en una Corsair spec omega rgb

He llegado a pensar que sea problema de la fuente de alimentacion pero es un simple Sata

Hello folks,

I have Z97 Asus board (Sabertooth) I spoke a to a tech on 12-10-2018 and they had suggested on Asus boards to disable the Q fan control (BIOS fan curve) since it starts at a low RPM. This was after I returned my H100i Platinum to the retailer for a replacement. I understand that there is some discussion that Molex to SATA conversion may cause this issue since Molex and SATA do different amps from what I understand. The tech concluded that I most likely just had bad LED's. Corsair iCue detected that everything was working though, however some BIOS's (at least mine) detected the pump was at a much higher RPM (almost double) what issue says. I imagine this might be because of the factory fun curve on the BIOS side? Hope this gives you folks some idea for your MSI boards as well being given this logic if it has something similar. I understand the CPU cable only is a tach for monitoring the RPM's, but to my thought, if the BIOS curce is under what the pump can do minimum then you might to adjust the curve... I was planning on programming the pump LED's to give me a visual of my CPU temp.

Hello folks, to first start off, I have a H100i platnium, but this might also help some with different model AIO coolers.

I did some testing and found that (after support insight) that A 4 wire SATA extension connected between the PSU and the SATA power on the motor/pump will not power the pump OR might be a remedy of why some are not getting LED's turning working on their unit. I definitely found that in my case a molex to SATA converter doesn't work either.

So in conclusion, I found that going straight to the PSU's SATA works the best, I have not tried a 5 pin/wire SATA extension though.

Try this fix from ocgenie - It worked for me!

It was a molex to sata connection that was causing the problem all along.. Plugging it into a sata connector direct from PSU fixed the problem and the LEDs on pump now work!

Edited by Dale_

Whoever figured this out, THANK YOU!

I had mine connected through a SATA power splitter... So, after spending a few hours re-routing my cables, I was able to plug the AiO directly to the PSU. Problem solved!!! Now all the LED's (on the ML fans, and the waterblock), work perfectly! I'm so relieved that I don't have to RMA and install a new one again. I hope everyone else that's having trouble with the LED's is able to resolve the issue, and get everything working properly.

Just put together a new build

Asus Z370-A motherboard

Corsair vengeance RGB Vengeance 32gb ram

i7 8700k cpu

GeForce 1080Ti gpu

NZXT case

Crucial m.2 ssd 500gb

Crucial m.2 ssd 1TB

Western Digital Blue 1TB Hdd

Elgato 4K 60fps capture card

Corsair AIO h100i RGB Platinum cooler

Everything works fine but the h100i pump head does illuminate at all.

The icue shows the pump head and illumination control but it doesn’t work.

I will contact Corsair tomorrow.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I have a CORSAIR H100i RGB PLATINUM AIO Liquid CPU Cooler,240mm,Dual ML120 PRO RGB brand new from amazon. After I installed it, I had the same issue where the PUMP LED would not illuminate but the Radiator fans would. The iCUE software would act as if the pump led's were working.

I had it connected to one of those Molex to SATA power adapters as I had run out of SATA power connectors.

What worked for me was take one of the SATA power cables from the power supply and connected to the pump (and not connect anything else to that cable). When I did that, the pump led illuminated and its working perfectly, i believe it has something to do with the voltage it needs.

It sucks that I had to use an entire sata cable to power the pump, I just used my Molex to SATA adapter to power my hard drive i had taken the sata power cable from.

Good Luck! definitely let me know if this helps you out!

• Corsair Employees

Woah so many responses here!

So, we've had some positive results from the above solution ^^^

Apparently, certain PSU manufacturers use an odd 3.3volt rail for their SATA connectors which doesn't play nice with multiple devices connected AND the Platinum cooler.

Most user's with the issue are reporting that connecting the cooler to a dedicated SATA with nothing else plugged in corrects the issue.

**Edit: Those of you that aren't helped by this solution might want to try another SATA cable, or a different SATA port. If you still can't get it to work, contact us through a ticket and we can take a closer look. Just remember to link the forum post with a short TL;DR so we know where you left off.

Edited by Corsair Calico Jack