Corsair Community

Can't open AsIO.sys !! (5)

frostschaden

For the past couple of weeks I have been getting this error message "Can't open AsIO.sys !! (5)" every time iCue starts up. I've tried re-installing, as well as, falling back to older versions to no avail. Does anyone know where this file is supposed to go? I am assuming somewhere within the Program Files folder. I'm not really sure what to do at this point, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

just spoke with corsair and they said it can likely be realted to a motherboard utility app. so thats where i am currently trying to figure out whihc utility app it is to update. the .sys is a motherboard compatibility issue

non so far. im trying to reach out to gigabyte as we speak but i was in such a rush to get a ticket out that i dont htink i clearly explained the issue. but they have a the asio.sys (5) in the message so~ idk.

what have you done so far?

i was thinking about reinstalling windows next weekend when i have a spare moment.

i have tried installing uninstalling and unplugging my DRAM modules and putting them back in.

everything seems useless. im curious if the DRAM modules RGB controller just bricked and stopped working. but im not that proficent to tell.

i can still get some RBG to work but only on default profiles that are loaded. nothing like i was previously able to.

I'm not experiencing any issues with the lighting. As far as that goes, everything works as intended. I haven't tried anything else, not really sure what to try. Looking online, file . net, states the file belongs to Asus, apparently an acronym for Asus Input Output Drive. We both have an ASUS GPU, what apps from ASUS do you have installed? I have Aura and a wireless driver.

What strikes me as odd, is that falling back to the previous version of iCue does not fix the problem. I can't think of what I might have installed a couple weeks back that would have caused the error.

EDIT: I just uninstalled Aura and the error is now gone. Let me know what you find out.

Edited by frostschaden

Hi,

today i have expirienced the same issue. I updated all MB drivers and utilities. It did not help.

But uninstalling AURA, got rid of the error. Installing new version 1.07.79 have not brought it back.

So uninstall old AURA and install latest version solved the problem for me.

Hope it helped.

• 7 months later...

I found the cause of the problem, for me atleast.

The ICUE software is loading in my ASUS motherboard in Devices. And the moment in appears in devices, this error message appears. Since ICUE runs on startup, i see this error message every time i boot my PC.

So i tried to uncheck "Enable plugins" in ICUE Settings. Now when i boot up ICUE, the error message no longer appears since it doesnt load in my motherboard.

This is probably not the best solution for everyone, but at least i no longer get that annoying error message.