Corsair Community

lighting node pro stopped working

Fishman101

hi hopefully this is in the right place but feel free to move it if it should be elsewhere. so i have three hydro x parts in my system (gpu, cpu blocks and the pump) all were working fine then playing doom eternal over the weekend they all stopped lighting up and the node wasnt detected within icue, i used USBDeview to check the connection to find it said it wasnt connected.

i ordered a replacement with the rgb strips, hooked it all up and daisy chained the hydro x stuff, it worked for about 30 seconds. i assumed i was unlucky and got a defective on so got amazon to replace it.

tested the new one in another system with only the rgb strips and worked flawlessly but as soon as i put in my main rig it stopped again almost straight away. surely i cannot of received two faulty products in a row.

could the node have burnt out/fried when attached to my system? using corsair RM850X with the out of the box cables, i do have two sets of Deepcool MF120 fans on the same sata line with no problems with them.

any help anyone could provide would be grateful :

sounds like something is wrong somewhere in the Hydro X RGB Loop dude. first. open a ticket with Corsair and start the RMA process rolling just in case.

once you unplug hydro x leds does the node pro resume normal service for strips?

hi thanks for getting back to me, both nodes are completely unresponsive now. i even tried putting them in my other system but i get nothing out of them now. in regards to the other system it has a commander pro installed (for 6 ll120 fans) so if i connect the strips and each hydro x part separately in the other system they all work apart from now most of the leds in the gpu block have died. they wont chain together for some reason, tried pump-gpu-cpu and gpu-pump-cpu and get nothing out of them together.

i have tried putting the commander in my main rig its detected in icue but nothing lights up, its like its not receiving enough power or something?

if i put in an RMA, i dont know what im RMAing. the gpu block for dead leds but is it the psu killing the nodes or are the nodes faulty theres so many variables lol