Corsair Community

Upgrading from ML120 non RGB to QL120

deakoi

I have the PC011 with the h150i pro and 6 ML120 (non RGB) fans connected to the Commander Pro. I want to upgrade all but the h150i fans to QL120 fans. Am i correct in that I would need 1 Lighting Node CORE for the RGB connectors and then connect the other cables to the Commander Pro? Both seem to have 6 connectors each.

I'm a building noob so haven't tried this before but wanted to try and exchange the fans myself this time instead of paying some shop to do it.

There are a couple different ways you could do this, but I think the easiest is to use the Lighting Node Core that comes in the QL120 multi-pack and it will plug into the USB 2 passthrough on the Commander Pro. It will appear in iCUE as a separate device and you will have full lighting control there, plus fan speed control from the Commander Pro panel (assuming fan wires go back to that device).

If you have a RGB Lighting Hub lying around, that can also take 6 QL and plug into the Commander Pro via the RGB Channel jack. That would make the lighting and fan speed under the same device.

Both methods use the same number of SATA power sources and a Lighting Node Core is really just a combo LNP + RGB Hub in one package.

Edited by c-attack