Corsair Community

HS60 Audio being picked up through Microphone

Hello,

I recently just purchased the Corsair HS60's. Everything seems to work fine, but my friends can hear themselves echoing in voice chat, and things that are playing through my headset seem to be picked up in the microphone. I'm using the USB adapter that came with the headset on the front panel USB 3.0 of my system. Seems like this is a common problem with this headset. Any potential solutions for this? Is buying a splitter going to solve this? Is there a potential reduced quality of sound going through the splitter vs USB (I'm not too informed on audio technology)? My last headset was just direct USB connection with no USB adapter w/ 3.5 mm jack, and I had zero issues whatsoever. Perhaps I should just stick to those kind of headsets?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Hugh.

• 5 months later...

Bought the HS60 two weeks ago.

Mine has the same problem. no way to use this headset for voicechat and such.

A splitter could maybe rexolve this problem but then u dont get surround sound.

This problem is unacceptable and ill send it back.

Otherwise it would be a really great Headset

• 7 months later...
My corsair virtuoso headset suddenly disconnects after I updated the firmware to v.5.4.99 now the headset blinks red same as the splitstream dongle I tried to follow every step but it still does not connect wirelessly and wired. The headset doesn't show itself on the ICUE software only the dongle shows, I just bought this a month ago which is march 2021. Does somebody know how to fix this? I already submitted a ticket and still, there is no feedback.

• Corsair Employee
My corsair virtuoso headset suddenly disconnects after I updated the firmware to v.5.4.99 now the headset blinks red same as the splitstream dongle I tried to follow every step but it still does not connect wirelessly and wired. The headset doesn't show itself on the ICUE software only the dongle shows, I just bought this a month ago which is march 2021. Does somebody know how to fix this? I already submitted a ticket and still, there is no feedback.

Does your VIRTUOSO show up in iCUE when it's toggled to USB mode and connected via USB? You need to update the firmware on both the Dongle and headset for them to re-pair.