Corsair Community

LL140 fan won't spin past certain RPM on CoPro

phdibart

I have a Commander Pro with 3 LL140 and 2 non-RGB, non-PWM fans. RGB port 1 has a Corsair RGB hub plugged in. I control all 5 fans with iCue, and the RGB is working fine on the 3 LL fans. However, one of the LL140s will not spin past 667 RPM, no matter the profile. I have tried the 3 preset profiles, a 100%, and a 1,000 RPM profile. It will only respond to a 0 RPM profile and stop spinning. But as soon as I apply another profile, it spins up to 667 and stays there. I originally had it on port 2 of the CoPro and tried switching it to port 6 with the same symptom. I'm running firmware 3.21.7168 and have tried forcing an update of the firmware, per advice I've seen in another thread. I also have updated iCue to 3.16.56. Any help would be appreciated!

Is the fan port set as PWM (go to Settings)?

Do you see the same behavior when you plug the fan into the motherboard?

Dev, yes, that port is set to 4-pin (it's not labeled PWM in iCue). This behavior persists whether I set it to 4-pin or "auto." By the way, the errant port is #4. If I plug this fan into the motherboard, it spins at 1300 RPMs. Any ideas?

I think I got that port unstuck by doing a reset of the CoPro, because now it's working when I apply my custom curve, a fixed RPM, or a preset curve. The only thing it doesn't work with is a curve based on a fixed percent.

But to answer your question, I have 5 fans. See my OP; 3 LL140 and 2 Fractal Design Dynamic X2 GP-12. The Fractal fans are non-PWM.

No, I'm a bit baffled. It doesn't seem to be the fan though - or you wouldn't get the speed on the motherboard.

How many other fans on the CoPro?

I'm baffled, too...it's doing it again. The same fan, but this time, it won't spin past around 480 RPMs. Any other ideas?