Corsair Community

[Guide] How to sync Asus Aura with ICue

crashniels

Hi,

I have a z270g strix mobo+2 stripes (synced) and a m65pro rgb mice.

I did what you said to sync them, i manage to sync them but i cant control only with aura, in icue if i set a color on my mouse it doesnt work, all remains with aura settings.

I read some of you could and i would like to use icue instead of aura. If you have any idea.

Anyway, sync them even with aura is really nice work !

Edited by Jo1985

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

I have a z270g strix mobo+2 stripes (synced) and a m65pro rgb mice.

I did what you said to sync them, i manage to sync them but i cant control only with aura, in icue if i set a color on my mouse it doesnt work, all remains with aura settings.

I read some of you could and i would like to use icue instead of aura. If you have any idea.

Anyway, sync them even with aura is really nice work !

You can sync it the other way by selecting Corsair in the top and leaving Asus motherboard on the right. So basically the other way around. But since Asus messed up / didn't add support for RAM modules, ADD strips and everything other then Motherboard, GPU and their broken keyboards and mice functions they won't change colour and also won't show up.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys. I think this is the place I'm looking for.

I'm ordering parts for a new build, that contains some corsair RGB components;

Vengeance RGB Pro 16gb

Hydro 100i RGB Platinum SE

LL120 triple pack (with lighting node) X2

Commander Pro

I'll be putting these on an ASUS ROG STRIX X470-F Gaming, with an MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio.

My question is, will I be able to sync these with AURA or does it only work for certain components?

Vengeance RGB Pro 16gb

Commander Pro

I'll be putting these on an ASUS ROG STRIX X470-F Gaming, with an MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio.

My question is, will I be able to sync these with AURA or does it only work for certain components?

No, you cannot sync them with either iCUE or Aura. I tried the 3rd party app listed in the post a couple months ago and could not get it to work. I have the same motherboard and RAM but Pro version of cooler and ASUS and Corsair devices cannot be seen in the other party's app. With that build the majority of lighting will be controlled by iCUE as the X470-F has minimal lighting in front of the rear I/O. I don't know if the MSI GPU will sync with either software or if you'll need to add the MSI app. I'm a set and forget person with RGB so using multiple apps for control doesn't bother me.

• 4 weeks later...

Vengeance RGB Pro 16gb

Commander Pro

Sorry for the late reply. Only certain components will work for now. That being the Vengeance RGB Pro and the LL120 fans via the Commander Pro. The Hydro series will hopefully be added in the next Corsair SDK revision. As for the MSI card you will have to wait on some testing from the developers. One of them is currently working on getting MSI somewhat working.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I am here simply to complaint, I never succeed to make everything work together, all I could get was blincking white LEDs making me sweat of fear because I was thinking I broke the controllers or whatever... Dangerous thing.

Corsair needs to do something, like controlling the Asus RGB LEDs.

Hello,

I am here simply to complaint, I never succeed to make everything work together, all I could get was blincking white LEDs making me sweat of fear because I was thinking I broke the controllers or whatever... Dangerous thing.

Corsair needs to do something, like controlling the Asus RGB LEDs.

That sounds like X370 or B350.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Thanks for this!! I am loving it...

I just have few questions...

I made it so it launches with windows, but I have to manually select the profile before the lights start to sync up. Is there any way to automate this on every windows start up?

Also what is the network client and server used for?

Thanks!!

EDIT: Nvm.. just have to wait a bit and it automatically works with windows start up..

Edited by kienen

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all,

Im building my first PC and as Im going through it Im noticing some concerns about RGB compatibility. My current build is a ROG Strix B450-F Gaming MOBO with the Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 32 GB, 465x case and the H100i RGB Platinum SE AIO. Will I still be able to control all the Corsair RGB with ICUE or am I going to run into issues due to the ASUS mobo and Aura? Just trying to figure out my options before I get too deep into my build and need to return something...

Sorry if this is a dumb question... Im pretty new and Ive been researching this all night and coming up empty :( Thanks in advance.

As of half a year ago you can't really go wrong with Corsair or Asus in terms of compatability. Corsair still has the best right now. Asus has slowly opened up with a few bugs here and there but mostly control should be possible. Most Asus motherboars work without a problem including your Strix board. Making things more interesting Corsair announced that they will support Asus stuff in the future on their CES page. https://www.corsair.com/ww/en/ces-2020

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, first, thanks for this great guide.

Second, I need some help.

I've recently got some A-RGB CM HALO fans that claim to have 24 addressable leds, and are Aura Sync compatible.

When connecting to my MB and firing up Aura, I discovered that Aura doesn't let me manually select each addressable LED, the fan just show up as "Add-Strip-1" and I can only set a solid color to the entire fan.

Long story short I found this guide and tried it, using iCue to show the demo devices I was able to properly control the LEDS on the fan with JackNet SYNC software.

What I'm trying to achieve is this: turn OFF the leds around the inner part of the fan (inner center of the blades) and leave only the HALO leds on the outside ON, to create a ring effect only. I almost got it but here's what I found:

- Wile doing the configuration, after I added the first 16 "LedStripe" into the Synchronized LEDs column, the entire fan is already colored.

- The first 8 leds, that I thought were ONLY for the inner leds, are also lighting up HALF of the outter leds, then the remaining 8 LEDS light up the rest of the outter leds.

- On the Asus Addressable Strip I can see as much as 120 "LedStripXX". Shouldn't this be only 24 (i configured the fan on Aura to be 24 led, didn't changed)

So what gives? Can be this some odd thing between Aura and the fans and JackNet and iCUE? Or are these fans really NOT 24 addressable leds but actually 16?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Hey, first, thanks for this great guide.

Second, I need some help.

I've recently got some A-RGB CM HALO fans that claim to have 24 addressable leds, and are Aura Sync compatible.

When connecting to my MB and firing up Aura, I discovered that Aura doesn't let me manually select each addressable LED, the fan just show up as "Add-Strip-1" and I can only set a solid color to the entire fan.

Long story short I found this guide and tried it, using iCue to show the demo devices I was able to properly control the LEDS on the fan with JackNet SYNC software.

What I'm trying to achieve is this: turn OFF the leds around the inner part of the fan (inner center of the blades) and leave only the HALO leds on the outside ON, to create a ring effect only. I almost got it but here's what I found:

- Wile doing the configuration, after I added the first 16 "LedStripe" into the Synchronized LEDs column, the entire fan is already colored.

- The first 8 leds, that I thought were ONLY for the inner leds, are also lighting up HALF of the outter leds, then the remaining 8 LEDS light up the rest of the outter leds.

- On the Asus Addressable Strip I can see as much as 120 "LedStripXX". Shouldn't this be only 24 (i configured the fan on Aura to be 24 led, didn't changed)

So what gives? Can be this some odd thing between Aura and the fans and JackNet and iCUE? Or are these fans really NOT 24 addressable leds but actually 16?

Thanks a lot in advance.

The Asus SDK always reports back 120 LEDs. As for your Fan LEDs I don't really know what is happening there. Try deleting the profile and re-doing it.

Is there any way to make this work with Trident Z RGB memory modules? I have my RGB strip linked via the Aura plugin and it works fine. The memory modules don't show up in iCUE even though they supposedly are supported in Aura.

The Asus Aura plugin from Corsiar currently only supports the Motherboard. Any other Asus Aura compatible device is out of luck for now.