Corsair Community

When will Corsair release the MP510 update for the Phison E12?

Snatchface

Is there an unofficial way to flash newer firmware on corsair drives?

I think no. Corsair have a very bad support. I never buy a Corsair product now in the future.

We got news that firmware 12.3 is available for the Phison controller, with better temperature control. Looking forward to seeing it on Corsair.

Have you a link?

I do not want to post the link because although it is rumored to work the 12.3 firmware updater is not officially approved by Corsair and hence could damage the MP510.

Lol send me a PM with the Link or Info!!

Edit update to 12.3 now and all working. Dont lost any data.

Edited by Schrotty

Hi, I also wait since months of the update because i have an issue with my MP510. Sometimes I get a Black screen after I Start my Notebook. I hope to get soon the update. I hold my Fingers crossed for all of us.

I have a similar issue. After each restart the screen stays off.

After that you have to switch the device off and on again, then Windows will boot normally.

Notebook Acer Aspire 7 A717 72G

Is this an official release by Corsair?

It's an official release by Phison. Corsair only re-brand Phison's reference design, as do many other vendors, such as SiliconPower, CDR, PNY, MyDigitalSSD, etc., etc. The firmware is the same for all E12 based NVMe drives, with the odd exception. Corsair is not one of those exceptions. Phison manufacture the NVMe controller hardware and the firmware to drive it.

Edited by Yemble

I am not doubting you at all.

But unless Corsair gives it their stamp of approval, there is the problem of doing it on company machines, and claiming warranty afterwards.

It would help if Corsair puts it out ASAP

I am not doubting you at all.

But unless Corsair gives it their stamp of approval, there is the problem of doing it on company machines, and claiming warranty afterwards.

It would help if Corsair puts it out ASAP

I completely understand and agree.

However, what Corsair should do and what they actually do, are not necessarily the same thing!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Let's bump this thread once again.

5 months after tentative promise(1) and 3 months after explicit "sometime in May" assurance(2), there is still no official Corsair firmware update for MP510.

1) https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost.php?p=1000119&postcount=7

2) https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost.php?p=1002976&postcount=16

I'm not even that surprised. Though I ended up buying MP510, it was mostly because there was simply no option for me to buy other Phison E12 clone from a company providing functional customer support.

Nevertheless some lessons were learned here and I now know what to expect from Corsair. :)

And to be clear, using Phison updater to 12.3 did work fine for me. But it doesn't change the fact that Corsair decided that cutting costs on the support in expense of the customers is completely fine.

• 3 weeks later...

12.3 is available in Corsair SSD toolbox for me now. Must have happened in the last couple of weeks; I can't recall exactly when I checked last, but not long ago. I saw the upgrade in version 1.2.5.5, but had to upgrade to 1.2.5.7 to have it succeed. It also updated both my SSD's at the same time.

Any improvements in read/write speeds look to me to be within the margin of error of CrystalDiskMark.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey.

I installed my MP510 some days ago in my ASUS GU502GU and made a clean install of Windows 10 (1903) on it.

The Corsair SSD Toolbox (1.2.5.7) and CrystalSSD Info show me, that this SSD has the firmware "ECFM22.5" - which, according to this forum, isn't right.

The latest firmware, which came with the latest release of the Corsair SSD Toolbox should be 12.3.

Hitting the update button of the toolbox only tells me that I have the latest firmware...

Got a hint?

Thanks.