momorious

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to update everyone. We are still looking into this issue, we are logging all of the emails we are getting at icuedisconnect@corsair.com. Please keep sending the iCue logs and system specs it is helping.

Thanks

Holy christ Mike. The blue on grey background makes reading that nearly impossible.

Edited by Technobeard
removed bbcode

Well i've been through a new h100i plat as the firmware update icue suggested bricked it in the process, new cooler and still the same issues. The only thing i was hoping someone could comment on for me is when icue is running, i get stutters and freezes like everyone else it seems, but when these happen the 12v 5v and 3.3v voltages in the right hand side of my copro monitoring drop hugely and bottom out, is anyone else seeing this? Possibly a mobo issue? i bought a nzxt internal USB 2.0 hub but made no difference

Well i've been through a new h100i plat as the firmware update icue suggested bricked it in the process, new cooler and still the same issues. The only thing i was hoping someone could comment on for me is when icue is running, i get stutters and freezes like everyone else it seems, but when these happen the 12v 5v and 3.3v voltages in the right hand side of my copro monitoring drop hugely and bottom out, is anyone else seeing this? Possibly a mobo issue? i bought a nzxt internal USB 2.0 hub but made no difference

Was that CoPro one that came with the case? I have my suspicions they got a bunch of dodgy units and never checked them before shoving them in the case I had at the time (Obsidian 500D SE). Also is it a 2 wire power model? Because I was seeing 12, 5 and 3.3v that were low but not horribly so tended to see 11.49, 4.8 and 3.0 on those with the CoPro in it.

Mostly for my own curiosity. Wish I could give you a better answer but short of going to [insert store here], buying one then returning the "bad" one should that be the problem it will be an act of God to get this resolved. And it's only shady if you do it. What I can tell you is that it is NOT a motherboard issue or any other hardware/software issue beyond the Corsair products. Buckle up it is going to be a long ride.

No it was one bought individually, When i get the usb disconnect sound or an icue hitch the voltages drop from from 12v to 0.51, 5v rasies to 12.00 and 3 raises to 4.97... im watching the graph now as im typing this. Literally no idea whats going on, i've got a self test on the PSU and a few spare sata cables about so i'll try swapping. Any ideas for me?

First thing to do is take it out, flaky stuff powering equipment is a no no. Then return it or RMA it.

And on the off chance the firmware needs an update make sure that has been done first. If still seeing the same after making sure remove it.

No it was one bought individually, When i get the usb disconnect sound or an icue hitch the voltages drop from from 12v to 0.51, 5v rasies to 12.00 and 3 raises to 4.97... im watching the graph now as im typing this. Literally no idea whats going on, i've got a self test on the PSU and a few spare sata cables about so i'll try swapping. Any ideas for me?

That sounds like a potential conflict. Are you running any other monitoring software that reads from the Commander Pro? HWInfo?

That sounds like a potential conflict. Are you running any other monitoring software that reads from the Commander Pro? HWInfo?

I've uninstalled everything i can think of, the only other software i have running is razer synapse, been through a whole troubleshooting process most today, unplugged fans individually etc, just about to try without synapse, i do have hwinfo64 installed but not running?

I've uninstalled everything i can think of, the only other software i have running is razer synapse, been through a whole troubleshooting process most today, unplugged fans individually etc, just about to try without synapse, i do have hwinfo64 installed but not running?

If HWInfo has the persistent driver installed, this can cause the issue in the background. With HWInfo, it's important to have the Corsair/Asetek support disabled, even if you aren't running it all the time - because of that persistent driver. The other option is to disable the persistent driver as well.

I don't think that Synapse will cause issues.

Ok, desperate now. new commander pro, nothings changed. Constant disconnects and the same voltage fluctuations as written above? im positive its not the PSU, its powering everything else in the build with no stability issues at all. any ideas?even tried older versions of icue.

Hi all,

Just wanted to drop an update about the USB disconnect issue on Platinum coolers. It looks like we may have found a solution to the problem and are working on a fix. Thanks for all the emails with system specs and iCUE dumps. I am working with the cooling product manager on when we can give a more detailed update but I should have something soon.

Hi all,

Just wanted to drop an update about the USB disconnect issue on Platinum coolers. It looks like we may have found a solution to the problem and are working on a fix. Thanks for all the emails with system specs and iCUE dumps. I am working with the cooling product manager on when we can give a more detailed update but I should have something soon.

Even though I have no issues (currently) would it be possible to get a rundown of what the heck was wrong Mike? Really curious to know what the issue was/is.

I would if I could. I bug the cooling team almost everyday about this issue and they are actively working on it. Hopefully I can have something more concrete than "I think we found it" to share soon. I will post here the moment they give me the go ahead to share details and hopefully a permanent fix.

I would if I could. I bug the cooling team almost everyday about this issue and they are actively working on it. Hopefully I can have something more concrete than "I think we found it" to share soon. I will post here the moment they give me the go ahead to share details and hopefully a permanent fix.

That's all I ask. Thank you for the reply and apparently you guys are burning some serious oil over there to be this active on a Sunday. No reason not to explain the issue once it is tracked down and fixed.

That's all I ask. Thank you for the reply and apparently you guys are burning some serious oil over there to be this active on a Sunday. No reason not to explain the issue once it is tracked down and fixed.

I'm with you. I'd like very much for an explanation as to why I've had a broken product for 8 months, the curiosity is literally eating me alive.

H150i Pro with 6 LL120 fans, added commander pro and 3 more LL120 fans and this started occurring almost right away.

I'm going to reach out to Corsair directly, but is there an existing global ticket that can be referenced when doing that?

H150i Pro with 6 LL120 fans, added commander pro and 3 more LL120 fans and this started occurring almost right away.

I'm going to reach out to Corsair directly, but is there an existing global ticket that can be referenced when doing that?

First, that's a Pro cooler. So the issue you are facing is completely unrelated to the issue in this thread (which is specific to the Platinum cooler). And yes, it's unrelated, even if the symptoms are similar or the same. Totally different cooler (even a different OEM), totally different driver, totally different everything.

Now that that's out of the way, how about creating a new thread for your specific issue. Including it here just confuses things.

First, that's a Pro cooler. So the issue you are facing is completely unrelated to the issue in this thread (which is specific to the Platinum cooler). And yes, it's unrelated, even if the symptoms are similar or the same. Totally different cooler (even a different OEM), totally different driver, totally different everything.

Now that that's out of the way, how about creating a new thread for your specific issue. Including it here just confuses things.

That's quite a condescending response for someone simply asking if there is already a global ticket they can reference to save some time.

As I did mention, I'm going to reach out to Corsair and I'm not looking for support in this thread. I'm looking for the existing ticket, so I can explain to support the symptoms are similar.

just an update on my own issues, swapped out the motherboard, same model asus hero xi, issues completely resolved. No voltage irregularities and USB disconnects completely gone. Went back to using the co pro with zero issues. So would like to add that if you can find your own specific root cause it can be cured and when it works it's excellent.

So, kind of just adding a "happening to me too" post, but I'll elaborate either way. This is my first AIO (h115i rgb platinum), replacing a Noctua NH-U14S which I really loved, but wanted the better looks and check how a good AIO could improve my temps since I live on a hot place and don't have air conditioning.

I installed it yesterday and everything seemed normal, left the fans and pump config on defaults (quiet and balanced respectively). Today I started playing a game while recording on OBS, and then started noticing the usb disconnect sound on my headset every now and then.

At one point I removed my headset and the fans were super super loud, like Ive never heard my PC before. I went and opened iCUE and both fans were around 2000 RPM and I my case was super super hot to the touch (granted, I never touched my case on my previous hardware config while on heavy load so I don't know how different it is now).

So I panicked, stopped playing and started toying around with a custom config for the fans. The fans then seem kind of quiet, but slowly started going fast again and then the usb disconnect sound happened, and the fans went back to quiet again, so I'm not sure if my custom config was doing something wrong.

Now I have everything on the default Quiet preset, but it was weird that even before changing all this, the fans were on Quiet and the pump on Balanced, and things got super loud while playing.

As I said, it's my first AIO, so I have no idea if any of this is to be expected or if the usb disconnect bug is at fault here. I've checked several reviews of this product and everyone speaks really well of it, even using my case (NZXT h500) which doesn't have the best airflow, so I'll keep using it and see how it behaves on different scenarios.

And hopefully the Corsair guys release an update for the bug soon :D