Corsair Community

500D Model: CC-9011116-WW USB3 Type-C gen2

Pir8pete101

Hey guys as I asked in the first post; I really need to know if this is Gen2 = 10Gbps on this case???

Here's some info for you guys to read to better understand what I'm asking!!!

https://www.avadirect.com/blog/usb-3-1-vs-3-0-vs-usb-type-c-thunderbolt-difference/

Similarly, a USB Type-C port may support USB 3.1, 3.0 or even USB 2.0, so just because you see the new port, doesn’t mean that it can transfer data at high speeds or provide 100W of power. When you see the term USB 3.1 Gen 1, this is just a fancy name for USB 3.0, and provides speeds up to 5Gbps. USB 3.1 Gen 2 is the new name for USB 3.1 which provides speeds up to 10Gbps. Confused yet? It can certainly be hard to tell if your computer has USB 3.1 Gen 1 or USB 3.1 Gen 2 ports.

USB 3.0 and USB 3.1 are almost the same thing. The USB Implementers Forum, the group responsible for developing, publishing, and certifying USB ports and standards has said that “the USB 3.1 specification absorbed USB 3.0, meaning the terms USB 3.0 and USB 3.1 Gen 1 are synonymous.” For marketers of products this is a wonderful news, but for consumers it is just additional confusion. In marketing materials USB 3.1 Gen 1 (or Rev1) is referred to as SuperSpeed USB or just SuperSpeed; while USB 3.1 Gen 2 (or Rev2) is referred to as SuperSpeed USB 10Gbps, or “SuperSpeed +.” The USB logo on the product will be surrounded by a battery if it has the USB Power Delivery 100W feature.

And here's an even new update;

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/usb-3-2-explained-making-sense-of-current-and-confusing-usb-standard/

::::USB 3.2 versions::::
New name:         Old name:       Original name:  SuperSpeed name:        Max speed
USB 3.2 Gen 2x2   N/A             USB 3.2         SuperSpeed USB 20Gbps   20Gbps
USB 3.2 Gen 2     USB 3.1 Gen 2   USB 3.1         SuperSpeed USB 10Gbps   10Gbps
USB 3.2 Gen 1     USB 3.1 Gen 1   USB 3.0         SuperSpeed USB          5Gbps

Edited by Pir8pete101