Corsair Community

Corsair LL120 fans (where to connect 8 RGB fans?)

Lundon

Hi all! First new build in ages and never had RGB issues in the past (since it didn't exist). I have the Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM (with 2 preinstalled LL120 RGB fans), 1 Corsair LL140 RGB fan and 5 addition LL120 RGB fans I've installed as case fans. I have the Node PRO controller so the 3 LL120's that are installed at the front of the case are plugged into the controller. The back LL140 is also plugged into the controller. And I planned to the install the last 2 LL120's into the case and into the controller as well.

Here's my first question, the 2 LL120's that installed on the radiator on the H100i, I assume they can't be connected in some way to the other controller to sync with the case fans. I assume it has to be on it's own system. And I assume it can still be controlled and synched with the other fans in some respect with Corsair's iCue software?

Also, each fan has 2 wires. One that controls the RGB and a 4 pin connector. On my motherboard (Asus Maximus Code XI) I see a bunch of 4 pin connections. Some of these are named things like "RGB HEADER1", "FAN3", "CHA_FAN2", "W_PUMP", "RGB HEADER2", "ADD_HEADER2" (this one is missing the 3rd pin spot on the connection so it's actually 3 pins). And then near the CPU cooler itself there's 2 more 4 pin connections labelled "AIO_PUMP" and "CHA_FAN1". Can any of these be used for plugging in all these fans? I've also read I can connect them straight to the PSU but I don't know if that affects the RBG syncing. I've also heard about using a splitter.

Last question. 2 cables coming from the AIO cooler I'm not sure what to do with. It's a flat cable and splits into 2 connections. Both have 4 pins coming out and one of them has a #1 printed on it. I have yet to figure out where to connect that.

Sorry if these are noobish questions! Thank you all for the help!

• Corsair Employee

Sounds like you have a Platinum cooler. Are you trying to sync the RPM and RGB?

If it's a Platinum cooler, the pump head will have all the connectors you need for the fans/rgb. Look for the two cables that are labeled with a "1" on them. This is where the fans will connect into. One connector is designed to power the fans and the other for the LEDs. Once you connect them, be sure to hook up the Micro-USB that comes with your unit into your motherboard. This will allow you to control the fans/RGB portion.

Once this is complete, open up iCue and navigate to your cooler. Click on “Lighting Effects” and add a new effect. From there you can choose our “Lighting Link” option that’s available from the drop-down menu, which will allow you to sync the LEDs.

I have the Hydro H150i Pro RGB. I am about to buy extra LL fans and a commander pro. At the moment my 3 radiator fan headers are connected to the 3 way splitter that came with the system.

I want to fit 3 LL fans to the radiator then somehow control them through commander Pro and iQue. In what way would I connect the 3 fan headers to the commander Pro?

Would I connect the 3 fins to the splitter and then connect the one header to Commander pro?

Would I connect the 3 fans separately to commander pro?

Would I just connect the splitter to a motherboard header?

Edited by FlashCW

I have the Hydro H150i Pro RGB. I am about to buy extra LL fans and a commander pro. At the moment my 3 radiator fan headers are connected to the 3 way splitter that came with the system.

I want to fit 3 LL fans to the radiator then somehow control them through commander Pro and iQue. In what way would I connect the 3 fan headers to the commander Pro?

Would I connect the 3 fins to the splitter and then connect the one header to Commander pro?

Would I connect the 3 fans separately to commander pro?

Would I just connect the splitter to a motherboard header?

The power and speed control part is easy. The H150i has 3 powered fan channels. 3 LL120s go there. The remaining will go on the Commander Pro — all individually controllable. It is preferable to keep the H150i fans on the cooler’s controller vs the C-Pro. That ensures they will operate off coolant temp, with or without software running and protect itself. The H150i has a “dummy” lead that goes on cpu-fan to prevent the boot error and report a pump speed to the BIOS.

For example, I have the Corsair H115i RGB Platinum, wich have two ML 140 fans. Wich is the best way to connect them, for to be sure that the cooler fans will be able to work properly, even in case the Icue software doesn’t work ? It is the same like in previous case ? Sorry for my annoyance. If somebody will create a diagram with all the connections for this cooler, that will be very usefull for me. Thank you. Edited by Violett

Yes, I know this diagram. Thank you. Seems this is the classic conection, with all the fans connected to the Commander Pro. I don’t understand very well from the diagram, sorry for my confusion, this is my first build, I am a beginner.

I see in this diagram 5 LL fans and 2 ML fans on the radiator, but in the same time only 6 green lines imput on the Commander Pro. I am still confused.

I have the Obsidian 500D SE RGB, so tottaly 4 LL120 fans ( 3 on the front of the case and 1 on the back ), plus 2 ML140 fans on the radiator. I have 4 Corsair RGB led strips too.

My question is about what @c-attack have mentioned above that “ it is preferable to keep the fans on the cooler’s controller versus the Commander Pro, that ensure they will operate off coolant temp with or without software runing and protect itself “.

I am interesed about this conection type and a diagram with this situation, when the radiator fans are connected to cooler’ controller, not to the Commander Pro.

Thank you very much.

https://imgur.com/ICBYkWk

The diagram is like this ? But I see that the Corsair PSU is connected via USB with the Commander Pro. But I don’t have a Corsair PSU. I have a Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 1000W PSU, wich don’t have such a connector.

I don’t know what to do.

Edited by Violett

Oh, I understand now. Thank you so much.

This way, can I sync the RGB lights of the ML fans to the others, by the Icue software, since they are arn’t connected to the Commander Pro ?

Edited by Violett