View Single Post
Old 09-10-2018, 08:58 PM
Yanta's PC Specs

POST ID # = 972222
Yanta Reputation: 10

So, I guess; Go buy another cooler. Take this one back to the retailer, who in 3 - 6 weeks will give me a replacement and then just keep cycling through replacements every 6 - 9 months (I assume the replacement maintains the original Warranty period rather than saying a replacement voids all further warranties).

The retailer no longer sells the generation I have - Only the Pro generation, but may be Ingram Micro (The Australian Distributor), or Corsair (where ever the retailer sends it), will have the same cooler I have. But at some point they are going to have to go Pro. I'm guessing they'll ask for me to cover the cost difference, which is about $45 - $50 AUD.

If there is only one OEM (Asetek, right?), Then all brands are going to be the same, so it's pointless changing brands.

The rattling is in the pump. I can hear it clearly when the system is not under heavy workloads (which is 99% of the time)

Or I just get used to paying up to $400 per year every year for coolers? That's crazy - Actually - it's worse than that. I Have 10 PCs all with Corsair coolers.

EDIT: According to http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=930625 the Pro's were released in the US about Jan 2018. We didn't see them in stores here until March at least. So there's little to no reliability data yet. It's only been 6 months. It will be interesting to see what failure rates occur over the next 6-12 months.

EDIT 2: The H150i Pro is listed as having a 47cfm airflow and 1.78 mmH2O static pressure. Is the airflow PER fan, or 47cfm total across the 3 fans (so <18cfm per fan). The H115i Pro lists the airflow at 104cfm with a 3.99 static pressure. Are the specs the same - are we comparing apples for apples? If they are apples for apples, how can the H150i with half the static pressure and half the airflow be more efficient, or at least as efficient, as the H115i?

Last edited by Yanta; 09-10-2018 at 10:34 PM.