Corsair Community

Support Ticket.

CybaGirl

Hello Peeps, can someone please tell me how long it can take for a support ticket to be answered as I posted a ticket a week ago and haven't heard back yet.

I have a Corsair H100i that is brand new and still factory sealed. Although it has been sitting for some time now in my cupboard and the other week I installed it on my dedicated gaming PC but it seems that the pump has been seized as it does not run. The fans I replaced with Corsair ML120 Pro LED turn on and everything is connected as it should be (just so you know I've been in the IT industry for over thirty years and have my own computer business and stock and sell Corsair products) so I know I have done everything right.

I understand you are very busy. But can someone please have a look at my ticket number as soon as they can?

Ticket ID: #2000761337

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,

Erica

Your best option would be to send a PM to Corsair Kevin with the ticket details. Being the weekend it might be a couple days before you get a reply.

All that aside, if you have only been waiting a week you are doing better than most.

What makes you say that the pump seized? Not very common to get one that bad out of the box. Another thing you should check is the lot that cooler came from. There was a recall on a batch of them a couple months ago, so do double check that the unit is not one of the 1852 units. http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=186413.

And awesome on being in the business, need more women in tech you ask me.

Hope this gets resolved for you in a timely manner but with the way things have been as of late so it will likely remain a bumpy ride until Corsair gets their act together.

Hello Waukeen, and thank you for taking the time to reply to my post.

I believe the pump to be seized because when I touch the pump I cannot feel anything moving and when the fans are disconnected I cannot hear any noise from the pump.

Also when I go into the BIOS and look at the temps and fan speed the fan speed says 0 and the temps climb really fast up to and around 95 degrees. So this is what makes me think that the pump is seized.

Thank you for the link and I have read about this issue with those particular models. But I have an early H100i the one that had mounting issues which needed washers put on the mounting bracket that goes on the motherboard.

Although I never took this advice it seems that I need to add washers as well as after pulling off the pump it seems it wasn't making good contact either.

Maybe I am better off with another cooler anyway rather than trying to get this one fixed. With the issues of Corsair water cooling coolers I just don't know if I should now order in a Corsair Hydro Series H100x or I am thinking of getting a ID-COOLING FrostFlow X 240 instead.

Don't get me wrong I love Corsair products and everything inside my dedicated gaming computer is basically Corsair apart from the case and a couple of fans. I just don't know if I can trust their water coolers anymore after reading some articles.

Once again thank for taking the time to reply and have a great day :).

Hello Waukeen, and thank you for taking the time to reply to my post.

I believe the pump to be seized because when I touch the pump I cannot feel anything moving and when the fans are disconnected I cannot hear any noise from the pump.

Also when I go into the BIOS and look at the temps and fan speed the fan speed says 0 and the temps climb really fast up to and around 95 degrees. So this is what makes me think that the pump is seized.

Thank you for the link and I have read about this issue with those particular models. But I have an early H100i the one that had mounting issues which needed washers put on the mounting bracket that goes on the motherboard.

Although I never took this advice it seems that I need to add washers as well as after pulling off the pump it seems it wasn't making good contact either.

Maybe I am better off with another cooler anyway rather than trying to get this one fixed. With the issues of Corsair water cooling coolers I just don't know if I should now order in a Corsair Hydro Series H100x or I am thinking of getting a ID-COOLING FrostFlow X 240 instead.

Don't get me wrong I love Corsair products and everything inside my dedicated gaming computer is basically Corsair apart from the case and a couple of fans. I just don't know if I can trust their water coolers anymore after reading some articles.

Once again thank for taking the time to reply and have a great day :).

No trouble. And sucks that the pump be DOA regardless.

You are right about the AIOs being nothing but trouble lately, and while I say this next part with a little bit of bile in my throat due to the issues I have had with Corsair, the H115i Platinum is working like a charm. Keeps the 9900K under 70°C under full synthetic load running for a hour at 5.1/all.

Let us know how you get along :)

Cheers

Edited by Technobeard
Rule 9

No trouble. And sucks that the pump be DOA regardless.

You are right about the AIOs being nothing but trouble lately, and while I say this next part with a little bit of bile in my throat due to the issues I have had with Corsair, the H115i Platinum is working like a charm. Keeps the 9900K under 70°C under full synthetic load running for a hour at 5.1/all.

Let us know how you get along :)

Cheers

Hey Waukeen and thanks for your message :).

My friend has a Corsair H115 and he loves it and has never had a single issue with it and like you keeps his 9700K cool.

For me I guess it doesn't matter what water cooler I go with as you won't see anything anyway as it's hidden by the video card and although the case has a side window it's small so you basically only see the video card as shown in this photo.

xpredator-side-view.jpg

Edited by Technobeard
Rule 9

And I had to check out the website, please tell me that the dog helps with the repairs :) The little guy looks like he's about to hop on a FPS and ruin some PFY's night :)

That's Cooper James when he was a puppy :biggrin:.

Isn't he gorgeous although he is no longer a puppy anymore and how good is that photo? Taken at the right time and place. He is loved so very much and is spoilt rotten and gets to sleep on our bed every night with his two brothers and sister. He also follows me everywhere I go and currently he is laying at my feet with his head on my foot.

We rescued him from the pound and can you believe he was dumped on the side of the road at only three months old to fend for himself? I will never understand how anyone could do such a thing :mad:.

None the less he has a beautiful life now and yes he helps with repairs and I have a racing simulator setup here that I will get him to drive on one of these days :p:.

racing-sim-00.jpg

Sadly, I can believe someone would do that as something similar happened to a kat up here recently. Really wish the person who did crap like that could be tossed out of a car moving at high speed to see how they like it.

But you definitely got that one at the right time.

As for the driving simulator....jealous.

That seems pretty definitive to me. Wow, look at those rivets in the side of the radiator! That is the older square block H100i. Make sure you track down a copy the purchase invoice. You will need it for the RMA, if you go that route. Hard to say much about the H100i. Dead in the box was not a common problem for that model, but then I don't know how long it has been around. Still, seems like an electrical fault rather than something else.

Normally I would suggest the Pro series 240mm as a replacement, but for your set-up the H100x makes sense. That model has a more limited release area and we don't get in the US. Not a lot of discussion traffic (or complaints) regarding it. It is a CoolIT model vs the Asetek origins of the Pro series, if that matters.