View Single Post
Old 07-13-2019, 05:33 PM
Banned
Waukeen's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1011100
Waukeen Reputation: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CybaGirl View Post
Hello Waukeen, and thank you for taking the time to reply to my post.

I believe the pump to be seized because when I touch the pump I cannot feel anything moving and when the fans are disconnected I cannot hear any noise from the pump.

Also when I go into the BIOS and look at the temps and fan speed the fan speed says 0 and the temps climb really fast up to and around 95 degrees. So this is what makes me think that the pump is seized.

Thank you for the link and I have read about this issue with those particular models. But I have an early H100i the one that had mounting issues which needed washers put on the mounting bracket that goes on the motherboard.

Although I never took this advice it seems that I need to add washers as well as after pulling off the pump it seems it wasn't making good contact either.

Maybe I am better off with another cooler anyway rather than trying to get this one fixed. With the issues of Corsair water cooling coolers I just don't know if I should now order in a Corsair Hydro Series H100x or I am thinking of getting a ID-COOLING FrostFlow X 240 instead.

Don't get me wrong I love Corsair products and everything inside my dedicated gaming computer is basically Corsair apart from the case and a couple of fans. I just don't know if I can trust their water coolers anymore after reading some articles.

Once again thank for taking the time to reply and have a great day :).
No trouble. And sucks that the pump be DOA regardless.

You are right about the AIOs being nothing but trouble lately, and while I say this next part with a little bit of bile in my throat due to the issues I have had with Corsair, the H115i Platinum is working like a charm. Keeps the 9900K under 70C under full synthetic load running for a hour at 5.1/all.

Let us know how you get along :)

Cheers

Last edited by Technobeard; 07-14-2019 at 07:57 AM. Reason: Rule 9