Corsair Community

iCUE v3.27.68 Patch Notes

Corsair James

I appear to have found a solution to the disappearing system info. You must completely remove the old version by uninstalling and then deleting the corsair folder from program files before installing 3.27. After doing that I now have system info and all stats appear to work correctly.

i did that and reg cleaned, had that issue also black screen of death and gpu fans going to full, this version and last was horrendous, a years old fault and its getting worse.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

new bug! lagging when watching YouTube or Twitch when having the Icue up on a monitor.

I had this issue before. Try turning on global Vsync in your Nvidia control panel or for your browser under manage 3D settings. That should fix it, I don't think iCUE is the culprit here.... but it might be.

Getting a Corsar Display Adapter Error in System Health on restart or shutdown.

Was getting this with the last version also but not with the v3.25.60 that i downgraded to before.

3.27.07 is the version number of Corsair.Service.DisplayAdapter.exe.

Edited by Widde

The color tic idea you used to identify the fans for order and orientation was brilliant. Could you please add this to the DIMM SETUP as well? Adding a color marker to the top of each stick would make that process so much simpler. Thanks! Also, anybody else getting weird thermal readouts? Looks like 20 digit long numbers and the MAX TEMP recording always says 0.00C... Edited by Xavierthe15
Added info.

This version is still bugged with the reboots caused by CorsairGamingAudioConfig service.

Computer seems to crash with: "The CorsairGamingAudioConfig service failed to start due to the following error:

The system cannot find the file specified."

Please fix this!

There are much more people with the same crashes, for example:

https://forum.corsair.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=191255

It is probably me but to be honest i find the new naming and categories utterly confusing.

E.g. what is the difference between Actions and Hardware Actions :confused::question::thinking:

Is there a proper manual which explains everything? I can't find it and its long overdue if you ask me.

Furthermore, I used to have "profile A" active in windows. When I play a game, the "game profile" becomes active and when I quit the game or alt-tab to windows, Profile A automatically becomes active again.

With this new version of icue, after switching all keys stay unlit. Why ?

Same here.

This all makes no sense.

Bad design choice.

Actions are now the old software profile approach, I guess.

And Hardware Actions, as the name suggests is used for profiles saved on the hardware.

So it is now possible to do software and hardware profiles in one single profile.

But why isn't it possible to copy the actions from the software profile onto the hardware profile?

When I want my software profile to be the same as the hardware profile I have to replicate all settings one by one.

Or did I miss something?

I only use iCUE for my mouse,

why do the background services use 1-5% CPU? I only use static lightning.

I replicated my software profile to a hardware profile and disabled autostart for ICUE and its services.

Then those little things...

- Create a new action give it a name, edit the action (assign keyboard button combination for example), iCUE changes the name of the action to some generic one, why?

- Save the action to the action library, edit the action again, save it to the action library again, did it got replaced? No, you have to search for the old action yourself and delete it

Excuse my words but this so bad, almost as bad as win10 x)

Edited by schm0

• Corsair Employee
Same here.

This all makes no sense.

Bad design choice.

Actions are now the old software profile approach, I guess.

And Hardware Actions, as the name suggests is used for profiles saved on the hardware.

So it is now possible to do software and hardware profiles in one single profile.

But why isn't it possible to copy the actions from the software profile onto the hardware profile?

When I want my software profile to be the same as the hardware profile I have to replicate all settings one by one.

Or did I miss something?

I only use iCUE for my mouse,

why do the background services use 1-5% CPU? I only use static lightning.

I replicated my software profile to a hardware profile and disabled autostart for ICUE and its services.

Then those little things...

- Create a new action give it a name, edit the action (assign keyboard button combination for example), iCUE changes the name of the action to some generic one, why?

- Save the action to the action library, edit the action again, save it to the action library again, did it got replaced? No, you have to search for the old action yourself and delete it

Excuse my words but this so bad, almost as bad as win10 x)

The sad reality is Software Actions can allow for more options than Hardware Actions. This is why I had to separate them. If all of the Actions were 1:1, then I would have been able to avoid this scenario.

As for the little things:

1.) You are right. This is something I missed. If you edit the name, changing an action shouldn't change the name. I will resolve this in the future.

2.) This is working as intended. We wanted to make sure actions in the library don't get overwritten in case the changes were not intended.

Was just about to update and thought I would check here first. A update last year screwed up everything so now I check here first before updating iCUE. Glad I did. Everything is running fine on my last update so I'll stay here again until issues are fixed.

Since updating to this version, I've noticed the LED's on my Asus Crosshair VIII motherboard will sometimes freeze on whatever color was cycling through at the moment, and won't resume working until a reboot. I've been using the Asus plugin since the beta started without issue, but the newest update seems to have this occasional glitch.

The sad reality is Software Actions can allow for more options than Hardware Actions. This is why I had to separate them. If all of the Actions were 1:1, then I would have been able to avoid this scenario.

As for the little things:

1.) You are right. This is something I missed. If you edit the name, changing an action shouldn't change the name. I will resolve this in the future.

2.) This is working as intended. We wanted to make sure actions in the library don't get overwritten in case the changes were not intended.

Well, James, I understand this, someone made a bad choice and you are the guy you have to fix this now, isn't it?

Before this update, I used a different color for the Profile button on the keyboard in my hardware profiles, in order to distinguish them from the software profiles.

This is no longer possible. I would need separate special-button-color-settings for the hardware/software "modes" of a profile.

If I just create separate profiles again, like I used to, then the problem is that iCUE will (since the new version) cycle through both hardware and software profiles.

When I first got my AIO, I was also plagued by the USB Disconnect bug, but that was eventually fixed with a patch and remained fixed until this latest update where it is happening again! I am tired of this Corsair. The only reason I haven't RMA yet is because I can't be bothered to deal with the hassle of removing my cooler again, reinserting my old fan based cooler and waiting for a new one to install again, for it to likely do the same.

AS well as this, FOR MONTHS, my second ML fan has been messed up and is super noisy compared to the left one and refuses to spin up properly as well as constantly winding up and down with a grinding noise. I have checked and there are no obstructions. It is just a faulty fan.

Do you need the commander pro to rotate the fan leds or are the hd120s and lighting node pro alone not supported? Mine wont let me do this. would be so much easier to work with if i could rotate them since the way i have them setup in my case they are rotated from the icue software display for them. bottom fan led is my top led on icue and vice versa.

Having dashboard open now uses a lot more resources than before update. Usage before patch 1-1.5 % 9900k, new patch 5-8 % of 9900k.

I found the dashboard is now using same refresh rate as monitor, before the dashboard was running at 24fps, now on mine icue dashboard running at 144 fps.

One good thing about Nvidia fps counter showing up on icue dashboard, shows why the increase in resources used.

I found the dashboard is now using same refresh rate as monitor, before the dashboard was running at 24fps, now on mine icue dashboard running at 144 fps.

One good thing about Nvidia fps counter showing up on icue dashboard, shows why the increase in resources used.

I think this is a fundamental issue. iCue should not be running "like a game". It didn't used to do this until a couple of releases ago (or possibly an Nvidia update). It now clashes with other gfx accelerated apps/games as a result.

I have mentioned this in a number of threads and the same people just blame Nvidia. I still think Corsair has a responsibility here though - at least provide some concise guidance on how to work around it - like a defintiive list of exclusions to use in Nvidia control panel etc.

In case anyone's ASUS plugin stopped working after an update, I fixed it by disabling and re-enabling plugins in the iCUE settings! Hopefully it helps someone, my CPU cooler and IO panel being stuck on white was getting really annoying.

In case anyone's ASUS plugin stopped working after an update, I fixed it by disabling and re-enabling plugins in the iCUE settings! Hopefully it helps someone, my CPU cooler and IO panel being stuck on white was getting really annoying.

At random, i have this issue happening, as well as iCUE loading at 100% the CPU cores it runs on (20 - 25% CPU usage on a 9700K while running in background).

Closing iCUE doesn't work and i have to kill teh task to restart it, and it goes back to normal for a few hours.

It doesn't seem to be frequent, i have it happen everyday, but maybe once, or twice, not every 5 minutes.

I start keeping the task manager open to check how quickly it comes back, but weird problem indeed.

I imagine the loss of Aura control could be linked to that

I'd say the fixes are nice but wait a little for users to try it out and report any more bugs. The sleep mode dying was not a great one to experience and the constant iCue crashing for updating Ram RGB.

I'm sticking with 3.26 for a bit since it's been very stable. It just doesn't play well if you have Mystic Light running as well. I notice that would cause my Ram to disconnect and I'd have to close iCue and reopen every once in a while. It be nice to run both or if iCue could manage my MSI Mobo lighting as well so I don't have to do the uninstall dance with Mystic Light.