Corsair Community

Void Pro Wireless sidetone stays muted after unmuting mic

22/08/2019, latest firmware and still no fix.

I had the Wireless Yellowjacket edition but the mic boom snapped before 12 months so RMA'd but received a Void Pro Wireless (Yellow) as replacement because Yellowjacket is discontinued. This one has the auto mute flip function, which i absolutely bloody hate, whereas the yellowjacket didnt. I am using a Blue Yeti as my microphone now so the mic boom doesnt snap again, but the yeti's sidetone is unsatisfactory compared to the void, so i still use the voids mic as a sidetone but raised. So you can imagine my frustration.

How has this bug been on the list of things to do for this long and not been implemented yet? Let alone giving me an option to turn the bloody auto-mute thing off because its driving me up the wall. Whenever i put the headset down, MICROPHONE MUTED, so my sidetone is buggered. Accidentally push the mic up too far MICROPHONE MUTED, and my sidetone buggered again.

Corsair, this is absolutely piss poor on your part. This has been a KNOWN BUG for 1 1/2 years and we still havent received a bug fix. This is unacceptable.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Wish I had seen this thread sooner. I have the wireless void and was having the feedback mute issue. I contacted Corsair support and after telling me the usual "update drivers" and "reinstall software" stuff they RMA my headset which cost me £8 to send back. Fair play they sent out another headset within two days but guess what??? Yes still have the issue ffs.

What a waist of money

• 2 months later...
December 2019 here and I get this same issue. The original post is from 2018. Holy cow are you telling me this still isn't fixed??!! I bought my headset just under a month ago.

Pretty incredible isn't it?

Just updated icue v 3.23.66

I will report back after some usage.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee
Our development team is aware of this behavior, and reviewing options for correcting it. We'll provide an update once it is implemented. In the meantime, a workaround is opening your Windows Sound Settings by right clicking your speaker in system tray, or opening iCUE and adjusting sidetone volume or disabling->re-enabling it.

tldr; it got worse but I got back to square one fixed that problem

Had the side tone go completely out and wouldn't come back there for a bit. Updated the firmware, software, and restarted my computer a couple times, tried the adjusting/turning on and off of the sidetone trick to no avail. Almost broke down and used the windows default one *ew

Then I decided to mess with the lighting. Somehow turning it from blink to static color fixed the problem. Still will go out if I mute the mic, but at least I'm back on the bus with the rest of yall again with a workaround-able problem. If that happens to anyone else, try messing with your lighting settings. I doubt that shoddy explanation will help the devs find a solution (assuming they are still looking), but I'll put it here anyway. 2 year of a mainline item being bugged is definitely memable. Wonder if a public backlash meme campaign would motivate corporate to prioritize this bug. To the reddit-mobile!

All honesty I love the headphones for every other feature, but this bug is C R I P P L I N G my ability to further recommend them to any of my friends.

Edited by TyTheTieTyer

In my experience I have found that this happens when I start pressing the button too quickly. If I turn the mic on and notice there is no sidetone I usually try and give it a good 10 seconds before I press and hold the mic button to get sidetone to come back on. Press the button too quickly results in all kinds of weirdness. Sometimes I can get it into a state where iCUE and the voice feedback are telling me that the mic is off, but I am still getting sidetone and can hear myself talk. Other times it shows both are on and I have no sidetone. Usually if I turn the mic on wait for the beep or voice confirmation, and if I have no sidetone give it a good 10 count and then press and hold the button until sidetone comes on it works fine.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Our development team is aware of this behavior, and reviewing options for correcting it. We'll provide an update once it is implemented. In the meantime, a workaround is opening your Windows Sound Settings by right clicking your speaker in system tray, or opening iCUE and adjusting sidetone volume or disabling->re-enabling it.

Im surprised you microphone is even working.

I havent been able to get my mic to function since i bought it.

It just automutes as soon as i power on the headset, and i cant get it unmuted.

• 2 months later...
Please Fix it, it's ridiculous that we have to deal with it. It's a real pain in the *** during the covid-19 period because we have to use it multiple time per day. I seriously consider to buy another headset. I have bought a lot of Corsair product (keyboard, mice, memory, case, watercooler, headset). PLEASE FIX THIS.

I purchased the Void Pro a few month's ago over others because of the side tone feature but I absolutely hate them because the side tone function is broken and it looks like it has been for over 2 YEARS and now I'm past my BestBuy return time. I just can't wrap my head around the fact that Corsair still can't fix this like are you kidding me? If they can't fix something as simple as this there's no way I can rely on them with any product anymore. 2 PSU, 2 Keyboard, 1 mouse and now the VOID PRO but unfortunately this is where I have to end it and change companies.

• 2 weeks later...
I just had this issue, I originally used this headset on my PS4 with no issues whatsoever, and then after trying windows sonic audio, I turned it back to normal and my mic was not working. PLEASE FIX, this is an issue affecting much of the void pro users.

I bought HS70 PRO Wireless and issue is present with this headset too. Doubt that fix is in the works. Probably new Virtuoso also have this issue.

I'm in the same boat with an HS70 Pro Wireless.

Wish I had read this forum before purchasing it.