Corsair Community

M65 RGB Elite, Left click issues

may 6, 2020 I bought a

CORSAIR - M65 RGB Elite

CORSAIR - K70

And have had nothing but issues out of both these products you would think when spending this kind of money you would get quality products

RMA mouse due to left click issues on Aug 3, 2020 received a refurbished mouse on Aug 17, 2020 as of aug 24, 2020 the refurbished mouse already back to EXACT SAME ISSUE left click not working

as of Aug 20 2020 keyboard is having a weird issue of randomly typing keys I didn't press

Any way to tell where your current mouse is built? I don't have the box anymore. I had to stop using my M65 RGB Elite all together because of the problem. I'm currently using my Cooler Master CM310 I got a while ago for 12 dollars that has better click rates than this mouse does. I'm currently waiting on responses from my RMA request to see if I can get a replacement.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm having a left click issue and after updating the mouse firmware, it gave me more issue. Now im having left click issue and double clicking issue. Anyone experiencing the same?

Same thing here, for me all issues just started after the latest update (Mouse was only purchased in June)

Hello Everyone. Just posting here to say "Me too x3"

I bought Three Corsair RGB Elite mice, for home, work and laptop.

One failed first - same issue noted by others. Intermittent regular failure to register a left click. Right click works fine. so I ran through testing on different machines, resetting the firmware and reinstalling the drivers. Nothing worked. Got an RMA, paid for shipping, and they tell me a replacement is on the way.

Now the second and third mice have started having the same issue on different machines.

Made an account just to chime in, same issue with my Elite.

Thought it was my PC acting up at first. Really disappointed, my Sabre's wheel broke but was out of warranty, so I replaced it with this since I was happy with my other Corsair products but now I see there are so many mouse issues.

Mine was also made in China. The place I bought it is out of stock as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I originally posted in another thread that I came across from Google that seemed recently active, but it looks like this thread is more active so thought best to post here.

I am experiencing the same issues with my M65 Elite. I purchased it from Amazon UK on 12/08, it's now 14/10 so we're talking as near as makes no difference two months old. The problem has existed for at least a week, if not two, now so we're talking a month and a half to develop the fault. That's horrendous.

I agree that it's a hardware problem. For my particular setup, I have my personal gaming PC running Windows 10 & iCUE along with my Lenovo work laptop that is running Windows 10 without iCUE. Corporate policy means I cannot, nor do I have any desire to, install iCUE on this machine. I have no need for customisations on my work laptop as I'm just using it as a basic mouse here.

The fault exists on *both* machines, so I think that can rule out iCUE causing any problems and potentially any driver issues. Also should cut out any OS issues being two different machines. Both running Windows 10, but different versions. Work machine is on 1809. Personal machine is on whatever the latest and greatest is. 20H2? 2009? Something like that.

A great post by SteemSucker about how to replace the microswitches. It sounds like this is spot on the money for where the problem lies. Unfortunately I don't have enough faith in my soldering skills to even consider giving this a try... but also on principal, why should I have to do this? I've already paid good money for the mouse in the first place, it would be nice if it worked in the first place. It seems this is a known and fairly well documented issue, yet there doesn't appear to be any official acknowledgement from Corsair.

Also interesting to see regarding the China vs. Taiwan manufacturing differences. I have checked the label on mine and it is a made in China model.

I'm currently considering which option I want to take... send an RMA through and get another device sent through which will inevitably have the same defect as it seems they all do.... or request a refund from Amazon UK and use that money to purchase a similar mouse from a different brand.

I like the design and general feel of this mouse so I'm a little reluctant to return it and purhcase a different brand, but I don't know if I have much choice if I'm going to end up RMA'ing the device every 2-3 months.

Edit And a new, really useful feature just happened... It just locked up completely. RGB lights still happily flickering away, but no responsiveness at all. Disconnect and reconnected fixed it, but I seem to remember reading another poor customer in this thread who had the same experience. Hopefully this is less common than the left click issue.....

So I already got one replaced and when I did I bought another to hold me over while waiting for that one to RMA. So now the replacement one is doing the whole no left click unless you press it 2 or 3 times thing. So I am now using the one they sent me as the replacement. The new one only lasted 6 months, the very first one lasted almost a year. Why do they suck so bad? Sadly I rarely even game so it could not be to over clicking, even though it is a gaming mouse. Any suggestions on a replacement? Are there Corsair mice that last longer and have fewer problems that this one?

I just received a refurbished mouse from Corsair. Will see how long it lasts. Its China not Taiwan made. Anyone know what Corsair does exactly to their refurbished mice? Do they just replace the internal or externals because mine looks brand new.

I got a refurbished replacement too. But its still facing the same issue after awhile.

Hello. I've been having the same issue with the M65 Elite, and since so many people are having the problem I figured a software bug maybe? I tried using a macro in ICUE which retains the original key output for left click. After making the macro I haven't had the problem again, but it has only been an hour or so.

[Go to actions in ICUE for the M65 RGB ELITE, click the "+" icon next to actions. Click the dropdown menu (where it currently says "Macro.") Go to the right column and select "Remap mouse button." In settings select "Left Button", then click advanced. In advanced, tick the "Retain Original Key Output" box.]

**Hope this helps, best of luck and I will update here if it starts having the problem again :)**

Hello. I've been having the same issue with the M65 Elite, and since so many people are having the problem I figured a software bug maybe? I tried using a macro in ICUE which retains the original key output for left click. After making the macro I haven't had the problem again, but it has only been an hour or so.

[Go to actions in ICUE for the M65 RGB ELITE, click the "+" icon next to actions. Click the dropdown menu (where it currently says "Macro.") Go to the right column and select "Remap mouse button." In settings select "Left Button", then click advanced. In advanced, tick the "Retain Original Key Output" box.]

**Hope this helps, best of luck and I will update here if it starts having the problem again :)**

For me it was definitely a hardware issue. I could hear the click but it did not register. If I clicked on the button much harder it would work. So the switch was not detecting a press.

For me it was definitely a hardware issue. I could hear the click but it did not register. If I clicked on the button much harder it would work. So the switch was not detecting a press.

Yep Im 99% sure mine is too. Worked fine for 2 hours or so and now its not only not registering 60% of the time, its doubleclicking beyond belief. Sad!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This apparently worked for me, it's just been a few minutes and now it seems to register all clicks. Will update if anything changes.

***EDIT***

Still having issues with clicks not registering, but apparently it's a little better, weird...my cheap Logitech seems to be working better.

Edited by noahniuwa

Every couple of months i have to open my mouse up and realign the contact of the clicker itself. i believe its caused by me not applying equal pressure when i click(hitting the contact center and with equal pressure) causing the contact to shift to one side or the other. we are talking very minimal movement but can make it so the contact no longer makes contact. we can hear the click but nothing happens onscreen, meaning the contact spring is working but the contact itself is not hitting the target. so i simply open the mouse up and open the contact and visually inspect it, more often than not its the physical contact spot that needs to be moved slightly, which i gently push over to center the contact spring again.

This method is kind of tedious but if your looking to save money its worth a shot, main thing is not breaking anything. this video shows the inside contact, i personally avoid completely removing the contact as its very fragile and easy to break

Not my video but explains what you can do to fix the mouse, i have yet to use sandpaper personally. good luck.

[ame]

[/ame]