Corsair Community

Corsair Obsidian 1000D Build Log/How to Guide

Hey Zotty,

I'm planning to do something similar (to a much smaller scale!) with my build and I have a couple of questions.

I'm connecting the H150i and 3 LL120 fans to an ASUS Crosshair Hero VII.

- The Hero VII has 2 USB headers (similar to your mobo). I was thinking of connecting the AIO USB and the fan led hub USB to those headers, but I've read several people had problems with it.

Are you using both USB headers?

- Alternatively, I'm considering getting the Commander Pro. In that case: can I connect both the AIO USB and the fan hub USB to the CoPro, and just have one USB cable from the CoPro connected to the mobo? It looks like that's what you are doing in your build.

- As for the H150i fans should I connect them to the cable coming out of the AIO pump head or to the CoPro?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by sym30l1c

Hi dude..

Right..

Copro.. that's the way forward buddy. helps unify all control in one place with one piece of software, iCUE. Copro really is the heart of the Corsair Ecosystem imho.

Re H150i pro.. you also using the stock fans (push/pull)?

I would run the Rad fans for power (rpm) off the the H150i as this will ensure correct operation if iCUE happens not to be running for any reason.

if you are planning push/pull.. run the H150i fans off the the H150i and the LL fans off of the Commander Pro...

have you read my Faq thread?

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

Thanks!

Re H150i pro.. you also using the stock fans (push/pull)?

I'm using the stock fans, but I'm not doing push/pull with the RGB fans.

I'll use the stock fans with the radiator for exhaust, and use the RGB fans for intake.

I did. What I wasn't sure about is whether I could do

AIO USB ---> CoPro

Fan Hub USB ---> CoPro

CoPro USB ---> Mobo USB header

Now that I'm sure I can I'll go ahead and get the CoPro.

Thanks!

Fan Hub Usb dude?.... if you mean the RGB Fan LED Hub... that connects to one of the Commander Pros LED channels and it also has a Sata Power connection...

but yeah.. CoPro in Mobo usb header.... H150i into CoPro usb. (assuming) Rgb Fan LED Hub into CoPro LED Channel 1.. LL fans into RGB Fan LED Hub.. H150i Controlling it's own fans.....

Fan Hub Usb dude?.... if you mean the RGB Fan LED Hub... that connects to one of the Commander Pros LED channels and it also has a Sata Power connection...

but yeah.. CoPro in Mobo usb header.... H150i into CoPro usb. (assuming) Rgb Fan LED Hub into CoPro LED Channel 1.. LL fans into RGB Fan LED Hub.. H150i Controlling it's own fans.....

Yes! Sorry about that, I got confused. Last time I built a PC was in 2001...

It's the Lighting Pro that needs the USB, not the LED fan hub.

My initial problem was that H150i + LL120 RGB kit require 2 separate USB headers on Mobo because Lighting Pro (in the kit) needs one.

With CoPro I don't need the Lighting Pro and I can connect the H150i USB directly to the CoPro.

Thanks!

Yes! Sorry about that, I got confused. Last time I built a PC was in 2001...

Welcome back Brother!!! kids now Grown up?? :D :D this was me a few years back lol.. gave up pc's and went console while parenting.....

It's the Lighting Pro that needs the USB, not the LED fan hub.

yep.. you'd be surprised how common this is

My initial problem was that H150i + LL120 RGB kit require 2 separate USB headers on Mobo because Lighting Pro (in the kit) needs one.

With CoPro I don't need the Lighting Pro and I can connect the H150i USB directly to the CoPro.

Thanks!

yep.. you got it dude :).. good luck on your quest!! hit us up with some build pics in the build section :)..

Welcome aboard!!!!

Welcome back Brother!!! kids now Grown up?? :D :D this was me a few years back lol.. gave up pc's and went console while parenting.....

yep.. you got it dude :).. good luck on your quest!! hit us up with some build pics in the build section :)..

Welcome aboard!!!!

No kids, but wife says I'm like one! :)

Happy to get back into PC gaming after being on console for a long time.

Thanks again!

Update.

http://i.imgur.com/AUTbNFBl.png

Re: the RGB Fan LED Hub splitters for running more than one Hub per LED Channel on a Commander Pro or Lighting Node Pro..

Received from Devbiker today!! I Thanks you Sir!!

http://i.imgur.com/DGJ7Jjcl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/yf1jo3al.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Nt5qa9Jl.jpg

These (as pictured in my above diagram allow me to run 2 RGB Fan LED hubs from one Channel. this free's up a much need LED channel in my 1000d.

must be noted these are not a Corsair Product and indeed not supported by Corsair.. All at your own risks guys..

more info from the man him self on making cables your self or you could always get him to do the dirty work :)

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=174759

Every day this week, I have and will continue to come home, take off the cable side glass and cover and doing cable management as well as moving location of stuff. I have already deleted 16 RGB extensions and 12 PWM extensions. I may finally be happy with the cable management by the end of this week.

After Christmas, I am going from black chrome brass pipe and ordering chrome and redoing both loops. I need to address the mounting of my pumps some and straighten/level out the piping a little more. This is a never ending build.

Last weekend I delidded my 7900X. I was running 4.6Ghz Prime 95 at 95C. After the delid, I dropped to 76C. I am now at 4.7, prime 95 at 81C. I have booted 4.8, 4.9, even 5.0. I cannot even get 4.8 Ghz to pass prime. Keeps locking up, 84C. I got aggravated after so many reboots. I'll try again after I'm done with everything else.

man that sounds 'Busy'.. and i have a day off.. lol.

my clocks (8700k & 6700k) are stock and yet to dellid as i am waiting for hydro X!. gotta strip the lot and start again. I feel this case will be around me for many years to come.. it's an adventure lol

I just got my case in yesterday, tried to tackle the beast. I have a few questions. Does the front glass pan swivel, mine is connected by 1 corner and I can rotate it a full 360 degrees, not sure if this is the standard. How many RGB Extension cables are roughly needed for this build, I did not purchase any, and I feel like I may have under estimated their need.

I just got my case in yesterday, tried to tackle the beast. I have a few questions. Does the front glass pan swivel, mine is connected by 1 corner and I can rotate it a full 360 degrees, not sure if this is the standard.

Scary.... not a feature on mine buddy. solidly attached top and bottom.

How many RGB Extension cables are roughly needed for this build, I did not purchase any, and I feel like I may have under estimated their need.

yep you certainly need extensions bud.. both RGB and PWM... DevBiker does do a 1000d specific pack.. not sure what it contains and maybe he will jump in.

I needed to extend both cables on all 13 in mine

upon arrival... shock at size of box?.. when out of box was it.. MUCH bigger than you expected?

Scary.... not a feature on mine buddy. solidly attached top and bottom.

yep you certainly need extensions bud.. both RGB and PWM... DevBiker does do a 1000d specific pack.. not sure what it contains and maybe he will jump in.

I needed to extend both cables on all 13 in mine

upon arrival... shock at size of box?.. when out of box was it.. MUCH bigger than you expected?

This is Scary because my case came unhinged and broken then. Damnit. I knew the case was big, but the box it came in was HUGE. Its taller than I thought it would be, but slimmer as far as width go.

I just got my case in yesterday, tried to tackle the beast. I have a few questions. Does the front glass pan swivel, mine is connected by 1 corner and I can rotate it a full 360 degrees, not sure if this is the standard. How many RGB Extension cables are roughly needed for this build, I did not purchase any, and I feel like I may have under estimated their need.

I have managed to get rid of all rgb extensions and some pwm extensions. I had extensions everywhere. When I'm done this week I'll snap a picture. It will still be horrid.