Corsair Community

Request for Black LL120 2200 rpm 3.0mm H2O fans like the white ones

dbdarrough

The LL120 fans come in 2 different versions, depending on the color with drastically different specs:

The black ones run at 600-1500 rpm and produce 1.61 mmH2O static pressure with 43.25 CFM of airflow.

The white ones that come with the Hydro Series H100i RGB Platinum SE cooler and are available separately on the site run at 360-2200 rpm and produce 3.0 mm H2O static pressure with 63 CFM of airflow.

Please, please, please offer the same version and specs of the white model in a black fan so the majority of us that want black LL120s can get the same higher end spec fan as the white, just in black.

Better yet, also offer the Hydro Series H100i RGB Platinum SE in black with the upgraded fans or consider an Hydro Series H150i RGB Platinum SE with the upgraded black fans for those of us that want a 360mm radiator and would like the look of the LL120s vs the ML120s,

Thanks!!!

Just to be clear, the blade is the same on both fans. You only get your higher statistics when running at speeds above the maximum of the black LL120. When both fans are at 1300 rpm, they move the same amount of air and offer the same resistance. Running the fan at 1800-2200 rpm is a requirement to benefit.

True but I don't believe that is an option on the black edition. The white ones are capable of running at the higher speeds, static pressure and airflow. I would just like to see the same specs available for LL120s no matter whether they are black or white. :biggrin:

• 2 months later...
Is there a software that can push the fan speed higher? Can iCUE software do that? I have been looking into this issue for a while, this is the first I have seen somebody else post about it. No other RGB fans Corsair has goes as high as the specs on the white LL120 fans. CORSAIR!!?? why?!

Is there a software that can push the fan speed higher? Can iCUE software do that? I have been looking into this issue for a while, this is the first I have seen somebody else post about it. No other RGB fans Corsair has goes as high as the specs on the white LL120 fans. CORSAIR!!?? why?!

Because most people find the sound of a 2000 rpm 120mm fan to be very much on the loud side of things and several years of shipping 2700 rpm fans with the coolers has generated considerable feedback on the issue. You only get the benefit of the "increased specifications" by running at those 2000 rpm speeds. So if you are not willing to run at 2000 rpm, it's a moot point.

No, you cannot use software to override the limitations of the motor.