Corsair Community

iCue not activated in Windows Lock Screen

Candide

Hello,

One day I set a macro on a macro key with iCue: press 2 keyboard keys.

This macro used to work either in a normal windows session and in lock screen.

Several months later I changed the pressed keys combination of this macro.

This macro works well in opened windows session.

But when I am in lock screen my led colors change and don't follow my setup and my macros don't work as expected. They simply don't follow my profile setup. Instead when I press the macro button I've got the old macro (the first one) which is executed, even if it doesn't exists anymore.

Set up:

- Win10

- Corsair K55 RGB (maj 30.08)

- iCue (maj 3.25.60)

Please give me some help!

CUE and other non-OS software does not run when the PC is locked. You saved the altered macro to the software, but also need to save it to your keyboard hardware profile (Keyboard Name HW1-2-3). These HW profiles have a small SD icon that differentiates them from the others and they are for the sole purpose of creating lighting and actions to save to the device.

Hi c-attack and thanks for the answer.

So I understood I need to save my action also in another profile that is saved into my keyboard device directly. Is that it?

I look everywhere and didn't find what you are talking about when mentioning "These HW profiles have a small SD icon that differentiates them from the others".

I even tried record the macro by pressing the 'MR' key on my keyboard (and thus by-passing iCue) but same result: I can see the macro in iCue when I open it but all is disabled in lock screen.

So I 'm still not able to "save it to your keyboard hardware profile (Keyboard Name HW1-2-3)".

Can you explain to me how can I achieve this please? May'be with a screenshot?

Thank you for your help.

The K55 is a bit of an oddity and may handle this differently than the other keyboards. Originally, did you use the MR button to record the macro? Or did you program it in CUE with the actions tab? You might also see if the K55 has the older “save to device” feature instead of HW Profiles. It will be in the three horizontal line drop down menu.

I tried both ways to record the macro.

I've found nothing like a “save to device” feature. I looked everywhere 10 times :D

But there must be a way that lets me achieve it since this I've already saved a macro once for the lock screen.

All I can do is refer you to the instructions. I suspect it is going to be manual recording only as described below and the features that allow the software to device save were not used to keep the cost of the K55 lower.

Press and hold MR key for 5 seconds to enter Special Macro Key Functions mode. The macro status LED indicator will turn solid white to confirm the new mode of operation. While in this mode, you have access to three macro key functions.

ENABLING, DISABLING, AND REMOVING MARCOS Once you’re in this mode, press one of the G1–G6 macro keys to check the respective macro’s status. A rapidly blinking LED light will indicate the macro’s status: > it blinks once to confirm that the G key is enabled, > and twice to confirm that the G key is disabled. All of the G1–G6 macro keys are enabled by default. You can keep pressing the G key to enable or disable the macro; the LED light will always reflect the macro’s current status.

TO DISABLE ANY G1-G6 MACRO KEY > Press any G1-G6 key to disable the macro key without deleting action (if previously assigned). The macro status LED indicator will blink rapidly twice to confirm selected key is now disabled.

TO ENABLE ANY G1-G6 MACRO KEY > Press any G1-G6 key again to enable the macro key. The macro status LED indicator will blink rapidly once to confirm selected key is now disabled.

TO DELETE MACRO ASSIGNED TO G1-G6 MACRO KEY > Press and hold any G1-G6 key for 3 seconds to delete macro previously assigned to the key. The macro status LED indicator will blink rapidly three times to confirm macro has been deleted.

To exit Special Macro Key Functions mode, press and hold MR key for 5 seconds. The macro status LED will turn off to confirm.

I did it!

So the solution is:

- Go to the Lock screen

- Press MR once (enter recording mode)

- Press G1/G6 key

- Press any keyboard keys combination

- Press MR a second time to save the macro

Thank you very much for your help c-attack.

Cheers!