Corsair Community

Fan setups for Carbide Air 540?

RainesLastCig

So I've almost got all the parts to build my spouse's PC (waiting on that 3300x chip to come into stock!) I built mine about a month ago in a 680x and it was my first venture into PC building. I've loved my Corsair products and wanted to give building in another Corsair case a shot.

I've got a Noctua NH-D15 for the CPU cooler, and between me and my friend who both built in the Crystal Series 680x we have two extra 120mm fans from the rear exhaust on the cases. I was wondering if I should add either or both to this Carbide Air 540? I don't know a whole lot about these fans or whether or not it would benefit to throw them in there for extra exhaust out the top. I've considered replacing all of the fans in it for pwm fans but I don't really know how much of a difference it'll make in terms of noise reduction or cooling.

We have two cats so dust accumulation is a little bit of an issue and I wanna try and do whatever I can to minimize dust and give the case good airflow. I do plan to dust it regularly ofc, but I hear the open layout can cause quite a lot of dust accumulation since there's only one dust filter.

Any suggestions on the cooling ecosystem of the case or minimizing dust/extra dust filters etc would be greatly appreciated guys.

Most setups will benefit from top exhaust with a cooling effect on the RAM and VRM heat sinks.

There are also 3rd party filters specifically for either case as a kit or specific places. I used a Demciflex version on my 740 Air when running it reverse flow. They cover all the extra breathing spaces that might be a concern in a more hazardous environment.

Most setups will benefit from top exhaust with a cooling effect on the RAM and VRM heat sinks.

There are also 3rd party filters specifically for either case as a kit or specific places. I used a Demciflex version on my 740 Air when running it reverse flow. They cover all the extra breathing spaces that might be a concern in a more hazardous environment.

I'll have to try and find some filter for it. Should I put both of the extra SP120 fans on the top for exhaust then? I think I'll need a fan hub or something for them, I think I can only fit 3 on the Asus Tuf X570

You could do a fan hub or pairing them off in splitters off the MB headers may be easier. I am assuming you're talking about the non-RGB "ring" SP120s. Be careful, they exist in both PWM and DC forms. Won't matter on a splitter, but most fan hubs are PWM only.

Thanks for the heads up! I haven't double checked on them. But I don't think they are PWM fans. I'll take a look at the splitter option, that's not something I had considered.

I thought about getting PWM fans to replace all of them in the case but figured I should see how these do first, see how loud they are. My biggest issue was just trying to figure out whether I should put exhaust fans up top, since I think it would cause negative pressure with the two 140mm up front?

Don't forget speed is the key variable besides fan count. If the front fans are at moderate pace and the top fans are taking slow laps, you don't have negative pressure. That's all you really need out of the top for this set-up.