GPU: KFA2 RTX 2080 OC

STG: M.2 Samsung 950 PRO 500GB, SSD Samsung 750GB, HDD WD Green 3TB

RAM: Ballistix Tactical Tracer 32GB (16x2GB) 3000MHz CL16

PS: Corsair SF600

Keyboard: Logitech G710+

Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero

Monitor: HP

New to install:

- Corsair Hydro H100i RGB Platinum (top)

- 2 Corsair ML140 PRO RGB or LL 140 (bottom)

Problems/doubt:

1. I would like modifiy case and install on the bottom 2 ML or LL 140 PRO RGB fans but I dont know how connect this extra fans to control RGB and power.

2. I would like buy same fans of H115i with more RPM and CFM (ML140 PRO RGB)

3. My mobo only have 1 USB header...

What I need to install all?

Thanks for your help

Hello,

It looks like your case specs indicate it doesn't accommodate 140mm fans or a 280mm, so I'm not sure you should be heading down that road unless you are doing some case modifications.

The H100i RGB Platinum (240mm) is a great AIO and comes with 2 ML fans. They move more air than the LL series, however, keep in mind they don't have the same RGB bling as the LL series which have RGB LEDs on the outer and inner fan ring.

In terms of connecting the extra fans and RGB control, since you only have one USB header and you'll need at least two USB connections to accommodate the H100i and a Fan/RGB controller. The Commander Pro module from Corsair may be a good solution here, as you can connect it to the USB header on your motherboard and then the Commander Pro has two additional USB connections on it. So it will accommodate the H100i USB connection and leave you one USB to spare. This device can control 6 fans and their RGB lighting through an RGB Fan Hub that needs to be purchased separately. Note, the RGB Fan Hub comes with the 3 Fan Pack LL120 or LL140 or it can be purchased separately. The RGB Fan Hub plugs into the Commander Pro for controlling the RGB lighting on your fans. You'll use the Corsair iCue software, which is free to control the fans, pump and RGB lighting.

Keep in mind, your 2 ML Fans with H100i don't need to be connected to the Commander Pro. You'll connect them to the Fan power leads from the H100i pump. Only the 2 ML Fan RGB leads will be connected to the RGB Fan Hub I noted above. It sounds like you'll only need to connect your two bottom fans to the Fan Headers on the Commander Pro and then their RGB leads to the RBG Fan hub. That will leave you 4 Fan Header controller inputs open on the Commander Pro and 2 RGB Fan Hub LED inputs open.

Last thing to remember, you need open SATA power connectors to power everything here. Three in total, one for the H100i, one for the Commander Pro and one for the RGB Fan Hub.

You'll find a lot of good information in this thread link to visualize what I'm describing - http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

Good luck with your new build!

Tony

Hello,

It looks like your case specs indicate it doesn't accommodate 140mm fans or a 280mm, so I'm not sure you should be heading down that road unless you are doing some case modifications.

The H100i RGB Platinum (240mm) is a great AIO and comes with 2 ML fans. They move more air than the LL series, however, keep in mind they don't have the same RGB bling as the LL series which have RGB LEDs on the outer and inner fan ring.

In terms of connecting the extra fans and RGB control, since you only have one USB header and you'll need at least two USB connections to accommodate the H100i and a Fan/RGB controller. The Commander Pro module from Corsair may be a good solution here, as you can connect it to the USB header on your motherboard and then the Commander Pro has two additional USB connections on it. So it will accommodate the H100i USB connection and leave you one USB to spare. This device can control 6 fans and their RGB lighting through an RGB Fan Hub that needs to be purchased separately. Note, the RGB Fan Hub comes with the 3 Fan Pack LL120 or LL140 or it can be purchased separately. The RGB Fan Hub plugs into the Commander Pro for controlling the RGB lighting on your fans. You'll use the Corsair iCue software, which is free to control the fans, pump and RGB lighting.

Keep in mind, your 2 ML Fans with H100i don't need to be connected to the Commander Pro. You'll connect them to the Fan power leads from the H100i pump. Only the 2 ML Fan RGB leads will be connected to the RGB Fan Hub I noted above. It sounds like you'll only need to connect your two bottom fans to the Fan Headers on the Commander Pro and then their RGB leads to the RBG Fan hub. That will leave you 4 Fan Header controller inputs open on the Commander Pro and 2 RGB Fan Hub LED inputs open.

Last thing to remember, you need open SATA power connectors to power everything here. Three in total, one for the H100i, one for the Commander Pro and one for the RGB Fan Hub.

You'll find a lot of good information in this thread link to visualize what I'm describing - http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

Good luck with your new build!

Tony

Hi friend!!!!

Yes, my case only accept 120 fans, 2 (top) + 1 (bottom). I will mod bottom case, moving powersupply up and install 2x140 bottom to have more aire flow...

If ML120PRO RGB AIO will be connect to wires pump, in comander pro, Can I connect 2x140 rgb bottom fans?

And last question, is posible buy ml140pro fans of h115i? This fans have more air flow and rpm that bundle.

Edited by JaPeMo

Yes, the bottom fans will be plugged into the Commander Pro for power and control. Then their RBG leads into the RGB Hub. While your motherboard may have Fan connectors that could have been used for the bottom fans, given you want RGB LED fans, I'd say the Commander Pro with the RGB Fan Hub is the most ideal solution for you since it gives you full control. Especially since you need to address your lack of USB connectors on your motherboard.

Tony

Yes, the bottom fans will be plugged into the Commander Pro for power and control. Then their RBG leads into the RGB Hub. While your motherboard may have Fan connectors that could have been used for the bottom fans, given you want RGB LED fans, I'd say the Commander Pro with the RGB Fan Hub is the most ideal solution for you since it gives you full control. Especially since you need to address your lack of USB connectors on your motherboard.

Tony

Ummmm I dont need fan hub, becouse 2 fans can connect power and rgb directly to pump. AIO pump have 4 connector, 2 for power + 2 for rgb fans...

Sorry, I forgot to comment on something else. The Corsair Hydro H100i RGB Platinum kit comes with 2 fans, these have a 4 PWM connector for the power and another 4 for RGB...

From What I've seen, the Comander Pro, Light node Pro and the fan hub have 2 or 3-pin connectors, how do I connect the fans?

You need the Commander Pro to be the fan hub for the other 2 fans (case bottom), the 2 fans for the AIO are connected directly to the pump - as you said. I'm making the assumption here is that you'll have 4 fans in total in your setup. 2 on the AIO rad and 2 on the bottom of you case. Per DevBiker's note below, check out the thread link for details and pictures of examples.

You need the Commander Pro to be the fan hub for the other 2 fans (case bottom), the 2 fans for the AIO are connected directly to the pump - as you said. I'm making the assumption here is that you'll have 4 fans in total in your setup. 2 on the AIO rad and 2 on the bottom of you case. Per DevBiker's note below, check out the thread link for details and pictures of examples.

The CoPro is optional - unless there aren't enough fan headers on the motherboard. For controlling the RGB, a Lighting Node Pro will also work.

That's not to say that the CoPro isn't a good investment - I have several and I really like the device. But it's not required.

The CoPro is also the USB header solution here, if not he'll have to go down the path of the NZXT Internal Hub as I think was noted as an earlier option. I figure the CoPro keeps things cleaner in terms of a solution. One or the other may be required, to address the lack of USB headers. Edited by tjgodin

If I understand correctly, I need CoPro and Hub RGB to connect all correctly and controlled by iCUE.

Thanks for your help friends!!!!

FYI, internal USB port splitters are dirt cheap on eBay. I use one to connect my cooler and PSU iCUE connections on a single mobo header.

FYI, internal USB port splitters are dirt cheap on eBay. I use one to connect my cooler and PSU iCUE connections on a single mobo header.

Hi friend

With commander pro I can connect commander pro directly to MB and this have 2 usb ports to connect AIO and Hub.

Thanks for your comment!!!!