Corsair Community

The Obsidian 1000D Owners Club 'The Nags Head'

Zotty

Yay,, Progress is being made :)

your picture,,,

http://i.imgur.com/rMScOn9l.jpg

I Find Imgur a useful site for storing and sharing pictures on forums etc https://imgur.com/

I have Mentioned in your build log thread. the 140mm to 120mm adaptors will space the fans wrong for use with a radiator (h150i) :(.

and just to note... I Also notice you have the left hand side fans upside down. this will have an effect on synchronised RGB effects

Edited by Zotty

Ohh crap :{ I don't want to zip tie it in like I did see one guy do with his Hydro Series H150i Pro :/ I wish they would get in the 120 tray this is not good :/

I think they come and go quick and makes sense to not keep a huge amount in stock,, I managed to get one from Corsairs UK online Store but i had to check the corsair store on a regular basis....

Hi Guys.

One of my 3.5 HDD trays broke. I was removing it to install a HDD. Didn't use too much force. Really sad, this case is so nice. Be careful when removing these trays.

My SSD cage for the carbide 540 also broke some years ago. Plastic stuff.

Anyway, I wanted to know if you guys know of a way to get a replacement part. I wanted to buy more of these trays in case any of them break in the future. And possibly a replacement for the carbide SSD cage.

I haven't been able to find the link to the part in the US website. Only found a very similar part, with some holes different, in the UK corsair website.

https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-%7C-Parts/PC-Components/Cases/Replacement-hard-drive-tray-%281-unit%29/p/CC-8930040

I sent a customer ticket to try to get a replacement. But is there any shop, some place I could order these things?

I may not be able to buy directly from the US or UK website because my credit card is brazilian. I don't think they take international foreign cards, I tried to buy RAM from the US corsair web shop and they said they required US credit cards.

Any help is welcome, thanks!

Attached pictures of the broken part in my dropbox folder.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/skr1v4xiiav9qg2/AAABBpakcdkEyUDQ0FVZ02jCa?dl=0

Take care with your trays, I know I'm really sad with this, ruined my day.

If anyone in Canada or USA needs the Obsidian 1000D 4x 120mm Fan Tray they now have them in stock :D: We bought the two we need tonight one for me and one for the husband :D:

Canada Link

https://www.corsair.com/ca/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-%7C-Parts/PC-Components/Cases/Obsidian-1000D-4x-120mm-Fan-Tray/p/CC-8900177

USA Link

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-%7C-Parts/PC-Components/Cases/Obsidian-1000D-4x-120mm-Fan-Tray/p/CC-8900177

Edit... Sadly today they are sold out again. My advice to anyone looking for parts always sold out go to corsair site and start a ticket looking for the part .... And as soon as it is in stock they will email you. I had done the notify me as well as started the ticket and it was the ticket to let me know first the tray was in stock.

Edited by Zorlacc
edit

• 4 weeks later...
Any toughts on the new amd cpu and gpu relase this year?I have been running nvidia and intel for the last 23years but getting tired of changing my mb when a new cpu comes on the marked,waiting for tests,if ok I will probably change my i7 7700k and asus rog strix mb.My i7 cabylake is running at 5ghz steady,thats a nice cpu.

• 4 weeks later...

hello Zotty if you want trays you can have my 5,I will never use them you get them for free,just the the postage to uk if you want them.

I am upgrading my gpu next week,I bought 2 asus rtx 2080 ti rog strix today,waiting for EK waterblocks(10 days) sli with nv-link looking forward to some serious gaming(fps)

hello Zotty if you want trays you can have my 5,I will never use them you get them for free,just the the postage to uk if you want them.

I am upgrading my gpu next week,I bought 2 asus rtx 2080 ti rog strix today,waiting for EK waterblocks(10 days) sli with nv-link looking forward to some serious gaming(fps)

Hey buddy :).. tell me more!! :)..

• 2 weeks later...

is there any place I can buy a new tray to mount 2 times 2080 rtx card in my 1000d,I want to mount them vertical ,the one tray that came with the case has 4 slots,will fit 2 cards, but no space between the cards.I want to run these cards in sli via nv-link.

the nv-link comes in 2 sizes 3slots or 4 slots,will any of this 2 fit my setup?

Both gpu cards will be water cooled with EK waterblocks,and what about place for the backplate on the front card?will it be room?

Hello my friend

well the case is big,the glass look s good,but entusiast case it is not.

But I will take out the back panel an redesign this panel,and make it to fit duel vertical gpu cards.The vertical mounting bracket I will take from an other

old case that I have,it is a simpel operation ,cut,drill and screw,still waiting for the backplates for my new cards,Ek will start shipping today.

yes a plan I have Zotty,I will go modular,I will probably use plywood and alu and quick coplings between moduls.

The way I see it is that when you buy a new case,you are confined to that space,like take it or leave it the plan will probably be a winter job,as the mc season is starting soon.

will take some Hungarien guys to north cape this year.

• 2 weeks later...

hello my friend,well the pc is up and running now sofar with only 1 gpu instaled waiting for backplate for number 2 was ordered,but my store made a mistake and ordered a wrong one,did a test in 3dmark time spy today and scored 11711 points,still working on overclocking my one card,temp on gpu in stress test not above 45 c and fans running 1100rpm

on 2 480mm radiators.comparable score in 3d mark was in the 92% on this rig now.I am happy with results.The case is almost filled up and dont ask about the wire managment in back of the case (spagetti is the right word)