Corsair Community

led strips make my temp increase

advise429

have a custom loop with an inline temp sensor plugged into my commander pro

when i turn my corsair led strips on my coolant temp increase around 2*c in 10 seconds

anyone else come across this issue

i dont think the leds are causing a temp increase but possible a voltage change which effects the temp sensor voltage value

maybe a software bug

thanks

Hmm.. interesting. No one else has reported this. I have 4 strips running around my case and 8 temp probes in right now. I have never seen this, but am interested.

Can you detail the temp probe set up a bit more? What kind of temp probe it is (brand/style)? Do you have more than 1 in the system? Where in the loop is the temp probe located? Proximity to the actual LED strip?

I am trying to think of a way to troubleshoot it without taking apart the Commander Pro for voltage testing. I am using 6 different brands of 10K sensors with 3-4 different sensor types (plug, blade, ring sensor, etc), so I don't think there should an issue with anything you are using, but would like to compare.

I've reproduced this. It seems that lighting that is powered by the Commander Pro has an impact on its temperature readings. I've not seen a change as radical as 2C but I did see coolant temps move by about 0.5C is a second. Liquid just doesn't change temps that quickly.

I suspect, personally, that it's a voltage change causing the issue and that it's an issue with the CoPro. But that's merely a hypothesis so don't take it as gospel. I've reported this in to Corsair.

OK, it seems I have not picked up on this since all my strips are on the LNP. My C-Pro handles fans and their RGB Lighting Controllers only. Those do not seem to have any impact. Will need to move the strips over to compare.

* I cannot replicate it. I moved my 4 strips over to C-Pro Ch2 and there was no change. Then Ch1 and nothing either. That C-Pro has 4 sensors, 2 Corsair 10K models, plus 2 plug water temp sensors both different brands. No change on any of them.

Edited by c-attack

The increase is sudden and dramatic, like jumping up a step or two in the graphing. It can't be real. I don't think the sensor type or model has anything to do with it, but it seems to reproducible for some and not others. We'll have to see what that means.