Corsair Community

H100i RGB Platinum Lighting shuts off as soon as iCue loads

mldewey

Hello all,

I just installed my new H100i RGB platinum replacing an EVGA clc 240 that died and it is cooling great. On the first boot, the pump and fans were in rainbow mode...looked great. Logged into Windows and was waiting for the pump and fans to sync up with my other Corsair devices (K70, Wireless Void, M800, and Dominator Vengeance memory) after iCue launched but to my dismay, the pump and fan LEDs went dark while the rest of my Corsair devices were syncing beautifully. iCue sees the H100i, I updated the firmware to 1.01.15 hoping that would fix the issue but no joy. Tried multiple profiles/themes and still....nothing. Tried creating just a simple lighting effect...nothing. Fans are set to ML RGB Series Fans. What is even wierder is that now the fan lights stopped working on boot altogether. Fan and pump controls work fine. When I shut iCue off pump LEDs come on...still no fans LEDs though. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Update...Absolutely confirmed iCue launch kills the RGB on pump AND fans. I disabled iCue setting to launch at start of Windows. Rebooted....Let it sit for 10 minutes and pump/fans stay lit. Manually launched iCue and immediately RGB went dark on pump and fans.

Do you have any other RGB software running, e.g. for the motherboard or GPU? That will cause the aforementioned issue. I had the same problem until I uninstalled them COMPLETELY (cleaning the registry as well). If you have additional RGB fans, you will also need the Corsair Commander Pro to control everything.

• 2 weeks later...
Do you have any other RGB software running, e.g. for the motherboard or GPU? That will cause the aforementioned issue. I had the same problem until I uninstalled them COMPLETELY (cleaning the registry as well). If you have additional RGB fans, you will also need the Corsair Commander Pro to control everything.

Turns out that I had to re-import the profiles. Got that advice from the guy (Alex Krastev) that developed the profiles. Worked like a charm.