Corsair Community

Disable Corsair RAM in iCue

Mouse16

Hello

I would like to disable the service that detects RAM in iCue because I have old RGB Vengeance modules witch work perfectly fine in Aura but when I start iCue the modules get laggy aura bugs and eventually crashes. I think that a simpel plugin would be able to disable the modules but I didn't find one yet. I know it is an old product that has been replaced with the Vengeance Pro but please just disabling the detection of the RAM would help because after I put my PC in sleep sometimes iCue doesn't detect my ram or states a red mark next to it (making it uncontrollable in iCue but controllable in Aura) so I think it maybe is possible.

Regards,

Louis

you can disable the SDK in icues options to leave icue controlling it and disable aura, or you can try the new aura plugin beta mentioned in the release notes thread of the latest icue (that lets icue control the motherboard, so you could remove the other software)

You want Corsair to develop their software with a selective off switch so that a 3rd party software application can take exclusive control over their own hardware and software that you are running at the same time?

The purpose of the Aura RAM plugin is for people who are not otherwise running iCUE. If you need to run iCUE anyway, stop using the Aura plugin. They are probably fighting for control. There is nothing in Aura you can’t do better in iCUE, especially now the software control overhead is so tiny.

Well corsair does not have an ability to sync my RAM, LL fans and motherboard when it comes to non static colors. I have older vengeance RGB ram wich can not be synced with Lighting Link because corsair said it's SMBus has hardware limitations wich i understand, after all it was probably not designed for complex lighting. What i do find annoying is that Asus Aura can take full control of it when iCue is not running, so asking for some mod that can disable detection/control of the memory was asked. With that and JackNetRGB Sync i would be able to have full sync of any Aura effect with no crashes. I do need to be lucky to have iCue not detect my ram sometimes. I know iCue has a wider range of effects but Asus Aura has music mode and corsair not, it would also sync everything if iCue doesnt detect my RAM. I really like iCue but that RAM issue just has me blocked of full syncing.

Well the Aura-Corsair plugin lets Motherboards be detected in iCue. Wich does not solve any of the problems i have with my Vengeance RGB (non pro!). I need something that can link them together. I can link my MB and LL fans with JackNetRGBsync so no need that recent plugin showed at CES.

....so no need that recent plugin showed at CES.

LOL. OK, I tell them to stop working on that. No one wants motherboard LED integration. Presumably your entire purpose in using Aura to make the RAM LEDs sync with your motherboard LEDs. Otherwise there is no purpose to using Aura for the RAM.

If you are properly using the "CORSAIR RGB MEMORY PLUGIN FOR ASUS AURA SYNC" from the downloads page, iCUE should not be trying to take back control. This is why I keep asking. You must also check the "enable plugins" box from the iCUE settings. Perhaps someone else with have better luck untangling you.

How do i make clear my Vengeance RAM is not the PRO version and is not supported with the "CORSAIR RGB MEMORY PLUGIN" I said no need for that plugin from CES YET, i think it's very good they started working together but since I already had a solution for that topic I do not need that plugin yet.

Presumably your entire purpose in using Aura to make the RAM LEDs sync with your motherboard LEDs. Otherwise there is no purpose to using Aura for the RAM.

Yes, it is to sync my RAM with my motherboard because iCue developers said they can't make advanced lighting link effects for my non pro memory while asus aura can do it because of their older interface. It works when iCue is closed as I stated before but than my LL fans wont work because iCue is not running...

but since I already had a solution for that topic I do not need that plugin yet.

No, you don't have a solution or you wouldn't be here. You can't use the two at the same time. You won't use hardware lighting for the fans. You won't use the motherboard plug in to make the motherboard match the RAM. You are going to have to compromise somewhere.

Frankly, your motherboard lighting is extremely limited. I am not sure why you can't come up with a basic CUE lighting scheme to match, but it seems rather unlikely Corsair is going to make another plugin to remove control of the RAM lighting from iCUE for a discontinued product.

but it seems rather unlikely Corsair is going to make another plugin to remove control of the RAM lighting from iCUE for a discontinued product.
It seems they indeed will ditch the product from further support, little bit disappointed remembering I paid 480€ for those 32gb 2 years ago :(

You won't use hardware lighting for the fans. You won't use the motherboard plug in to make the motherboard match the RAM. You are going to have to compromise somewhere. Frankly, your motherboard lighting is extremely limited.

The point is to sync them all with effects and not static colors. I like the rainbow effect and music effects from aura but I will probably have to give up on this RAM issue ill just leave it dark so it doesn't bother me. Maybe in the future ill spend another fortune getting that new PRO ram and leave those old sticks alone witch is a shame tbh because I know it is possible...

[ame=

]
[/ame]